Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

ALK, ALKANE RESOURCES LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 17 2020, 02:26 PM
  Quote Post

ALK running hot. Must be something up.
Maybe all those who took part in the share placement want to make a stag profit.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 28 2019, 04:33 PM

Missed by that much.
Might have to sell 1/8th of the holdings and take part in rights issue.
Not sure why it is suddenly back in favour, maybe we have our own version of the Plunge Protection team??
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 04:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 28 2019, 03:21 PM

Yeah, luckily NTU is performing a little better.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 28 2019, 02:43 PM

ALK looking more like a gold n Cu play, than rare earths, these days.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 28 2019, 11:49 AM

As with TLG, It may end up being just as easy to buy on market at rightsissue price.
Have put an order in at that price just in case.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 11:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 21 2019, 08:04 PM

insto placement and rights issue 1 for 8 at $0.55 to raise $54mill.

Tomingley - a new decline, + utilisation of mill to boost gold production and increase cashflow
Boda - step-out drilling

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Sep 21 2019, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macdtrader's post @ Sep 9 2019, 02:27 PM

Grade is king
But dollars in the bank are what count (and impress the punters)

Cadia is the 3 billion tonne resource grading 0.36g/t gold and 0.26% copper being mined by Newcrest near Orange, with its gold production costs (after copper credits) coming in at a magical $US171/oz for the 912,000oz produced in FY2019.

And Alkane ... 0.48g/t gold and 0.2% copper over "hundreds of metres".

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 10 2019, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

Well, I am out of ALK.
Having doubled since I bought in, even if it was more good luck than good management, it is too good a profit to pass up.
I was more interested in the Rare earths side of the business than its gold production, but what the heck.
It may go higher, but there is no point in being greedy.
Mick

--------------------

macdtrader
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 02:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2019, 01:17 PM

Potential big tonnage but tiny grades.
Grade is king.

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2019, 09:44 AM

Alkane would be one of the few smaller resources plays with the sort of pockets to quickly step up its exploration efforts.

The company owns the small but profitable Tomingley gold mine, also in NSW, which generated Alkane’s $23m in net profit after tax last year. That cash flow out of Tomingley helped Alkane’s cash balance reach $80.3m at the end of June.

Alkane has a current market capitalisation of just under $200m.

& up some 20%

--------------------

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING