Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5   

Reply to this topic

EHE, ESTIA HEALTH LTD
arty
post Posted: Jun 7 2016, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Jun 7 2016, 02:06 PM

I have two gaps, back in Jan and Feb last year:
$4.60 on 27 Jan and $5.21 on 18 Feb.
Today's candle, $4.61 to $5.14, is sitting smack between those two, closing neither of them as yet.

Attached Image

Of course, it may still happen.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

batikit
post Posted: Jun 7 2016, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 7 2016, 01:22 PM

it just closed the $4.60 gap today . The sell off was executed professionally.
The pros were accumulating at the gap

arty
post Posted: Jun 7 2016, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 7 2016, 12:53 PM

Resistance has held, so no buy signal arose.
Just as well, looking at today's sell-off.

Attached Image

I don't know what, if anything, the "Audit" might reveal, but given the Government's attitude towards the sick and needy, the timing of the announcement could well be election-related. Prepare for accusations to pop up and be used as "justification" to cut funding for Health and Aged Care even more.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jun 7 2016, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 22 2016, 12:30 PM

Health Department set to audit Estia over aged-care claims

Concerns have also been raised about the company's practice of reclassifying residents of newly purchased facilities into higher care categories, which attracts extra government funding. Aged Care Minister Sussan Ley told The Australian that as many as one-fifth of industry claims made for aged-care funding instruments had been ruled to be too high.

"There is no hiding away from the fact that the residential aged-care budget will blow out by a further $3.8 billion in the next four years without action to address inconsistencies in the way claims are currently made," she said.

The government pays a fixed daily amount per person, with more funding available for residents who are judged to require more attention, using a system known as the aged-care funding instrument. More than two-thirds of Estia's annual revenues are derived from this funding, according to its financial statements.

Estia's average daily payment per patient, already significantly higher than industry average, has grown at a faster pace than its peers. Analysis shows that the company claimed $139 on average per patient per day in 2012, compared with an industry average of $131. That gap widened to $14 in the last financial year — $170 compared with an industry benchmark of $156.

A company spokesman said it's experience allowed it to assist management teams at acquired sites to "better match the government subsidies with the actual care being delivered in the homes". "It is also noticeable that people entering residential aged care today have significantly higher acuity than only a few years ago," he said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Mar 22 2016, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

transferred from "Aged Care Services"

Attached Image

Short-term, price has broken the steepest downtrend and could well be headed up to test the previous gradient; that would lift it 10-20% above today's trading range. I'm not holding yet, but shall keep an eye on it. Maybe if it breaks and holds above $6?

Sue provided this interesting Fibonacci Study over the longer-term weekly chart.

Attached Image

The A indicators on the right suggest some accumulation going on, supporting the theory that a breakout could be imminent.
Thanks Sue

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING