Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
endymion96
post Posted: Jun 27 2007, 04:35 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: tanman on Tuesday 26/06/07 03:13pm

maybe in another year or so ... I read it takes 3-5 years sad.gif

Benjammin
post Posted: Jun 27 2007, 03:51 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Benjammin on Tuesday 26/06/07 10:46pm

I think the longs are mostly settled in, but throw in a few weak stomachs and bored fly-by-nighters in the abscence of meaningful news, and you get what you are seeing.

Yeah, I know, 2 PIII announcments ARE meaningful, but for some it meant "take profits and come back in two years".

I personally don't want to be caught high and dry on this when it moves, will just use the dips to buy more. Sucks though, I've watched a third of my paper profits dissolve recently.

Benjammin
post Posted: Jun 26 2007, 10:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: arjan1972 on Tuesday 26/06/07 04:09pm

One guy sells in a thin market, brings the share price down a penny, the next guy sells before another penny is lost (bringing it down another cent). Repeat.

Or a more pragmatic view... more exit points being hit than entry points.

arjan1972
post Posted: Jun 26 2007, 04:09 PM
  Quote Post

this stock is driving me crazy.. Can someboby explain the current fall? i don't see any reason. mad.gif

tanman
post Posted: Jun 26 2007, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: endymion96 on Tuesday 26/06/07 04:18am

"This is why it will be a red-letter day when these patents are granted as exclusivity was thru what, 2020?"

Endymion, any word on when this is approximately going to happen? It has been in the works for a while and I was hoping before the end of this year. Could we see an immediate doubling of the share price?

Tanman

endymion96
post Posted: Jun 26 2007, 04:18 AM
  Quote Post

Yeah, the problem is that Epitan/Clinuvel is taking so long to get this to market that the original patent on the peptide sequence has run out ... meaning that anybody can manufacture it. But, the only delivery method open to users of a dry peptide is to mix it with solution and inject. The general public will not be open to using needles or keeping up with a schedule of injections. But the fact that there is a certain segment of the population willing to do this does show that this drug will be highly sought after when it gets to market.

The "Ace" that Clinuvel holds is that they have applied for ALL slow-release patents of the drug by every conceivable method possible. This is why it will be a red-letter day when these patents are granted as exclusivity was thru what, 2020?

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Benjammin
post Posted: Jun 25 2007, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (atsasx @ Monday 25/06/07 07:16am)

You're welcome.

But I forgot, and wanted to mention, the MTII I bought was not from the website that was brought up, but for what it's worth, I suspect it ultimately came from a similar source.

And yes, it worked, but that is probably hit and miss according to venue.

atsasx
post Posted: Jun 25 2007, 07:16 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Benjammin on Monday 25/06/07 02:06am

Thanks Ben...

Benjammin
post Posted: Jun 25 2007, 01:06 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Benjammin on Monday 25/06/07 12:37am

Okay, I went back and saw they claim manufacture in a 'US lab ', so it must be true!

No mailing address under 'Contacts'

Web domain is registered with Network Solutions in Virginia, and mailing address to melancorp is only in c/o them (Net Solutions)

The legalities of this are hazy to me.

Benjammin
post Posted: Jun 25 2007, 12:37 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (atsasx @ Sunday 24/06/07 05:52pm)

This topic has been covered extensively on this website in the past, but no recent discussions, so to save some searching on your part, I offer this.

It's a third party reproduction of the peptide. Who is the third party that actually produces it? That's a question you should ask yourself. They have lab certs on that website, but I couldn't find WHERE those labs were located???

Against better judgement and overwhelming curiosity and desire to have a tan, I personally tried some of this last year, and it is very effective. However, you have to do daily injections during a 'loading phase' over several weeks, and then a maintenance plan to keep a certain amount of the peptide in your bloodstream. Also you have some side effects that may/may not be desirable (one of which are raging erections... but at inconvenient times, you be the judge of how much you want that!)

The biggest things to be concerned with:

-Is it legal to possess in your locale?
-Do you care where it's produced (and by whom), even though it's effective?
-It's not the slow-release implant (CUV has the patent on that)
-Aforementioned side effect(s)
-Daily injections
-Not covered under insurance, as CUV1647 should be once approved and used for an approved indication (albeit injectable MTII is not terribly expensive, a few hundred for a safe summer long tan, but if you're on a budget...?)

It also made some of my existing freckles very dark and gave me some new very dark moles/freckles. I think the slow release implant may help reduce this effect, because the melanin production doesn't 'ramp' so quickly (and the purity is not suspect).

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING