Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

38 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

BUL, BLUE ENERGY LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Sep 27 2017, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 27 2017, 01:10 PM

that would leave a fair profit from where we're now smile.gif
better top up my holdings then wink.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 27 2017, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 15 2017, 04:22 PM

BUL SP continues to trend higher - now 13.25c. No doubt the media coverage eg - Eastern Australia faces a large and extended gas supply shortfall and gas prices have risen 300% in 5 years - is helping

New research note from Breakaway is available on BUL's webpage suggests.....

On current market and transaction benchmarks, we estimate BUL’s
asset base is worth 55 cps in the central case, but with a very wide
range between 19c and 153c.

https://blueenergy.com.au/media-item/222/br...research-report

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

mme
post Posted: Sep 17 2017, 07:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 15 2017, 05:44 PM

Or maybe you could add RLE to your stable. Not to cross promote but I'm still shocked at the difference between BUL and RLE'S market cap!! The issue with RLE is though the latest release reads promisingly, people want flow rates! Having said that, plenty more area to explore. biggrin.gif

nipper
post Posted: Sep 15 2017, 05:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 15 2017, 04:22 PM

all this makes me want to keep on to my BPT, sole rump energy play holding from earlier days (The past is another country).

The emphatic reality that 'something has got to give' looms over energy policy in Australia. Electricity shortfalls will become a reality; it may be a truism that there will never be another coal-powered base-load generator built in this country, but 25 million greedy peak-load switch flickers are going to demand their C21st rights - entitlement to electricity, 'green-hued' and carbon-neutral voting behaviours notwithstanding.

And variable unpredictable sourced wind/solar isn't going to deliver. Battery assist may help but involves a large $ spend for a relatively short utilisation period. Is that efficient/ cost effective?

Random thought; Q. how do billionaires become billionaires? A. Not by staging photo op's with mugs like Wetherill.
... Half way into a bottle of red; another thought bubble. How come that Kidston project is a viable energy alternative, while Snowy 2 isn't? (both seem to involve using hydro to generate electricity at peak times.)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 15 2017, 04:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crooky's post @ Sep 14 2017, 05:41 PM

Still showing strength - up 9.09% - now @ 12c - volume 3.4mil.

Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Sep 14 2017, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

maybe someone is taking notice: from 28 July Quarterly

The Nation's energy policy
remains in disarray. There is no apparent coherent national vision or strategy for the provision of reliable, affordable, secure, on-demand energy to our industries, our homes, our mining operations, our national trucking fleet or our defence forces.

On the premise that there is a need to reduce our emission of carbon dioxide, policy makers have encouraged the installation of large scale wind and solar generation capacity. This has occurred at the deliberate expense of the existing baseload capacity. Not surprisingly, and as a result of the Renewable Energy Target regulations, and the characteristics of the wind and solar output (ie maximum output between 9 am and 3pm), and their preferenced dispatch rules, baseload generators struggle to remain economic, and are not set up to deal with the distorted daily peak demand profiles being experienced. These new electricity demand profiles are, however, ideally suited for rapid response gas fired generation capacity and it is therefore envisaged that there will be more demand for gas as the percentage of renewable energy increase and are required to offer back up capacity to stabilize the grid inputs.

The recently released final report of the Independent Review into the Future Security of the National Electricity Market, (The Finkel Review) fails to address the distorted energy markets (it adds to it with the notion of a Clean Energy Target) or the lack of new exploration bringing more gas supply to the market. Rather, it looks to add another layer of bureaucracy to an already ineffective system.

The politics must be removed from the energy issue, and a small advisory group of eminently qualified, independent and competent people with energy industry experience should be assembled to develop a cohesive long term energy vision and strategy to ensure the energy security of this nation can be met. This energy vision should be predicated on a sensible energy mix that plays to this nation's strengths, whilst having an eye to the future.
strong words, and true.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: crooky  rick001  blacksheep  

crooky
post Posted: Sep 14 2017, 05:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 14 2017, 01:04 PM

Still holding , but like you thought it would have pullback today .
no recent announcements . Hope more into this then just a day traders thing.

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 14 2017, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 13 2017, 09:50 PM

Looks like the BUL run has come to a halt

Perhaps not! SP up 11.11% currently @ 11c/share - 4.9 mil volume
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 13 2017, 09:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 7 2017, 01:50 PM

Looks like the BUL run has come to a halt sad.gif
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: crooky  

mme
post Posted: Sep 8 2017, 05:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 7 2017, 01:50 PM

Yes that does look nice from my limited experience.

Funny stock this one and held years back back it was like watching paint dry! Fundamentally imo it's too high priced relative to RLE or RLE is dirt cheap! biggrin.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

38 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING