Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RFX, REDFLOW LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 30 2021, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

Key highlights
... Q3 FY2021 cash receipts of $727k (Q3 FY2020: $378k)
... Largest number of confirmed orders for delivery; 297 batteries as at 31 March 2021, excluding Optus
... Partnered with Optus to use Redflow batteries in at least 56 black spot sites as part of the Australian Governments Mobile Network Hardening Program, with deployment expected in the coming months
... Established presence in California following signing of largest single sale of Redflow batteries to Anaergia for its Rialto Bioenergy Facility energy storage system - 2MWh system provided for US$1.2 million with installation and commissioning expected in September 2021
... Ongoing progress with the critical Gen3 battery program  Cash balance of $7.3 million as at 31 March 2021 underpins growth initiatives

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 9 2021, 07:19 PM
  Quote Post

As part of their largest commercial deal to date, signing a $1.5 million deal to provide 192 zinc bromine flow batteries to California based technology company Anaergia, Redflow will provide the batteries to support two megawatt hours of energy storage at Anaergia's microgrid at its Rialto Bioenergy Facility in San Bernardino County.The microgrid project was partly funded by a grant from the California Energy Commission. It consists of a 2 megawatt biogas-fuelled cogeneration unit and a microgrid control system.

Anaergia chief operating officer Yaniz Scherson said Redflow's batteries suited the Rialto project, which once completed will be North America's largest landfill-diverted waste digester facility. The waste facility will convert about 700 tonnes per day of organic waste and 300 tonnes per day of biosolids from the Los Angeles region into renewable natural gas and Class A fertiliser.
Anaergia selected the Redflow zinc bromine flow batteries because they are uniquely suited to meet the demands of the Rialto site, he said.

The Redflow 10 kilowatt hour batteries will allow the waste facility to store and supply up to 2 megawatt hours of energy daily from 4pm to 9pm, during the peak tariff period. Under the contract, Redflow will receive more than US$1.2 million ($1.5 million) (excluding taxes) for the system.

Redflow managing director Tim Harris said the contract with Anaergia would allow the company to establish a presence in California and the wider US energy market.
It is a bit of a watershed for us and the flow battery. The US market is potentially enormous. ...California is really taking the leadership with renewable energy and the Biden administration has also been a real shot in the arm for the sector. We are very excited about the potential for Redflow in California and the broader US market.

California has committed to decarbonising its electricity grid by 2045, which will require between 45 gigawatts and 55 gigawatts of battery storage. This is more than 150 times California's current operating energy storage built since 2010.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 9 2021, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 9 2021, 01:27 PM

Market though it was ok, up 78%.
Have had some low ball bids in there that look like they are not going to get taken out.
I may have missed this boat.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 9 2021, 01:27 PM
  Quote Post

Redflow signs its largest global battery sale to supply energy storage in California

Highlights:
  • Largest single sale and deployment of Redflow batteries globally
  • 2MWh energy storage system comprising 192 Zinc-bromine flow batteries to be provided to Anaergia for Rialto Bioenergy Facility in California
  • More than US$1.2 million (excluding taxes) to be received by Redflow for the system
  • Establishes Redflow's presence in California, where substantial opportunities exist to offer energy storage solutions to the Californian and US energy market

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 11 2021, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 10 2021, 02:39 PM

Redflow Limited (ASX: RFX) is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Optus to deploy Redflow batteries as part of the Australian Governments Mobile Network Hardening Program. The Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities and the Arts, the Hon Paul Fletcher, visited Redflows Brisbane headquarters to launch the initiative, which is funded in part by the Governments bushfire relief package.

Minister Fletcher, said: I welcome the fact that Redflows innovative Australian technology is being used by Optus in their mobile base station battery upgrades, funded under the Morrison Governments Strengthening Telecommunications Against Natural Disasters (STAND) program.

Earlier this week, Optus installed its first Redflow battery system under the Government program at a black spot site in Lexton, Victoria. It is planning to deploy Redflow batteries in at least 56 black spot sites as part of the program. Optus has also used Redflow batteries in the environmentally sensitive Daintree Forest in Queensland since 2019

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 10 2021, 02:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 28 2021, 08:09 PM

holding on to those gains.. It is a pity Lithium ion batteries are getting cheaper by the week

Quarterly ....Key highlights

.... Q2 FY2021 cash receipts of $314k (Q2 FY2020: $1.05 million)
.... Second Shortfall Placement raised $1.6 million in October, taking total funds from Entitlement Offer and Shortfall Placements to $6.9 million
.... Receipt of $1.65m R&D Tax rebate in December 2020
.... Cash balance of $8.7 million as at 31 December 2020 underpins growth initiatives
.... Redflow's largest 60 battery energy storage system ordered by WA partner TIEC Electrical for off-grid agricultural site
.... Significantly progressed research & development initiatives:
o Initial Gen3 battery customer trial commenced December 2020
o Technical developments progressed to optimise pH levels and electrolyte composition
.... Increasing recognition of the role of flow batteries in the future energy ecosystem

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 28 2021, 08:09 PM
  Quote Post

Redflex has doubled in the past week. 2.5c to 5c.
No real news; enough to get an ASX Query.
1. No
2. Not Applicable
3. Unaware
4. In Compliance

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 31 2020, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

RFX received acceptances which totals $4.899 million for its recent Entitlement Offer (priced at 2.5c). The level of acceptances was lower than the $6.25 million that Redflow had aimed to raise and we will look to place some or all of the Shortfall over the next 90 days.

Having considered our growth plans, the Redflow Directors have determined that the applications received from shareholders under the Entitlement Offer, combined with $3.4 million cash at bank (as at 30 June 2020) and an expected R&D tax rebate for FY2020 will provide sufficient funding to meaningfully pursue Redflow strategy, with a primary focus on the accelerated development of the new Gen3 battery.

With the available resources and recognising the challenges caused by the COVID19 pandemic, Redflow will:
... Narrow its future sales focus and business development activity to support key markets (notably in Africa and our customers in Australia and New Zealand) and key applications where our energy storage batteries have achieved significant traction to date;
... Continue with development of Redflow battery enhanced features such as external housing, and Standby Power Supply mode;
... Focus development and testing for Gen3 using our Thailand and Brisbane facilities;
... Incur expenditure on retooling for volume production of Gen3 batteries based mainly on the achievement of further sales traction; and
... Continue to maintain the cost containment measures currently in place and pursue all other cost savings measures where it is prudent to do so.

In addition, as noted in its Entitlement Offer Booklet, Redflow will continue to explore strategic investment discussions and other non-equity financing options such as export financing.

a struggle to keep relevant. With other battery suppliers seeing costs fall, it is almost an exercise of running at full pace just to avoid falling behind. Cash constraints do not help, nor travel restrictions.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 21 2019, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

From today's AGM:
.. as a business we must recognise that whilst the overall market for energy storage has increased significantly and continues to grow, the intensity of competition – particularly from Lithium – has intensified. Bloomberg New Energy Finance notes that the volume weighted price of the average Lithium Ion battery pack fell by 85% from 2010-18.

Like it or not, the reality of our market is now that many areas of the energy storage market now use Lithium – and Lithium prices – as their core reference point.

... and therein lies the problem

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 11 2019, 04:08 PM
  Quote Post

Maybe turning the corner?
New Zealand Rural Connectivity Group (RCG) has chosen Redflow zinc-bromine flow batteries to store energy in off-grid telecommunication sites in remote rural locations. Commercial negotiations to establish a direct relationship between RCG and Redflow to purchase batteries are now underway.

The RCG was established by the New Zealand Government in 2017 as an independent entity to build, operate and maintain a new open access network. The RCG will build over 400 new cell sites in rural locations to extend mobile and wireless broadband coverage to more than 34,000 rural homes and businesses, provide mobile coverage to a further 1000 kilometres of state highways and provide connectivity to more than 100 top New Zealand tourist destinations by December 2022. The new cell
sites will be a combination of both off-grid and on-grid locations

...up 15%

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING