Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

Online Brokers?
What kind of broker do you use?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 90
Guests cannot vote 
Mycroft
post Posted: Mar 15 2004, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY starwoman, Thu 15/01/04 09:36am

Does netwealth show as live data the board -- with top
five or ten buy/sells with volume + number of biddes?

rene in geneva
post Posted: Mar 15 2004, 07:52 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY aimforsimon, Sun 14/03/04 12:50pm

The trouble with a PDA is not access, but the cost of the download. If you use a GPRS enabled PDA like an XDA, the monthly data bill is likely to be in the order of $200. Not sure what the 3 system is like but unfortunately the whole mobile data story is one of marketing over practicality at this stage. When will the telcos learn that services need to be cheap to get people to use them.

--------------------
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

aimforsimon
post Posted: Mar 14 2004, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

Does anyone use a handheld PDA when travelling to access their brokerage account. I was thinking of getting one but apparently htere are compatibility issues. Can someone out there enlighten me with experience on what to buy and how to make it work!!!

moneyman888
post Posted: Mar 12 2004, 09:15 PM
  Quote Post

Hi,

Thought I would re-invigorate this discussion especially re sanford, I have been using them for a while for options though now notice they are putting their fees up unless you have $5000 maintained in your cash account at all times, which is ridiculous becuase that means you have $5K sitting in a measly cash account at 3 - 4% that you can not trade with, even though the market may be indicating that you should be fully invested.

I notice some comments below re E-trade. I am about to trial their test account for E-trade power, does anyone recommend one over the other (I.e. E trade power over Pro or vice versa)?

I like Sanfords options screens (premium account) and hope e-trade offer similar features.

I looked at AOT online, and they too seem to be a contender for my new business. Any additional comments re their options platform?

At the moment I can not wait to quit my Sanford account and Merril Lynch account (although I would recommend ML for traders of equities and warrants, especially if you qualify for gold or platinum)

--------------------
Life does not have to be empty or faced alone

texas4qld
post Posted: Feb 19 2004, 09:26 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Chris

Have a read of this thread.

http://www.asxboard.com/index.php?showtopic=229

Tex.

--------------------
The above comments are just my opinions, do your own research before deciding to buy or sell.

chris
post Posted: Feb 19 2004, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

Is sanford the best online broker, they seem to have the best features??

regards,

--------------------
‘Control the oil and you can control entire Continents. Control food and you control people…’ Kissinger 1970’s,

rosskend
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Starwoman - dropped Netwealth an email and got a quick reply:

"Hi Ross,

Thankyou for your interest in netwealth investments.

Our company is currently reviewing the oppourtunities to provide our clients with the ability to trade options and futures. Although this hasn't been completley developed yet it is certainly a priority for the future.

You are able to trade warrants through our website.To do this, you will need to sign a Warrants Agreement form. They are located under 'Help' then 'Forms' in the share trading website.

If we can assist you further please don't hesitate contacting netwealth either via email contact@netwealth.com.au or on our toll free number 1800 888 223.

Jonathan Webster
Financial Services Officer "

If anyone wants the email address to lobby netwealth its in the text or:

contact@netwealth.com.au

Who knows, we might get a cheap options trader!

R/Ross

starwoman
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY starwoman, Wed 14/01/04 10:40pm   [READ POST]

Thanks Forecast, but I was unsuccessful in finding one with Options as reasonably priced as netwealth. Ideally it would be great if we could get traders to lobby Netwealth into adding Options to their Service.

Cheers,

SW

starwoman
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY rosskend, Wed 31/12/03 11:06am   [READ POST]

Its me again Ross,

Just thought if you mentioned to Netwealth about adding the Options, as well as me, they may reconsider and add Options.

this would be ideal for both of us.

Cheers,

SW

forecast
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 08:58 AM
  Quote Post

Hi starwoman,

Have not traded options so have not looked for this facility with the online brokers.

You may like to try the following link to determine which brokers provide an 'option' option.

http://www.infochoice.com.au/investment/on...ing/default.asp

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING