Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

APA, APA GROUP
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 8 2018, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 7 2018, 06:38 PM

SP taking a hit - down 8.73% currently @ $8.68 after hitting a low of $8.42.
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=apa
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 7 2018, 06:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jun 13 2018, 04:28 PM

Frydenberg rejects foreign bid for 'critical' pipeline network

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg issued a "preliminary" view that the foreign bid should be turned down on national interest grounds, ending months of argument over the importance of a network that carries gas to millions of consumers as well as vital business customers.

Short positions at 1st November, 2018 = 0.34%. Be interesting to see if shorts start to increase, although this is not a final decision
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=apa
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 13 2018, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 13 2018, 11:46 AM

Interesting take on the deal from Michael West -
APA: why do foreign energy giants covet Australian assets? We’re a soft touch
Posted by Michael West | Jun 13, 2018 | Despatch, Energy, FeaturedUnless it wants gas prices to shoot up, and Australia’s monopoly pipeline operator to be controlled by a Hong Kong billionaire via the Cayman Islands who is not keen on paying tax, the government would be mad to give the green light to this $13 billion APA takeover.

Asian billionaire, Li Ka-shing, moved on Duet Group two years ago in a $7.4 billion play for even more of Australia’s energy assets. Via 51 per cent of Victoria power companies CitiPower and Powercor and South Australia’s ETSA Utilities, he already had his foot on a huge chunk of Australia’s energy distribution and his latest prey, APA, is already a monopoly pipeline operator on the East Coast.

This takeover bid should be dismissed as a joke. It ought to be strenuously opposed by ACCC and FIRB. Moreover the ATO commissioners must be shaking their heads in disbelief. CKI has a dismal record of paying tax in this country and elsewhere and when foreign predators take an asset offshore, it mostly results in plunging income tax contributions. Witness Australia’s biggest brewer:

read more - https://www.michaelwest.com.au/apa-why-do-f...e-a-soft-touch/

Perth and Goldfields gas lines to be sold if APA Group agrees $13b takeover by CK Infrastructure
https://thewest.com.au/business/infrastruct...e-ng-b88865103z
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

Hong Kong's CKI Group has bid $13 billion to take over Australia's biggest gas pipeline company at a 33 per cent premium to APA's share price.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 9 2016, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

not much talk about APA . Market cap nearly $10bill ... boring, staid, yield based infrastructure .... well maybe (and risky with leverage, exposed to bond rate changes)

APA has doubled since 2013, and pays an unfranked 4.5% dividend (dubious accounting as EPS is less than DPS)

and this has long been touted - that Qld gas sourced from CSG isn't sufficient. Must lead to higher E coast prices and tapping the Cooper (sometime) now NSW has closed the state for exploration

Gladstone demand draws gas from NSW
  • The Australian
Victorian natural gas is being piped to Queensland through NSW and the central Australian Moomba gas hub for the first time, as $70 billion of LNG export plants in Gladstone start to suck in gas from as far away as Bass Strait.

The effective export of Bass Strait gas indicates a further tightening of the east coast gas ­markets and is evidence that Queensland's coal-seam gas fields and the Cooper Basin gas fields in central Australia are not providing enough early gas for the LNG projects.Gas flows on the Moomba-to-Sydney gas pipeline, which has supplied NSW with gas since 1976, reversed in December for the first time, as the third of three gas export projects being built at Gladstone powered up, according to data from the Australian ­Energy Market Operator.

And with the projects far from full capacity (the Santos-operated Gladstone LNG plant and the Origin/ConocoPhillips-operated Australia Pacific LNG project still need to ramp up), domestic gas users are worried there will be more export demand on southern gas.

APA Group, which operates the Moomba-to-Sydney pipeline and the NSW-Victoria Interconnect pipeline that connects to it at Young, confirmed one of its ­customers had recently underwritten an upgrade of the Moomba pipeline so it could flow the other way. "Gas has been going what we call 'down the hill' for the last 40 years, heading to the southern market, but late last year, our first physical flow came the other way," APA managing director Mick McCormack told The Australian.

"That's very significant for us and hugely significant for the market." He said the gas could still flow south on the pipeline if needed, such as when one of the LNG plants was down for planned maintenance. "Gas can now flow effectively anywhere and in any direction from Bass Strait to Mount Isa to Gladstone ... as far as I'm aware, no one anywhere in the world has offered the level of innovation and trading of gas pipeline capacity we're offering now."

APA would not reveal the name of the customer underwriting the contract. Santos, the operator of the Moomba gas hub and the project seen with the biggest shortage of gas, is seen as the most likely contender to be drawing on Victorian gas so early. ExxonMobil, which runs the Gippsland Basin Joint Venture it owns 50:50 with BHP Billiton, refused to comment on demand for its Bass Strait gas.

The southern state exports come amid mounting gas shortage concerns in NSW, where AGL Energy this week said it would walk away from its NSW coal-seam gas projects and all other gas exploration and production.

Mr McCormack said he was disappointed by the move to abandon CSG in NSW, although he said AGL had its own reasons and had flagged it previously. "The impact on the gas industry is that there is a resource that now won't be exploited, and that's not good for NSW or the country," he said.

The ramp-up of Queensland's LNG plants was evident in December's trade data, where a petroleum export deficit is disappearing for the first time since 2010, according to data from consultants EnergyQuest.

"Despite the 40 per cent slump in global oil prices, the value of Australian LNG and other petroleum exports just about completely offset the huge cost of importing crude oil, petrol and other petroleum products, for the first time in more than five years," EnergyQuest chief Graeme Bethune said. Australian LNG production reached a record 9.1 million tonnes in the December quarter, representing an annualised rate of 36 million tonnes.

"Increased LNG production improved Australia's overall trade balance by approximately $500 million in December alone," Dr Bethune said. "As LNG production continues to grow, petroleum is likely to make an increasingly positive contribution to the overall Australian trade balance."

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

moosey
post Posted: Apr 24 2013, 04:27 PM
  Quote Post

What's up? SP doing very well today?

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Mar 5 2013, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Feb 28 2013, 12:09 PM

from the AFR: ... after talk of healthy preliminary interest for APA’s Moomba-Adelaide gas pipeline, there is some suggestion results from the indicative bid process have left APA and its banker Macquarie underwhelmed.

Indicative bids for the key South Australian gas transmission artery were due last Friday, but a feeble response might mean that analysts’ suggestions of it fetching up to $500 million may be too bullish.

The dwindling duration of long-term contracts on the line and amount of maintenance capex required for the ageing asset were known to be weighing on the minds of potential bidders.

APA boss Mick McCormack is dead keen to be rid of the pipeline, which the company is forced to divest under a deal with the competition watchdog to secure its approval for its $1.6 billion takeover of Hastings Diversified Utilities.

Deutsche Bank’s RREEF Infrastructure is said to be the most serious among the bidders, with Rothschild the likely adviser.Those that have had a look are thought to include Queensland Investment Corporation, Cheung Kong Infrastructure, Marubeni, EIG Global Energy Partners and others.

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Feb 28 2013, 12:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Feb 23 2013, 09:39 PM

Personally I would not be too disappointed if the SP drops for a few weeks.

I am a long term holder and subscribe to the DRP.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

mcart117
post Posted: Feb 23 2013, 09:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wagalucci's post @ Feb 6 2013, 12:11 AM

I'm sure you were looking for a higher quality chart than the one below, but anyway it shows APA going over $6.00. Charts like this make me nervous, so I'm looking for an exit.

wagalucci
post Posted: Feb 6 2013, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

How soon before it cracks the $6.00 mark. Its trending that way over the past year.

Would love to see some graphs that some so expertly post. (if possible please)

Thanks
Wags

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING