Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MSF, MSF SUGAR LIMITED
alston
post Posted: Nov 9 2011, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

Offer of $4.45 a nuisance.What happened to the franking credits,these have been held in the company for many years and rightly belong to shareholders.What about the"River Head development" The Thai have no interest in developing a town.What about the lack of Australian ownership of all the land that nowis foreifn owned.Whilst owned by MSF, there was some control of wash off of highly nitrate contant water that is detrimental to the Barrier Reef. Will the THai ensure that a large enough buffer of land to mop up the torrential rain fall, and so protect the reef from these products. Get rid of the Braddock family after 40 years and get a new CEO and flog it off for a quick profit.Disgusting

alston
post Posted: Nov 9 2011, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

Offer of $4.45 a nuisance.What happened to the franking credits,these have been held in the company for many years and rightly belong to shareholders.What about the"River Head development" The Thai have no interest in developing a town.What about the lack of Australian ownership of all the land that nowis foreifn owned.Whilst owned by MSF, there was some control of wash off of highly nitrate contant water that is detrimental to the Barrier Reef. Will the THai ensure that a large enough buffer of land to mop up the torrential rain fall, and so protect the reef from these products. Get rid of the Braddock family after 40 years and get a new CEO and flog it off for a quick profit.Disgusting

mrbob
post Posted: Jun 4 2011, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jun 4 2011, 10:59 AM

This is all about buying the knowledeg to establish a sugar industry in Indonesia - short sighted cash gains will lead to the end of the Australian Sugae industry.

triage
post Posted: Jun 4 2011, 10:59 AM
  Quote Post

More consolidation on the way in the sector it seems.

Singapore's Wilmar International ... - the world's largest palm oil processor which expanded into sugar last year with the $1.5bn purchase of Australia's Sucrogen - said it had signed an agreement to buy Queensland-based Proserpine Co-operative Sugar Milling for Aus$115m.

http://www.agrimoney.com/news/wilmar-seals...cker--3214.html

Must be only a matter of time before MSF's Thai sugar daddy moves to fully acquire it so as to keep it away from the lecherous clutches of those (other) foreign tourists...

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

ShareScene.com
post Posted: May 31 2011, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

TO: MSF SUGAR LIMITED (MSF)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

farmer fred
post Posted: Apr 12 2011, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like there may be a bit a few buyers circling to take over over Tully Sugar, with up to four different proposals to be put to shareholders.

"A CHANGE to the ownership of Australia's unlisted, grower-owned Tully Sugar is imminent, with chief executive John King saying yesterday the company could receive formal takeover proposals as soon as this week, even as Queensland Sugar reported lifting its stake from 13.11 per cent to 17.62 per cent. Sugar marketer QSL, which is buying shares in Tully via stock brokerage Ord Minnett, intends to lift its stake to as high as 19.9 per cent and will continue to buy shares at $41 each whenever the opportunity arises, QSL chairman Alan Winney said.

There are potential buyers offering $41 for each share in Tully, he said, without naming them. At stake is the ownership of one of the last grower-owned sugarcane mills in Australia, which is usually the biggest exporter of the sweetener in the world after Brazil and Thailand.

Two months ago, the failure of Tully Sugar shareholders to muster enough support to remove a 20 per cent shareholding cap on any single shareholder temporarily derailed a $126.7 million takeover proposal by global agribusiness giant Bunge.

Last Friday, Tully chairman Ralph Craven said the company received a non-binding indicative conditional takeover proposal from Bunge on Thursday that indicated it would renew its failed $41-a-share bid, one of four proposals that could affect shareholders, though none had been lodged at that point."
The full article:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/t...x-1226037465458

farmer fred
post Posted: Apr 11 2011, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

Have been looking for a reason for the stellar rise the last couple of days, another forum mentioned representatives of Mitr Phol were visiting North Queensland, but no reference given.
Only news I found was that MSF might benefit from farmers changing to MSF due to large hedging losses by Queensland Sugar limited.
http://www.qt.com.au/story/2011/03/21/ongo...-sugar-limited/

Personally I think its only a matter of when as far as Mitr Phol taking over MSF. May be precipitated by GPG wanting to get rid of their remaining MSF shares.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

farmer fred
post Posted: Jan 11 2011, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 10 2011, 07:39 PM

ASX announcement out, all OK so far. Rain band seems to be slowly moving south, so hopefully will not affect the expected levels in the Mary now.
Still raining here but heavy rain now only sporadic. Horrific what happened in Toowoomba yesterday, hard to believe in a city thats so high up. I think Brisbane might cop it pretty hard today, Mother nature can be a cruel teacher.

farmer fred
post Posted: Jan 10 2011, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 10 2011, 07:39 PM

Hi triage,
Thanks for your concern, but we are pretty safe where we are, the water runs off pretty quickly from our place. I'll no doubt get a lot of root rot in the trees down the track, but that is minor to what a lot of people up here are facing. It was wild and woolly up here yesterday, we had 320 mls on already saturated ground, most of which will be heading for wivenhoe now. Cant understand why they didnt start releasing water a bit earlier with all the bad weather forecast.
I dont really have any contact with canegrowers, they are a bit north of us and have never worked with cane, so take my ramblings with a little grain of salt. Maryborough had a flood event yesterday but it didnt get as high as they had predicted. The floodwaters going down the Mary now are expected to peak in Gympie tonight and prolong the minor flooding in Maryborough according to the BOM, so doesnt sound too serious as far as damaging infrastructure. However their owned canefarms are close to the river, so dont know how much of that would be going under.In any case, most of their value now is in the northern milling JV.
If the wet weather is prolonged, there'll be problems getting on fertilizer etc, and there may be damage to newly planted areas or freshly ratooned crops, though a lot of that should be reasonably established by now. Overall established cane is reasonably robust in the wet compared to a lot of other crops, though no doubt yields will be affected, especially with the lack of sunny days and overall cooler weather.
I too was expecting some sort of update from them. I was pretty keen to take part in the capital raising even though I probably already have more than I should. I'll wait till the end of the week to decide and hopefully we'll hear something in the meantime. I'm still keen on them longterm and believe that Mitr Phol wont be content with 20% in the long term, so unless they drop further will probably participate.
Cheers ff

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

triage
post Posted: Jan 10 2011, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Dec 30 2010, 07:05 PM

Hey Fred

I hope that you and yours are all safe and relatively dry. It is indeed a cruel place sometimes. Terrible what happened in Toowoomba today, and it sounds as if the authorities have some major decisions to make about the Wivenhoe. I just read that it is over 150% full and getting five times the inflow as they are currently releasing. They may have to allow flooding downstream from the dam to take some pressure off it (?).

Anyway back to matters financial. The d-day for MSF's spp is next Monday and the share price at close today is only about 3% above the price being offered in the spp. At this point it really is of marginal benefit for me to put anything into the spp, and if I did I'd be doing it so the company rather than some investor would get my dough. But what concerns me even more is how badly the company assets and profits are going to be knocked around by this wet season. I saw somewhere (?) that there is a substantial chance that next summer in Qld will again be unusually wet. So I guess my worry is that I pay up my $3.15 this week only to have the company put out negative market advice in a week or two (surely they will have to make a clarifying statement to the market in the next day or so).

Have you heard any local gossip about how badly the cane crops and infrastructure are being affected by all this weather and how quickly they could recover? What are your thoughts?

Cheers

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING