Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSR, CSR LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jul 16 2009, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

The top fifty company must be CSR. And we will get to see how much a carbon credit is worth. Puts RBC on the radar.

The good news is, we will know by Friday.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20090714/pdf/31jkjcw58c9s4y.pdf

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Jul 15 2009, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

Lets see, Exxon puts in $600m to a algae based biofuel programme, CSR puts out a letter touting for interest, GPG and Brierley are agitating for change and are up to something at MSF, CCF goes in to a trading and RBC's Arborgen is busy planting great tracts of land in the US.

Seems to me we are going to have what we are waiting for soon.

--------------------

theking
post Posted: Jul 10 2009, 08:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 9 2009, 05:57 PM

GPG was a large holder of TTP run by Sir Rob it probably one of there first large losers but in those days not much notice was
taken as lots of money was been made by every one but it was Dr W & Gibbs that led the attack and failed..

GPG thinks they are experts in every thing from Sandstone,Chooks[free range] eggs,Motel soap,Car deals, Cotton Threads, Kiwi fruit and lots more so having a GO at CSR is NO new deal when they should of looked after there own account BETTER..

plastic
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 06:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 9 2009, 05:57 PM

Wasn't Sir Robt Jones proven to be a crook or something? He was able to avoid culpability by having signed a contract with the company he founded before he left it and even while he was in its employee he sold all his shares without disclosure.

Something like that. My memory fails me a bit but if someone is upholding Jones' interests here, I would give him a quick drop kick out the front door for as far as my boot will allow.

Put it this way. I have never lost money following Ron, Gibbs, Weiss and co. but I did with RJI and later TTP.

--------------------

macduffy
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theking's post @ Jul 9 2009, 04:51 PM

I don't really follow all these references to " Sir Robert Jones" - his public company days were long before GPG came on the scene - and BRICKS ?

GPG certainly don't get all of their little forays to work but I did well enough out of the likes of Tyndall and Tower to at least take a bit of notice.

cool.gif

theking
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 9 2009, 03:50 PM

Gorden Gekko would be pleased with your reply its like a two way bet on one hand you say GPG dose not know and then they do
because things have changed , give us a go make your mind up.. GPG has tried this stunt many times and companies one they missed on is back in the old days with Sir Robert Jones annual GPG could run rings around him said Dr W., BRICKS was there but it all ended up in the garbage tin.

NO different as TODAY.. king.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 03:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theking's post @ Jul 9 2009, 02:23 PM

Hi, King.

I don't know where you get the idea that I, or anyone else think that GPG know what they're doing but there's no denying that they sometimes take positions and force changes. The fact that they're not having any success with CSR doesn't mean that we should disregard what they're trying to do.

Cheers

plastic
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 9 2009, 12:30 PM

There was one interesting comment in the Chairman's address about activities being undertaken in the glass, insulation and gypsum business units.

These are the same divisions FBU are strong in.

Something is up in the cement business.

Graeme Hart is always busy making deals and he pinched some key FBU staff members. Staff FBU chose not to exercise a restraint of trade clause against.

Gonna be some big deals soon.

--------------------

theking
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Jul 9 2009, 12:30 PM

There you go again believing what ever GPG does is good they make just as many mistakes in lots of other companies as well as CSR,, But NO good complaining about CSR buying at high prices GPG has done the very same when it bought its holding the
good Dr W should have tried to join the board and work on the inside but 5% not big enough to get on board but he could have tried..

GPG has fallen behind by not taken up its share allotments also could have bought more at very low prices to gain strength
but NO they want to yell at the annual meet they know BEST.. king.gif

macduffy
post Posted: Jul 9 2009, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 9 2009, 10:58 AM

GPG has a go at CSR board!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/aust...slams-CSR-board

biggrin.gif

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING