Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2   

Reply to this topic

WAM, WAM CAPITAL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 27 2016, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 25 2016, 01:43 PM

not sure I entirely agree with this thesis, because the ex-ASX20 sector is where the money has been flowing for quite a while. Interesting, nonetheless:
One of the worst kept secrets in the broking and funds management world is the game being played by those wanting to double guess the actions of well known fund manager Geoff Wilson from Wilson Asset Management.

Wilson raised $394.3 million through an initial public offering; the new LIC, called WAM Leaders, will begin trading on the ASX on Monday. It will invest in the top 200 stocks with a slight twist. The pitch for financial planners and retail investors was that WAM Leaders would provide good returns while avoiding the top 20 stocks, which includes BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and the big four banks. The game being played in the market revolves around trying to work out which stocks will end up in the WAM Leaders portfolio and then buy them ahead of Wilson. In common parlance this is called front running.

Wilson reckons it is already happening judging from recent trading in Mayne Pharma, a stock that has been favoured by existing funds in the WAM group and was named in the promotional documents issued during the capital raising. Since May 19, the stock has risen 15 per cent to a record high of $1.56.

Chris Stott, WAM's chief investment officer, says he has already identified the 27 companies that will be in the WAM Leaders portfolio. But he refuses to name them

MYX has run well, it is true .. it did announce Doryx as getting FDA approval, and then kicked the following day (up again this morning)

... another one going for a run today on the back of little news is Freedom Foods FNP
. . . . .
The current WAM Top 20 (descending order)

HHV - Hunter Hall Global Value Limited
CYA - Century Australia Investments Limited
SXL - Southern Cross Media Group Limited
SIQ - Smartgroup Corporation Limited
NCK - Nick Scali Limited
PBG - Pacific Brands Limited
MYX - Mayne Pharma Group Limited
SGF - SG Fleet Group Limited
MVP - Medical Developments International Limited
GJT - Galileo Japan Trust
RCG - RCG Corporation Limited
AOG - Aveo Group
VOC - Vocus Communications Limited
MMS - McMillan Shakespeare Limited
APN - APN News & Media Limited
AGF - AMP Capital China Growth Fund
AAD - Ardent Leisure Group
TRS - The Reject Shop Limited
VTG - Vita Group Limited
ASB - Austal Limited

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rick001  

nipper
post Posted: May 25 2016, 01:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 19 2016, 12:11 PM

Wilson Asset Management has finalised a raising of $394 million through its new listed entity WAM Leaders. The deal represents the largest-ever capital raising for an Australian listed investment company, and will look to find undervalued growth companies within the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 index.

"From day one, we were overwhelmed with strong demand from investors, particularly from existing shareholders in our other LICs: WAM Capital Limited, WAM Research Limited and WAM Active Limited," Mr Wilson said.

WAM Leaders is slated to hit ASX boards at $1.10 a share on Monday after it raised $394.3m through the allotment of 358.4 million shares in its IPO, with the raising drawing 10,000 investors. The group was able to upsize the raising on two occasions, with the initial top target of $330m comfortably surpassed.

Director and chief investment officer Chris Stott said the record raising increased the opportunities available for the new fund. "Large funds under management ensures the relevance of the company in the market, which can increase investment opportunities," Mr Stott said. "It also has the benefit of lower fixed administration costs as a percentage of assets and greater liquidity for investors."
WAM Leaders - code WFL

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 19 2016, 12:11 PM
  Quote Post

WAM Leaders Limited (ASX: WLE) initial public offering (IPO) is now open to investors.

To invest in WAM Leaders please complete the online application and payment form. You can also contact your stockbroker or financial adviser.

WAM Leaders will provide investors with access to the emerging leaders in the S&P/ASX 200 Index using a Research Driven and Market Driven investment processes.

WAM Leaders is seeking to raise up to $209 million with the ability to accept an additional $165 million in oversubscriptions. Existing WAM Capital Limited, WAM Research Limited and WAM Active Limited shareholders are eligible to take part in the $99 million WAM priority allocation.

--------------------

jons
post Posted: Jan 18 2013, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ericson's post @ Jul 10 2011, 08:43 AM

Now $1.66, with options expiring on 31st July. Options are exercisable @ $1.60, and trade around 6c.

If exercised before the dividend date in March/April, the new shares will attract a 6c div.

Worth keeping an eye on.

ericson
post Posted: Jul 10 2011, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: N.M.Mer.'s post @ Mar 10 2009, 01:31 PM

Looks like no one wants to make money, seriously! check the price now!

N.M.Mer.
post Posted: Mar 10 2009, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

What do chartists call a 15% rise in two days - the result of a write up in the March 8 Sunday Herald by David Potts ? A Pott Belly or maybe a Pott Handle.

Anyway, a quick rise from .735 to .84 is very nice in this market.

N.M.Mer.

--------------------
Disclaimer : Believe nothing I write .

influxweb
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 07:32 AM
  Quote Post

WAM 6 month graph attached
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING