Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

MPL, MEDIBANK PRIVATE LIMITED
Barra
post Posted: Dec 9 2014, 12:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Dec 8 2014, 03:13 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has had their MPL shares allocated to a trust or put under a slightly different name and as such the shares are sitting with computershare.

I've been back and forth trying to get my shares transferred to my HIN but it seems quite convoluted - almost as if someone wanted these shares to be difficult to trade! Or it was just my dopey effort at filling in the application..I'm certain I didn't designate a trust account as I don't own one!

veeone
post Posted: Dec 8 2014, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

Wow that was a line wiper in auction.........140 million shares thru approx closed at $2.19...........V1

jeeves
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mb75's post @ Dec 4 2014, 10:05 AM

Just had mine refunded to my bank account. Now what to buy??????

mb75
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Dec 4 2014, 09:58 AM

bank accounts - 2 separate refunds

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

veeone
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mb75's post @ Dec 4 2014, 09:48 AM

Cheque or bank account?? Cheers V1

mb75
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

Got my refund this morning

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jeeves  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

veeone
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jeeves's post @ Dec 4 2014, 09:35 AM

Jeeves nothing in my account as of now. I heard the 4th as well so maybe overnight banking tonight hopefully.
Pretty shamefull of the government isn't it!!! They had some of our money for a month or more now and longer for some people probably!!! V1

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jeeves's post @ Dec 4 2014, 09:35 AM

It wuz me wot said it!
I expect money to be in account overnight tonight.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

jeeves
post Posted: Dec 4 2014, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

Noted somewhere in the posts that money was to be returned today. Anybody had their refund or know the actual date. Slack that it is taking this long and no interest being paid.

TIA

Jeeves

ipad
post Posted: Dec 2 2014, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

Aged care provider Japara Healthcare has said it neglected to pay employees about $5 million in overtime due to errors in the manual processing of pay.

The admission pushed shares in the newly listed company briefly below its offer price of $2.00, before settling down 9.8 per cent lower to $2.02.

The stock has slumped 15 per cent this week, raising questions about the frothy sector as the ­Quadrant Private Equity-backed Estia Health prepares for a $1 billion-plus float on Friday.

Chief executive Andrew Sudholz said the issue came about because Japara was undertaking a review, in preparation for bringing in a new workforce management system that will reduce manual processing.

CLSA Australia analyst Zara Lyons said Japara’s move to replace its old systems “implies that the manual system was inadequate for a listed company”.

However, Mr Sudholz refuted suggestions that the $589 million company was ill equipped. “We have good policies and procedures in place,” he told The Australian Financial Review. “Just because [the systems] are manual . . . doesn’t mean they’re bad systems.”

Mr Sudholz said Japara remained on track to meet its earnings guidance for 2014-15. However, Ms Lyons said the admission about its systems might raise questions about the preparedness of other operators and may make investors “jittery” about the whole sector. The aged care industry has provided a bevy of initial public offering ­candidates in 2014, as reforms to the way providers charge for care and accommodation, not to mention the ageing population, have proved attractive investment opportunities.

Analysts and investors were already left scratching their heads on Monday after Japara shares fell 6.2 per cent. Some pointed to an unexpected government decision on funding as a potential explanation for the slump.

The Department of Social Services ruled that from January an annuity product sold by Challenger would no longer be exempt from the means-test assessments of ­elderly Australian retirees entering ­residential aged care. The previously favourable treatment resulted in “residents paying up to $5000 less per annum in aged care fees”, Wilson HTM Investment Group analyst George Gabriel wrote in an email to clients.

Mr Gabriel said in the note that he did not expect the decision would be material for the sector. “Given the large operators only have [about] 3 per cent market share, we ­conclude that no single operator would be overexposed to this change,” he said, adding the ­government may continue existing ­residents’ arrangements and the ­decision may come under review.

Mr Sudholz said it would not be material for Japara, but could not explain Monday’s share price fall. “It will basically have nil impact on the industry,” he said. “I’m not aware of why the share price moved yesterday.”

Sorry should have posted on JHC

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING