Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1562 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 > »    

Reply to this topic

NWE, NORWEST ENERGY NL
Twobees
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 04:53 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: King Baz on Monday 13/10/08 04:44pm

Cheers to all the NWE/AED posters for your research and ideas. Agree that AED is showing promise. 2bs

King Baz
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 04:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Monday 13/10/08 04:20pm

Puffin-11 will be completed as a production well - because that is what the well was intended for, that is what they said they would do, they found oil and reconfirmed again that the horizonta will be drilled, and THIS well would become a producer.

The 50-100m horizontal was though to be sufficient given the well is in a crestal location.

AED has the potential to surprise to the upside significantly imo.

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

mosaic1996
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Brierley @ Monday 13/10/08 03:55pm)

Hi Brierly,

Offshore, generally they plug and abandon appraisal/exploration wells, and drill a new well at a later date to bring a discovery onto production. This is due to cost considerations.

Cheers,
Mosaic

Brierley
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 03:55 PM
  Quote Post

Does anyone know or have a prediction on the timetable for Puffin SW development should Puffin-11 prove commercial.
I note that the well plan in the 4th qtr rpt has them drilling a short lateral section in the LK1a sand (50-100m).
Presumably this is purely to conduct a production test with further lateral drillling required to gain maximum contact to the oil bearing sand ?
If so, will they suspend the well after the production test and develop it later next year or move immediately to get it online.

There was a media article posted several times already that stated an FPSO was on standby but no corresponding news from AED yet..
The market is obviously not reading anything positive into that media article going by AED's sp.

A successful production test accompanied by some guidance on a near term plan to develop Puffin SW would be a nice surprise .

macduffy
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: macweb on Monday 13/10/08 11:58am

All true.
But I don't think any current NWE shareholders aren't aware that this is a very high risk investment.

cool.gif

macweb
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: macduffy on Monday 13/10/08 11:15am

Hello macduffy.You may be correct as to price but that would be sad news for current investors many of which would have losses, some may be substantial.Some investors think they are smart to invest ,'not in the prime mover ', in my experience I have found that can be a very dangerous pursuit, not very smart at all in my opinion.
The current shareholders of NWE are very vunerable and so to speak 'very big Risk takers' .
Another major problem with the share is the low volumes times price each day, pathetically small.at the moment there is only about $6550 worth on the bid at 6.3 cents with a very wide spread .
That is good for a predator as a low price could be offered and shareholders would be able to sell much larger volumes to the predator.

Those with bigger brains will be looking at those with smaller brains regarding NWE I should think. Just my opinion.

I am not advising anyone,everyone should carry out their own research and take advice from a professional adviser before dealing and or investing in any financial instrument

--------------------
[COLOR=red]Please note that all my comments are purely my own opinions, I am not advising anyone. You must do your own research.[/COLOR]

macduffy
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: macweb on Monday 13/10/08 11:09am

Hi macweb.

If you're right, NWE would be a good buy at current prices, IMO.
Unlikely that anyone would be able to "predate" on it at anything cheaper than it is already!

Disc: Holder.

cool.gif

macweb
post Posted: Oct 13 2008, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

Once the oil price settles down and a sensible bottom can be ascertained there could well be a bid for NWE to pich up thge AED royalty stream and give it to investors other than the current shareholders of NWE.Look what happened to Roma recently.I do not think there are any major shareholders in NWE. ADE therefore seens to me to be a much better investment.I realise that it will be affected by the movement of the AU$/US$ and the oil price however there are large shareholders in AED who could stop any Predator who has ideas to buy the company too cheaply.
This is the most important matter for NWE investors in my opinion as we are at a time when Assets tend to move from the weaker hands to the Stronger hands .
I would not be surprised to see a Low bid for NWE once the oilprice has stabalised.
I would therefore much prefer the shares of AED.
I am not advising anyone,everyone should carry out their own research and take advice from a professional adviser before dealing and or investing in any financial instrument

--------------------
[COLOR=red]Please note that all my comments are purely my own opinions, I am not advising anyone. You must do your own research.[/COLOR]

King Baz
post Posted: Oct 12 2008, 10:06 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: daggie on Sunday 12/10/08 04:02pm

daggie, 1.5M units . . . about 900k in fpo's and about another 635,000 through derivative purchases.

I have a target with a couple of colleagues to get to double digit %, that way we are more than passive investors smile.gif

In my view, based on P-11 results, there is a good chance that some of the oilpools such as P-2, P-9, P-11 and even the NE are linked . . . in which case the upward interpretation is very very positive.

Just to refresh a few brains, checkout;

http://www.norwestenergy.com.au/files/reso...W_Resources.pdf

When oil was trading at US$50/bbl, NWE's ORR was estimated to be worth $65M, 5 x NWE's current market-cap!

I eagerly anticipate a super bullish sentiment towards AED in the coming weeks and months. Oil at US$148/bbl may not have been sustainable, but oil under US$80/bbl is not going to last long, this will fuel the Indian and Chinese economies . . .

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

daggie
post Posted: Oct 12 2008, 04:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: King Baz on Saturday 11/10/08 04:34pm

Hi KB, have you increased your interest in NWE by l.5 M(million???) $ or 1.5 M shares???
It is indeed hard to beat your optimism, determination, beliefs and your profound knowledge your willingness to share it with us. May not agree with everything you say, but I must take my hat off to you.

1562 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING