Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

ASL, PERENTI GLOBAL
blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JSB's post @ Feb 27 2018, 02:27 PM

I bet he didn't think of that biggrin.gif

Mind you, I think if I were in his boots I would have done the same - one never knows what happens to the fortunes a company when you leave it in someone elses hands. He did the hard work, he should be able to walk away with the rewards. He's been in the job a long time - 30 years I think.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

JSB
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 27 2018, 01:29 PM

...could have put it in escrow if that's really what he's concerned about?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 26 2018, 03:27 PM

Good timing I guess - SP on a high

Ausdrill founder and outgoing managing director Ron Sayers says he sold his $100 million stake in the drilling services group to avoid lingering uncertainty over the holding.

Mr Sayers confirmed this morning that the stake was offloaded last night to institutional investors via a block sale.

Ausdrill shares closed on Monday at $2.86.

Mr Sayers said the sale took advantage of the trading window available for company officers after the release of yesterday’s interim results.

“Further, following my decision to retire, I also wanted to ensure that speculation regarding a sale of my shareholding did not distract investors from the ongoing strong performance of the business,” Mr Sayers said.

“I remain fully committed to the company I founded until a new managing director is ready to assume the leadership.”

Mr Sayers earlier this month announced he was retiring after nearly 30 years at the helm of Ausdrill.

https://thewest.com.au/business/mining/depa...l-ng-b88757258z
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 26 2018, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 1 2018, 11:14 AM

SP up 7.92% today following release of 1H FY18 results
Overview
■ All key safety indicators improved during the period
■ Sales revenue of $439.7 million, up 17.9%
■ Profit from continuing operations of $35.3 million, up
163.5%
■ Basic earnings per share 10.31 cents per share, up 140.3%
■ Fully franked interim dividend of 3.5 cents per share
declared
■ More than $400 million in contract extensions and new work
won since 30 June 2017
■ Cash reserves of $218.6 million and improved gearing of
17.5% provides strong balance sheet and flexibility to fund
growth
■ On target to achieve earnings guidance of 40% uplift for
FY18
■ Operating cash flow impacted by increase in working capital
for three new project start-ups

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

Up 5.36% on this news -
AUSDRILL RECEIVES LETTER OF INTENT FOR NEW CONTRACT AT WODGINA
Diversified mining services company Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL) is pleased to
announce that it has received a letter of intent for a new three-year contract with
Process Minerals International Pty Ltd (PMI), a subsidiary of Mineral Resources
Limited, at its Wodgina lithium mine, located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Final award is subject to finalisation of contract terms and conditions, and the execution
of the contract.

The contract is expected to generate revenue of approximately $180 million over the
three-year term. Ausdrill will provide drill and blast services at the Wodgina project,
using 29 drill rigs and 150 personnel on site.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Aug 18 2015, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Apr 30 2015, 11:52 AM

I keep this on my watchlist to remind me of at least one smart decision I made.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Apr 30 2015, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

If this rally keeps going it will be the biggest comeback since Lazarus.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

Elliott
post Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 26 2014, 03:47 PM

I got out, it was far too volatile for me. It's back in the trading range unfortunately. Still bullish longer term but needs too reverse from here which in this market is a big ask.

--------------------
My posts are for discussion and educational value only. They are not to be construed as advice in any way.

arty
post Posted: Sep 26 2014, 03:47 PM
  Quote Post

At last! http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01556646
Ron Sayers can again focus on his job. Officious officials grrr.gif

Attached Image

Here's hoping that the Market sees it as a positive and turns back into a Northerly direction.
I've set my review alert at 98c. Not holding any just yet.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

alonso
post Posted: Sep 9 2014, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 8 2014, 02:31 PM

When that ann came out I didn't think it was all that significant, but looks like it was the feather that broke its back.
Could be heading sub $1 again.

--------------------

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING