Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

MAQ, MACQUARIE TELECOM GROUP LIMITED
malmanu
post Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Lizard on Sunday 23/11/08 06:44am

share price still not reflective of their earnings, still the cheapest telco on the asx imo.

aapt which holds 10% of maq may be in play. maq might be desert if this happens.

Lizard
post Posted: Nov 23 2008, 06:44 AM
  Quote Post

Come back Malmanu, this thread is too quiet!

Did you see this in MAQ newsroom?

10% reduction in power use as number of managed servers grow 30%

I'm not sure if this directly equates to data & hosting revenues, but 30% increase in 6 months seems impressive. Particularly since it looks like this segment has a heavy fixed cost component, so about 35-40% of increase in revenues looks as though it could fall directly to NPBT. That's a substantial amount.

I'm looking forward to the agm presentation on Friday and hoping their guidance gets a little more specific.

Lizard
post Posted: Nov 13 2008, 07:05 PM
  Quote Post

Nice positive announcement from MAQ today, so the sellers turned out in droves at the sight of the odd buy order. Guess they have to wait a while these days for the opportunity to get out at all...

MAQ announced $9-$10m EBITDA forecast for first half 09 and said they would report a profit. Based on figures at FY08 (which won't necessarily be the case!) could give first half NPAT of $1.4m (tax-normal).

It's not the kind of market to get wildly excited in, so I probably should avoid projections like most sensible company CEO's are doing. But in normal times, I'd then extrapolate the growth trend and calculate $2.8m NPAT in second half, giving a $4.2m profit for the year.

Meanwhile, based on similar investment flows, I'd estimate potentially going to be another $5m-$10m cash in the coffers by year end.

In a good year, I'd be thinking that at last sale of 70.5cps, the cash in bank could be twice current market cap by year end and the forward P/E could be 3.5.

Only it's not a normal year and these comments are probably way too bullish!

malmanu
post Posted: Sep 11 2008, 06:16 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Lizard on Wednesday 27/08/08 09:42am

bargain prices and your right about its net cash value of around a $1 . have been accumulating , definite rerating coming for this stock , telco sector growing earnings. they have great positive operating cashflow and financing available to buy some firesale assets elsewhere. Actually i think the telco sector will outperform in the next 12months. macquarie hosting and data business is gaining momentum. could easily go up towards 1.30 in the short term.

cheers

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 27 2008, 09:42 AM
  Quote Post

Might be time to accumulate now, Mal.

Didn't book a profit, but second half looks to have been a small one and cash burn has stopped. Net cash close to $1 and there's still a few for sale at less than that.

malmanu
post Posted: Mar 1 2008, 12:44 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Lizard on Tuesday 26/02/08 10:15am

maq market cap is still too low, compared to the other similar listed telcos the stock is way undervalued.
people telecom (asx:peo) is buying back its shares because it thinks its market price is cheap .people telecom market cap is around $15m for a company that has negative ebitda and is cashflow negative and only 4m cash in the bank .
maq market cap is around $22m and forcast 08 ebitda will be around $14m, cash flow positive and still has $18m in the bank, debt reduced to $5m. maq stock price should be around the $3 dollar mark.
anyhow i am currently buying maq , other telcos i am currently buying are amm and sot. consolidation will rerate all the junior telcos.

Featured Stock Stories

Lizard
post Posted: Feb 26 2008, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

An improvement, but EBITDA guidance for the year suggests they are still unlikely to book a profit and will carry on running down NTA. So watch-only for at least another 6 months I reckon.

Lizard
post Posted: Sep 27 2007, 05:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: malmanu on Thursday 27/09/07 02:28am

Typically for MAQ, that doesn't seem to qualify as "material" or require ASX disclosure...

Don't worry Malmanu, they should have plenty of ammo this year for the November AGM presentation and probably a half-decent trade in it if you are patient on the bid and quick on the offer.

malmanu
post Posted: Sep 27 2007, 12:28 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Lizard on Friday 21/09/07 05:11am

macquarie telecom inks a great deal with aapt , will improve and grow their margin, share price due for rerating.

PowerTel/AAPT inks $100 million alliance with Macquarie Telecom
Plans to jointly develop IP-based products and services bundles

Sandra Rossi 26/09/2007 12:45:15

PowerTel/AAPT and Macquarie Telecom today announced a new, three-year, $100 million per year strategic alliance. Under the agreement, AAPT will provide a range of fixed line, voice and data services, to Macquarie Telecom, complementing and extending the reach of Macquarie's existing business-grade carrier infrastructure.

Macquarie's carrier and strategy group executive, Maha IKrishnapillai, said enterprise and government customers demand competitively priced solutions with higher levels of service and control.

Krishnapillai said the alliance provides opportunities for the companies to jointly develop IP-based product and service bundles.

"As our strategic partner, PowerTel/AAPT offers the features and rapid product development that isn't available on legacy networks," he said.

"This fits well with Macquarie Telecom's own investments in IP-based infrastructure such as our Metropolitan Access Network that provides high-speed services around major Australian capital cities.

"The alliance plays to our individual strengths - Macquarie Telecom's class-leading provision of competitive, quality services to business customers and PowerTel/AAPT's expanding infrastructure base." AAPT CEO Paul Broad said the agreement is a "ringing endorsement of our relationship with Macquarie Telecom" and underlines the faith of customers in the company's future. "It also underscores the benefits of the merger of PowerTel and AAPT in May this year," Broad said.

The three-year agreement extends the relationship between the two companies as Macquarie Telecom transforms from a $35 million PowerTel customer to a $100m customer of AAPT. Australia's third largest telecommunications company, AAPT was established in 1991.

Macquarie Telecom provides services to 3000 business and government customers in Australia and Asia, supporting more than one million business users daily and was founded in 1992

Lizard
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 05:11 AM
  Quote Post

While I tend to agree with your valuation, a takeover would depend on the Tudehopes being willing to sell. And they have always seemed happy to take a very long term view on the value of their shares, while David Tudehope enjoys his profile in the industry as Chief Executive.

Telecoms acquisition of a 10% holding was incidental to acquiring PWT. They might just as likely decide to sell their stake if they are able to find a taker.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING