Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

which trading platform is good
BSA
post Posted: Oct 13 2009, 08:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: axeman's post @ Oct 13 2009, 01:02 AM

I don't know what some of the other platforms are like, I tried MaqPrime and its was a flea bitten dog.
I have been using Iress for about 8 years and feel if you can use a broker that offers Iress and if the small monthly fee is acceptable then its well worth it!!

Cheers

--------------------

axeman
post Posted: Oct 13 2009, 01:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BSA's post @ Oct 12 2009, 11:25 PM

I agree with you 100%, but i would not pay $50 a trade with direct shares for example, but I'm not complaining at $32, as i bank with St George anyway, and the platform is quite good IMO.

I could save a few dollars and go with Bell direct for example, but the platform looks quite no frills as i mentioned, and my bank account is not linked. My mate trades with the Commonwealth platform for a few bucks less, and it dose not look as good as the direct shares platform.

Guess what I'm saying is price is important, considering the trading platform. I would not pay $30 a trade for Bell, and i would not pay $50 for direct shares, but at $32 direct shares is about right IMO.

And yes i saw the price ascendancy thing at the bottom, damn well needed my glasses for that one! LOL.

--------------------
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

BSA
post Posted: Oct 12 2009, 11:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: axeman's post @ Oct 12 2009, 10:46 PM

Yes we all have different priorities, for me it is for any platform to be robust, reliable, dynamic data, lightning fast and lots of information available quickly, the price is secondary but of course a consideration.
If you are starting off in trading/investing and not making many trades then a cheaper option may well suit, but over time if you stick at it then a more dynamic platform like Iress is like chaulk and cheese.

At the bottom of the list it says,
* Default sorting is based brokerage fee in ascending order.
Then if you click on the broker in Product Name column then a breakdown of fees etc are available.

--------------------

axeman
post Posted: Oct 12 2009, 10:46 PM
  Quote Post

Bell direct is the cheapest i know of, but the platform will be no frills that's for sure. $15 or $16 a trade i believe.

BSA, the info choice article has no prices, which to me is up there as the number one choice, or am i just blind?

--------------------
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

BSA
post Posted: Oct 8 2009, 09:22 PM
  Quote Post

You can do a broker comparison via http://www.infochoice.com.au/investment/in...ne-brokers.aspx and select your criteria.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xit  

SK4ME
post Posted: Oct 8 2009, 08:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cdfun's post @ Oct 8 2009, 07:53 PM

I think Comsec charge $19.95 per trade under $10,000 if you use a linked CDIA account for settlelment purposes and I think $29.95 over $10,000. So either your trades are over $10k or you need to open a CDIA account to save yourself a few bucks. Check it out and make sure I have the facts right.

arty
post Posted: Oct 8 2009, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cdfun's post @ Oct 8 2009, 07:53 PM

Westpac charge $24.95 per trade if you link your trading account to one of their CMA's.
If you want more than just trade execution - especially live data and T/A support, remember: You get what you pay for.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

cdfun
post Posted: Oct 8 2009, 07:53 PM
  Quote Post

I'm new to share trading. Have been using comsec for the last few times. It's charging me $30 per trade which i think it's kind of expensive for small investor like me.

I've heard of Macquarie Edge, Prime, E-trade.

Does anyone know which one is cheap and reliable? thx

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING