Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

501 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Feb 14 2020, 08:22 PM
  Quote Post

Tom Cooper leads the run scoring in the SS. Bummer today though ... grrr.gif

Cooper was bowled for 99 by a cracking inswinger from Joel Paris with the second new ball. But his third half-century of the season, combined with his mammoth 271 not out against Victoria, took him past 600 runs for the competition and to the top of the run-scorers' list.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 13 2020, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Feb 12 2020, 08:42 PM

A bit in today's paper re Renshaw

Queensland announced yesterday that Australian opener Matthew Renshaw will take an immediate break from cricket. .

The tall Queenslander who has remodelled himself into a big hitting short-form cricketer was left out of the Bulls side that takes on Tasmania when the Sheffield Shield resumes tomorrow.

Renshaw also missed a recent club game for what were reported to be personal reasons. The Bulls coaching staff are understood to have encouraged the 23-year-old to have a rest despite moves for him to play in this weekend’s Australia A match against an England Lions side.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 08:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 12 2020, 08:20 PM

G'day triage

I totally agree that Smith is/was the outstanding batsman ....... no one came close in the Ashes. My beef was with the extremists who want him out forever ....... and can't stand that they don't get their own way.

Warner couldn't handle the Pommy bowling, and has generally not been a great traveller, except maybe for South Africa.

Warner must have impressed his teammates, umpires etc for all the other matches ..... I can't imagine he got any votes for the Ashes tour.

Anyway, the system worked for him this year.

By the way, he's an opener, and that's always a difficult chore, in any game, so maybe he gets some extra votes by the people who understand ???

Cheers
J

ps Yes, I saw that Renshaw has been dropped from QLD. He must have a knack for pissing people off.

triage
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 08:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 12 2020, 06:20 PM

Ha, with a handle like "Mick" it's not surprising, but you're of the wrong generation to be a ranga (but too young to be a "blue"). [I had breakfast with a real orangutan once - did not live up to my expectations].

Here's the article about Warner getting a lift.

https://au.yahoo.com/sports/allan-border-me...-212314707.html

(it's yahoo so it is tabloid rubbish).

Also Matt Renshaw has been dropped from the Qld Shield side - that's a shame, I wish him well.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 06:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 12 2020, 04:42 PM

As a "short-@rsed ranga" ( at least i was till most of my hair fell out and what was left turned white), I take great umbrage at that remark!
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

triage
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 04:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Feb 12 2020, 11:32 AM

I'm not too fussed by Warner getting caught cheating: he done the crime and done the time. But mate I remember Warner being totally out of his league against the poms. It's a bit like a triathlete who can't swim, who cares that he can cycle and run. I also remember a run of performances by lone-hand Smith the likes of which has not been seen since the don got a duck, and Pat Cummins has been THE outstanding bowler / allrounder in world cricket.
Anyway Warner is still a short-@rsed ranga no matter how much The Australian doctors his photos (so there tongue.gif )

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: birnam's post @ Feb 12 2020, 09:28 AM

How is the Allan Border Medal decided?
The Allan Border Medal is awarded to the player who has received the most votes from teammates, umpires (home matches), match referees (overseas matches) and members of the media in the voting period.
At the end of each Test, one-day international or Twenty20 international, individual players' votes are tallied in a 3-2-1 system, while the votes of the umpires/match referees and media are combined into a collective group 3-2-1 vote.
The vote system is weighted, with Test votes given a value of six, one-dayers three and T20Is two.

So now everyone wants Ashes tests to be “super valued, tests against Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc to be undervalued, anyone who breaks the rules should be not eligible ...... for life .......

It all comes down to never forgiving the sinner. Sorry, I just don’t agree. Punish the wrongdoer ( in this case it was comparatively excessive), then get on with the business. We will all remember Warner for his folly, but I don’t go along with life bans and “never” to be eligible for honours etc

Cheers
J

birnam
post Posted: Feb 12 2020, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 11 2020, 10:41 PM

Cummins should demand a recount. Batsmen friendly pitches and grounds, rules and now voting it seems.

triage
post Posted: Feb 11 2020, 10:41 PM
  Quote Post

Warner, Smith, Cummins, Lambshanks ....
MMarsh, Stoinis ....
You have got to be kidding ....

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 14 2020, 07:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 14 2020, 10:55 AM

Would make live commentary difficult for the smirkers.

Just back from the Brisbane Heat hit and giggle match ...... nice to be there with son and grandson.
AB was a pleasure to watch ...... pure class, and in total control. Good for Renshaw (who also batted very well) to be with him for a long spell.

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

501 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING