Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

LOK, LOOKSMART LIMITED
LookingConfident
post Posted: May 5 2006, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: quiktrade_1 on Friday 05/05/06 07:50am

So, LOK's shareprice has risen from sub $4.00pps a little over 4 months ago and yesterday I couldn't buy them for $6.50cps and you say I have it all wrong Quiktrade_1 ???

Perhaps we see things different in our investment stratergies?? Is that maybe, a possibility?? At this stage (and I do hope I get more on open @ $6.50cps, I doubt it though) I think you may need to have a second look at how you (yourself), judge a company.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=LOOK&t=1y&...=m&q=l&c=sot.ax

But only MHO, of course.

smile.gif
LC

quiktrade_1
post Posted: May 5 2006, 07:50 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: leppard on Friday 05/05/06 07:12am

Leppard,

You know what your problem is mate... It's your glasses! Have them changed to rose coloured ones and you'll see things much clearer.. lol

Seriously.. I agree with what you're saying.

At the current cash burn rate they'll probably only have just under two years left to turn it around. I'm probably being too generous with that two years.. Surely the NASDAQ listing must come into question when the cash on hand reaches a certain level. Then again they could do a capital raising or get Rupert to buy in..

Regards
Quik. lmaosmiley.gif

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 5 2006, 07:43 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (leppard @ Friday 05/05/06 07:12am)

leppard ......

On the 30th of december, (when LOK's shareprice was "SUB" $4.00pps) I posted here that it was a "steal" at what was a rediculously low mark. Yesterday, I was able to get some more @ $6.50cps and that is a rise in the SP value, of some 62.5% .....In a little over, 4 months!!

You continue to "knock", yet the share price value, continues to climb ..... I wonder why? Perhaps, and I say this as humbly as I possibly can, but perhaps it is possible that I may understand this business just a little "deeper" than you might do? Maybe?

Now I will remain in the queue for the remainer of my bid (@ $6.50cps) but wouldn't mind betting you, that I do not get these, when the market opens. Naturally, I hope that I do ......

There is a "big" picture here that will unfold in due course. Those that look a little deeper can see it clearly. They (I feel) are the lucky ones!! But hey, most of it has been written right here on this thread. It may not be expressed as well as I would like it to be, but I've given it my best shot, so to speak.

A very exciting future is ahead of Looksmart, but this is just my opinion and again, I respect you for yours.

Cheers Leppard.

smile.gif
LC

leppard
post Posted: May 5 2006, 07:12 AM
  Quote Post

The loss increased from last quarter. Why didn't you bold that. Here let me

Net loss for the first quarter of 2006, which includes $0.3 million of non-cash, share-based compensation charges, was $4.5 million, or $0.20 per share. This compares to net loss in the preceding quarter of $3.8 million, or $0.17 per share, which included a restructuring benefit of $0.6 million.

They expect another loss of about the same next quarter. How can you say that's a good result. They don't even look like breaking even anytime soon.

So what if revenue increased, if you can't make any profit.

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 5 2006, 06:33 AM
  Quote Post

LookSmart Reports First Quarter 2006 Results
Thursday May 4, 4:15 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO, May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LookSmart (Nasdaq: LOOK - News; ASX: LOK - News), an online media and search technology company, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2006.

David Hills, Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We posted another solid quarter, and the LookSmart team is encouraged by the results delivered in our core advertising business and early signs of progress from our newer revenue streams. During the quarter our ad network continued to increase in volume, our proprietary audience grew by over 30% demonstrating interest in our vertical search properties, and our technology continued to perform well for both LookSmart and our publishing customers. While we are still in the early stages of implementing our strategic initiatives, this quarter's performance highlighted our initial accomplishments and the longer term potential of our strategy."

Quarterly Highlights

The Company's GAAP results of operations include the impact of expensing stock options resulting from the adoption of Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 123®, "Share Based Payment." The Company is using the modified prospective method under SFAS No. 123®, and accordingly, has not restated the consolidated statements of operations for prior periods.

Revenue: Total revenue of $10.5 million in the first quarter of 2006 grew 5% from $10.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2005, at the upper end of the Company's prior guidance range of 3% to 5%.

Key Advertising Metrics: Total paid clicks increased to 74 million for the first quarter compared to 72 million in the preceding quarter. Average revenue per click (RPC) excluding run of site advertising was $0.15 compared to $0.16 in the fourth quarter of 2005. Including run of site advertising, RPC was $0.12, unchanged from the previous quarter.

Key Audience Metrics: Total unique visitors to the Company's network of owned sites increased to 12 million at the end of the first quarter from nine million at the end of the prior quarter.

Cost of Revenue: Traffic acquisition costs (TAC) were within the Company's guidance range at approximately 59% of total advertising revenue in the first quarter, up from 57% in the fourth quarter of 2005. Additionally, TAC excluding the advertising impact of owned sites was 65%, compared to 63% in the fourth quarter of 2005. The Company continues to focus on its overall traffic optimization process with the primary objective of increased advertiser performance.

Gross Margin: As a result of higher TAC, gross margin was 33% in the first quarter of 2006 compared to 34% in the fourth quarter of 2005. The higher TAC was partially offset by the growing contribution of advertising on our owned sites and publisher services revenue.

Operating Expenses: Total operating expenses in the first quarter were $8.5 million, which includes $0.3 million of non-cash, share-based compensation charges. This compares to total operating expenses of $7.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2005, which included a restructuring benefit of $0.6 million.

Net Loss: Net loss for the first quarter of 2006, which includes $0.3 million of non-cash, share-based compensation charges, was $4.5 million, or $0.20 per share. This compares to net loss in the preceding quarter of $3.8 million, or $0.17 per share, which included a restructuring benefit of $0.6 million.

Cash: Total cash, cash equivalents and investments were $45.9 million at March 31, 2006 compared to $51.3 million at December 31, 2005.

John Simonelli, Chief Financial Officer, stated, "As our new revenue streams develop initial momentum, we are refining our metrics, providing more detail on Average Revenue per Click and Traffic Acquisition Costs, allowing greater insight into our business and added visibility for investors. In addition, we will be providing gross margin guidance going forward."

Financial Outlook

LookSmart is providing the following outlook on a GAAP basis, including the impact of the adoption of SFAS No.123®. For the second quarter ending June 30, 2006:

-- The Company's revenue is expected to increase 6% to 8% from the first
quarter of 2006.
-- Ad Network TAC is expected to remain relatively consistent at 63% to
66%. The Company plans to adopt this treatment of TAC going forward.
-- Gross margin is expected to increase throughout 2006 with second
quarter gross margin expected to reach 35%
. The expected improvement
in gross margin is primarily due to continued revenue growth from our
owned sites.
-- Operating expenses are expected to be approximately 5% higher in the
second quarter due to increased sales and marketing efforts to
support revenue growth as well as product development resources for
improvements to the Company's technology platforms.
-- Second quarter net loss is expected to improve slightly from the
first quarter of 2006.
-- Quarterly non-cash, share-based compensation for the remainder of the
year is expected to be consistent with the first quarter.

Conference Call
LookSmart will host a conference call today at 5:00 p.m. ET (7:00 a.m. Australian ET, May 5, 2006) to discuss its financial results. To listen to the call from the U.S., dial 1-800-257-6566; from Australia, dial 1-800-730-220. The call will also be available live by webcast on LookSmart's Investor Relations Web site at http://www.shareholder.com/looksmart/.

That's a nice improvement. Well done Looksmart. It's only a matter of time, I've no doubt at all.

smile.gif

LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 5 2006, 05:41 AM
  Quote Post

Looksmart report in a little over half an hour's time. I'm confident that the Co is on track for a bright future.

Today, (in the US) LOOK's shaareprice opened @ $5.17cps (yesterday's close) and with steady buying have reached it's high of the day on several occasions.

Go LOOK !!!!

LOOKSMART LTD (NasdaqNM:LOOK) Delayed quote data Edit
Last Trade: $5.25c
Trade Time: 3:21PM ET
Change: Up $0.08cps (+1.55%)
Prev Close: $5.17cps
Open: 5.17
Bid: 5.23 x 1100
Ask: 5.25 x 2000
1y Target Est: 6.63

Day's Range: 5.17 - 5.25
52wk Range: 2.75 - 5.75
Volume: 149,080
Avg Vol (3m): 107,500
Market Cap: 119.68M

smile.gif
LC

Featured Stock Stories

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 4 2006, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (LookingConfident @ Tuesday 02/05/06 05:20pm)

Ah 'The Ferret' .... All is forgiven!!! - Lest we forget!! - (From his/her latest newsletter)

< If a stock was rising sharply for no apparent reason on a certain day - and the theory worked best when there was a mining boom of some sort in progress - he would bet London to a brick on that the stock would be that week's selection in The Speculator column in The Bulletin magazine that came out the next day. >

"London to a brick on" ...... Yes, Ken Howard!!

And we shouldn't forget these colourful characters from past years, nor the 'coloqialisms' that are truly Australian that should never be forgotten, IMHO.

It's part of our own "unique" history but sadly, it's quickly being forgotten, only to be replaced by the "americanisation" of our venacular. Who, in racing could forget.

But, those sayings? If "Eddie everywhere" is reading this post, do yourself a favour and have Bert Newton compare a QUIZ show with questions based on those very same "Australianisms", being the theme of the show. This topic knows no politics, no religions, no race, just "pure" Ozzie "lingo", that all sexes and ages both young and old, should/would embelish!! Advertisers on the show would include, Drizabone, Vegemite, etc, dispite the fact that anything uniquely Australian, is now owned overseas!!

But "London to a brick on" ?? Has "The Ferret" been reading my posts, lately??

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=co...le+Search&meta=

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=of...nG=Search&meta=

LookingConfident Posted on Tuesday 02/05/06 05:20pm

QUOTE (LookingConfident @ Monday 01/05/06 09:35am)

re; < Bambi - And .......... "The future of search"..... >

It was most pleasing to recieve a reply from Bambi Francisco and I was wrapped when she invited me to place my notes to her, on her own blog. After-all, Bambi is a celebrated internet columnist of Marketwatch.com. (see first paragraph of E Mail, below). Lot's of today's internet "experts" have blogs including a Rupert Murdoch adviser and the "doyen of the Internet", John Battele. They do have their "finger on the pulse" and a readership in the millions!

It was this column, that prompted my contact to her. She wanted "to be pinged", she said.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...teid=mktw&dist=

Subject: RE: re; "What other areas in search should I explore"?
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:12:57 -0700
Show Full Headers Back To [INBOX]

This is tooo good. Why not post this on my blog? Don't you think this is worth the attention of others? Please feel free to put this on there.

And I WILL do so. Problem now is, Yahoo have deleted all those posts that were "linked" from my research, for whatever reason. I would bet "London to a brick" that they were "too close to the bone", but that's just my opinion. Dave Hills of Looksmart had recieved a copy earlier.

smile.gif

LC

PS; And due respect to racing long departed, Ken Howard. ("London to a brick")

Cheers to "The Ferret"

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 4 2006, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

From Time Warner's 1 Report ......

< Time Warner has been revamping its AOL business from a subscription model to one based on Internet advertising, an approach used with great success by Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. Yet while AOL's advertising revenues grew 26 percent to $392 million in the quarter, that wasn't enough to offset the 13 percent decline in subscription revenues to $1.54 billion. As a result, overall revenues at AOL fell 7 percent. >

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060503/earns_time_warner.html?.v=12

Google's Adsense ?? Placed down the RHS of/on the Vertical 'results' pages?? They (Google) paid out an average 78% of over $900M such revenues, for Q1 ......

http://www.looksmartdrinks.com/p/search?qt...=free&vcat=cat1

The thought or, suggestion of a Looksmart newspaper/publisher/media Co "hook-up" possibility being announced tomorrow morning, pre -ASX open, (with the concept outlaid within the Bambi blog post), really does put an emphasis on the potential "universal" nature, of any such move.

But it IS all, just MHO, of course! There are few certainties in life .... LOL !!

smile.gif
LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 3 2006, 08:44 AM
  Quote Post

LOOKSMART NOW HAS .....

Results 1 - 10 of about 39,900,000 from www.findarticles.com

On Google.com.au

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&lr=&...=Search+the+Web

More articles to choose from and "contextualise" with advertising......Put the "dots" together.

smile.gif
LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 2 2006, 11:00 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: LookingConfident on Tuesday 02/05/06 05:20pm

And I WILL do so.

Here is the link to that story, as I NOW SEE IT.

http://bambi.blogs.com/bambi_francisco/200...omment-16798541

Hey, it's only an opinion, that's all.

smile.gif
LC

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING