Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

209 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

Modern practice now calls for rocket stages to be de-orbited as soon as possible after their mission. In the case of large core segments, these would normally come straight back, within one orbit, falling into the ocean or on land (the US company SpaceX now propulsively lands its core stages so they can be used again).

For upper stages that go into an orbit and may travel around the globe several times as they precisely position a payload, the preference is to include a re-ignitable engine that can steer the stage into a return at the earliest opportunity.

Usually, this would be over an ocean ... potentially in the furthest place from land in the South Pacific, between Australia, New Zealand and South America.

Over an area of approximately 1,500 sq km (580 sq miles) this region is a popular graveyard of rocket elements and defunct satellites, where the remains of around 260 missions are thought to be scattered on the ocean floor.
thought to be?!?! ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57013540

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: May 4 2021, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/bill-gates-...litting-up.html

Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are splitting up after 27 years

==============

how this happened ?? the media always made me believe the marriage truly will be [till death do the apart]!!
kinda in disbelieve !!

early birds
post Posted: Apr 16 2021, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/16/fukushima-j...-prof-says.html

Over in China, the foreign ministry criticized Japan in a statement for “unilaterally” deciding to release the water, while ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian challenged Japanese officials to drink water from the Fukushima plant.

========================

sound little bit rough to ask officials to take a sip before it can tip these "unharmful" water to the sea. but is it affective way??? lmaosmiley.gif

USA support Japs to tip the water into the sea, because it is far away from USA. and USA needs Japs atm. if it close to them they might drops 10 nuke bomb [ 5 times more than they did to Japs at end of world war2]... devilsmiley.gif
WTF.
I think aussie should start nuke power, just tip the waist water into sea .....easy as...... lmaosmiley.gif
then the power bill would be a lot cheaper than now.....

draughtsman
post Posted: Apr 12 2021, 05:36 PM
  Quote Post

How many Fox News and Sport flunkies does it take to write a sentence -
Carrying the hopes of a nation on his shoulders, Matsuyama calmly grinded out clutch pars and struck for crucial birdies in a pressure-packed march at Augusta National, hanging on over the final holes for a historic one-stroke victory.

--------------------
draughtsman

You don't know what you don't know

early birds
post Posted: Apr 9 2021, 09:45 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/prince-phil...-at-age-99.html

LONDON — Prince Philip, the Greece-born royal who as the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was the longest-serving consort to a British sovereign, died Friday. He was 99.

===================

RIP.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 8 2021, 05:37 PM
  Quote Post

How many ABC flunkies does it take to write a headline?
Morrison government finally address sexual harassment report — but is it enough?

The Conversation

By Emma Golledge, Dianne Anagnos, Madeleine Causbrook and Sean Bowes

The government's response to Kate Jenkins' landmark report on sexual harassment in the workplace includes several positive measures. But does it go far enough?
4, (and I hope Sean B is there for gender 'balance')

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Apr 1 2021, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ca...ion/ar-BB1fbGXb

After returning to Singapore, Dr Wong stopped payment on a blank cheque he signed to cover his losses incurred during the stay.

In 2019, the Singapore court dismissed The Star's lawsuit against Wong, seeking to recover his gambling debts.

======================== unsure.gif

i want to be a Singaporean !! lmaosmiley.gif

early birds
post Posted: Mar 24 2021, 09:43 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/politics/police-investi...20210324-p57dsa

She said the Berejiklian government minister allegedly raped a sex worker in the Blue Mountains after picking her up for oral sex.

=======================

rape a sex worker?????????????????

what the hell is going on in today's world??????????????????

mass shooting .... rape..... what else?? all going nutty !!

early birds
post Posted: Mar 23 2021, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/fauci-...20210322-p57d3m

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he was “shocked and disgusted” by the latest media reports about Coalition staffers involved in lewd sex acts in Parliament House.

But Mr Morrison used his press conference to say it was not just the Coalition, but bad behaviour across all political parties.

“We must get this house in order and fix this,” he said.

We need more women MPs: PM
Tom McIlroy

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he would try and get more women into parliament. [ yeap,, some like Linda R. "lying cow" herself ]

=====================

tax payer paid them to have good fun in office, little guys like us can't have that job i guess!!!! cool.gif

lucky we have weather disaster on the headline, so these scum bag have a easy way out!! wink.gif

early birds
post Posted: Mar 18 2021, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/jobkeeper-l...0210317-p57bo8#

JobKeeper lessons should be learnt as ASX 300 profits boom

There is an argument some flaws were acceptable given the need to ensure the scheme got funds quickly into the hands of employers at the start of the COVID-19 crisis. But the fact JobKeeper wasn’t tweaked as the economy rapidly rebounded last year is inexplicable. Surely the ATO – which likes to bang on about its data-matching capability – could have monitored turnover of businesses and gently, cautiously wound back payments over the second half of the year.

==============

don't think this article hit core flaw the jobkeeper goes ---------it made a lot of people sit at home and get's more money----make people lazy

it designed to buy more votes !! and someone gonna [pay for it , but not the current Govt,] weirdsmiley.gif

209 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING