Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > »    

Reply to this topic

KKL, KOLLAKORN CORPORATION LIMITED
gulf
post Posted: Nov 14 2007, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Wednesday 14/11/07 02:24pm

as you say BRING IT ON !

moosey
post Posted: Nov 14 2007, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

More news from ASX "U.S. National Security Agency Licensing Agreement"

This company could be huge, one of the posters on HC is saying that the company they are talking to re EVR is 3M and that each rego lable is worth $5 to Mikoh, Hmm now that's ten times what I was thinking? even somewhere in between would be great and it's a yearly income!

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Nov 13 2007, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: iseeitall on Tuesday 13/11/07 04:34pm

Just imagine if say the US, Mexico and a few other countries adopted EVR and say a small profit from each label of say.50c applied? that would be worth MEGA bucks, and it would be an annual income as well, not a once of thing!!

BRING IT ON!!!

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

iseeitall
post Posted: Nov 13 2007, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Tuesday 13/11/07 03:09pm

Check out the release at 3.50 p.m. today. Looks like EVR is about to become a step closer to realisation.

I hold.

moosey
post Posted: Nov 13 2007, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

Hopefully here is a copy of the white paper?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  F_SWhitePaperEVR_Mikoh.pdf ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 190

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Nov 13 2007, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

Kinell on HC posted this it certainly is an interesting article!

http://www.mikoh.com/11132007.asp

MIKOH and Frost & Sullivan Release Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) Best Practice
MIKOH and Frost & Sullivan research partnership outlines the importance of
RFID tag physical security in global EVR applications

WASHINGTON, D.C., November 13, 2007 – MIKOH Corporation (MIK.AX) finalized a Frost & Sullivan research partnership with the release of an in-depth white paper covering the importance of tamper-evident RFID tags in electronic vehicle registration (EVR) solutions. The paper evaluates the value of physical security for RFID in EVR applications, as well as best practices for deploying EVR worldwide.

Frost & Sullivan defines EVR as the use of wireless technology, typically RFID, to automate the identification of individual vehicles. This automation holds many benefits, including the enforcement of registration and traffic compliance. In the U.S., registration non-compliance is estimated at five to 10 percent of all vehicles, costing the Department of Transportation up to $1.5 billion in lost revenue. In some nations around the world, non-compliance can reach as high as 30 percent of vehicles.

“Registration non-compliance is a growing issue that must be resolved by government agencies across the globe,” said Andrew Strauch, vice president of product marketing and management for MIKOH. “It not only detracts revenue dollars and the ability to enforce traffic violations, but also increases safety concerns for the public and law enforcement officers alike.”

The Frost & Sullivan white paper outlines global case studies and best practice recommendations for RFID-based EVR systems. Physical security is an important aspect of the report’s findings. On the surface, RFID systems appear capable of fulfilling EVR requirements. However, physical security is needed to derive the intended benefit of EVR. If the tag is not outfitted with electronic and visual tamper evidence measures, there is no way to determine if the vehicle is properly registered.

“Tamper evident RFID systems are a necessity to enable reliable automation that ensures the primary value of EVR is kept intact,” said Brendon Ouimette, research analyst with Frost & Sullivan’s AutoID and Security practice. “Unsecured RFID systems by their very nature require human verification, which defeats the purpose of EVR and eliminates any possibility to safely include additional functionality like toll collection and automatic registration renewal. Simply put, they are not suitable for complete EVR solutions.”

MIKOH’s patented Smart&Secure platform has undergone extensive testing to meet the rigorous tamper evidence demands of global EVR applications. The technology disables an EVR RFID tag if tampering occurs, flagging officials of registration noncompliance and other legal violation. This restricts the EVR tag from being physically moved from one vehicle to another, ensuring one-to-one mapping of the tag to an individual vehicle.

The proven nature of MIKOH’s Smart&Secure platform has drawn increased attention from EVR deployments worldwide. The technology is currently deployed in Bermuda’s EVR system, which leverages RFID to monitor approximately 40,000 vehicles to date. While Bermuda remains the only nation to have implemented a nationwide EVR system, others are showing interest as well.

A free copy of the Frost & Sullivan white paper, “The Importance of Tamper-Evident RFID Tags in Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) Solutions,” is available online at http://www.MIKOH.com.

About MIKOH

MIKOH Corporation is a leading producer of security and digital marking products, specializing in ensuring the physical security of RFID tags. The physical security of RFID tags is increasingly being recognized as vital in most applications in this emerging industry. For RFID end users who need to protect materials, documents or merchandise from security compromises and commercial loss, MIKOH’s tamper-evident RFID technology is flexible, scalable and easily integrates into any RFID system.

MIKOH conceives unique security approaches, researches and develops proprietary technologies to support these approaches, patents and prototypes the technologies, integrates the technologies with other security components, and then embeds these components in commercial and government products. The company has offices in Melbourne and Sydney in Australia, and McLean, VA and New York, NY in the USA.

AND just as I wrote this an ASX announcement about this came out!!

--------------------

gulf
post Posted: Oct 31 2007, 07:09 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Monday 22/10/07 02:11pm

MIK still holding around .80 with good volume.I would like to see a new decent size contract signed and sealed before the AGM which is only 3 weeks away otherwise the meeting will only be "we are working on it " etc etc

gulf
post Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: watchmaker on Wednesday 17/10/07 03:38pm

MIK holding up well today,thought there might have been a bigger drop.All we need now is a contract with some cash flow attached.There has been some serious buying in the past few weeks.

watchmaker
post Posted: Oct 17 2007, 12:38 PM
  Quote Post

By comparison, they are on fire today - now 73c

gulf
post Posted: Oct 15 2007, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Thursday 11/10/07 01:34pm

late afternoon share price moved from .60 to .62 with over 1M for the day.

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING