Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

DUB, Dubber Corp Ltd
nipper
post Posted: May 1 2021, 08:26 PM
  Quote Post

Dubber produces cloud based call recording software designed for service providers and businesses. Its technology can capture calls and conversations automatically, storing them in the Dubber Voice Intelligence Cloud with enriched artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to allow for instant replays, insightful transcription, sentiment analysis, alerts and notifications.

key metrics have experienced substantial growth: Annualised recurring revenue increased 20% quarter on quarter to $34 million, or 158% on the prior corresponding period. Similarly, revenue increased 54% to $6.6 million from a quarterly perspective and 152% compared to a year ago.

Dubber's strong growth was driven by a record rate of new users joining, with a 155% yoy increase to more than 380,000 subscribers. The company expects user growth to continue to increase significantly in the current quarter with the introduction of its Foundation Partner Program.

Several of the DUB's existing service provider partners will deploy the Dubber platform as a standard feature across their network base. This will provide Dubber with a large-scale customer reach into end-user accounts for jointly up-selling additional services.

During the quarter, the Dubber platform went live with three AT&T networks that target large enterprise, government, education, and business clients. The company is seeing a positive uptake in its software-as-a-service (SaaS) monthly subscription users and services.

Dubber's unified call recording (UCR) feature has continued to make headway with previous partnership/integration with Microsoft Teams and Cisco's Webex, and availability on Zoom. This allows for secure compliance and voice intelligence call recording for the respective meeting rooms.

Dubber believes it will be a significant beneficiary of telecommunication services increasingly moving to a cloud environment.

CEO Steve McGovern commented on the company's results, saying:
We are delighted to have delivered such a strong quarter, achieving outstanding growth in all of our key metrics. The company is very well positioned to continue to take advantage of the major shift towards cloud based and 'work from anywhere' communications we are seeing in all our geographies.
Governments and businesses understand the need to act on the requirement to capture conversations and voice data across their entire business.
Ever expanding requirements to record and store conversations for proactive compliance and dispute resolution, and, revenue, customer and personnel intelligence all continue to drive the need for voice data and intelligence at scale. We remain very positive as to Dubber's growth and leadership.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 15 2021, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

have not been following DUB .... but it seems to be emerging as a niche telco player

Steve McGovern, the cofounder and chief executive of global voice recording software provider Dubber Corporation, is the latest in a long line of entrepreneurs to emerge from the Australian telecommunications sector.

Dubber is not only the fastest-growing telco-related, cloud-based software company in Australia, it is also carving out a strong position in the United States and Europe.

At least one analyst, Jonathon Higgins at Shaw and Partners, has likened Dubber's potential growth trajectory to the growth rates seen in the buy now, pay later space. Higgins says Dubber's revenue will triple over the next two years, having already tripled in the past two years.

Dubber on Wednesday extended the footprint of services by making available to its telco clients voice recording of Zoom video and Zoom phone services. It already offers cloud-based recording of Microsoft Teams calls, and it is the only call-recording platform in Cisco Webex.

McGovern and his Dubber co-founders James Slaney and Adrian Di Pietrantonio differ from other prominent telco entrepreneurs because they owe their business opportunity to increased regulation.

Their business began when Optus entered into an undertaking with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to record all its in-bound call centre traffic. This regulator catalyst for creating a start-up is in sharp contrast to the enduring theme of telco entrepreneurs over the past quarter of a century who created businesses on the back of deregulation.

One of the reasons [telco] entrepreneurs were so successful was because of the natural tendency for Australian small businesses and consumers to give new entrants a go. They were motivated by the lack of choice from the incumbents.

Another critical piece of the puzzle was that public markets embraced challenger telcos. Investors were willing to make capital readily available because the returns were so high.

Dubber is a good example of this. It has raised $51 million in capital since listing on the ASX in 2015, and its shares have trebled in the past year. The funds were used to finance growth, including expansion in the US and Britain.

McGovern says the ASX listing did more than just open the door for capital. It gave the company credibility when it went to the US to pitch its services to two of the world's largest telcos, AT&T and Verizon. Both are now using Dubber's services.

I think having the ASX as our stock exchange has been important because of the flexibility and accessibility to capital, he says. You know, we go to Verizon, we go to AT&T, and it saves us months of procurement around the veracity of our company. And, obviously, hopefully, as we need to grow the company, we know we've got access to investors. But it has got credibility as well. The ASX gives the capacity to grow a global business, and I don't think we'd be able to do this without having the ASX profile.

The Dubber business model is pretty straightforward. It sells a native cloud solution that is offered as a software-as-a-service. The product appeals to companies wanting to monitor conversations in call centres or for broader recording of staff conversations.

Voice recording, which has been common in bank dealing rooms for decades, has become an important component of regulatory supervision across most aspects of banking. Compliance obligations are forcing institutions to not only record conversations with customers, but also search the recorded data for potential breaches of the law.

When telcos sign up for the Dubber service, they offer it to their customers, who are charged about $7.50 to $8 a month for each user. The company said a year ago it would double in size within three years, and it is ahead of schedule.
McGovern says Dubber has 350,000 users, and Higgins at Shaw and Partners says annual recurring revenue is about $30 million.

Higgins says Dubber has a total addressable market of about 100 million potential users, and he forecasts the company will have about 870,000 users by 2024.

The company has won the support of two savvy fund managers. Thorney Investment Group became a substantial shareholder during a $6.3 million capital raising in 2016 and now owns about 6 per cent. Regal Funds Management owns about 5 per cent.

In keeping with many successful start-ups, Dubber was a little ahead of its time. Its first software was built to be native to the Amazon Web Services cloud when AWS services were not available in Australia.

At that time in 2011, voice recording services were dominated by vendors who sold a package that included installation of software on a separate server. In essence, it involved selling boxes.

The move to the cloud has been a boon for Dubber and companies offering similar services because the voice recording product is secure, scalable and offers a significant saving compared to the old way of doing it.

McGovern says the combination of a strong engineering culture, strong product development and good marketing have made the Australian telco sector a fertile ground for entrepreneurs.

He says Telstra, which happens to be a client, has been a positive influence on the telco ecosystem because of its engineering excellence and ability to move with technology trends faster than its larger overseas peers.

McGovern says Telstra's strong balance sheet meant it could invest in new products and support innovation through investment in start-ups, which is done through Telstra Ventures....

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 18 2017, 09:00 AM
  Quote Post

small-cap investor Alex Waislitz has launched an extraordinary attack on emerging technology company Dubber as it prepares to ask investors for more capital to back development of its cloud call-recording software.

Dubber shares went into a trading halt on Thursday ahead of capital raising expected to be worth at least $5 million, priced around 35c a share compared to its last closing price of 41c. The shares have risen from 18c since the end of June. But critics claim the raising comes after Dubber said previously it did not need to raise extra capital.

Mr Waislitz's private Thorney group and listed Thorney Technologies hold 7 per cent of the company, but this stake will fall to 6 per cent after the capital raising in which Thorney will not participate.

"Despite having a voice call-recording product and a market opportunity with great potential, we believe the company is yet to demonstrate an ability to execute its strategy, improve its governance and maintain an effective communications approach to shareholders,'' Mr Waislitz said in his latest chairman's note to shareholders of Thorney Technologies. "While Dubber has engaged with a number of global telecommunications companies, the company has not yet managed to achieve its stated revenue targets. At the same time, we are concerned that it appears to be burning cash at an alarming rate.''

He said Dubber had been one of the few disappointing investments for Thorney Technologies, which listed on the ASX earlier this year.

"We have made consistent efforts to engage with Dubber and have strongly recommended significant changes to their board to better position the company. To date progress has been less than satisfactory,'' Mr Waislitz's note said.

"For example, one newly appointed director resigned after only a few months and the other has a close relationship with the existing CEO. ''In our view there is a clear and urgent need for further changes in Dubber's leadership if the company is to achieve its potential.''.

A spokesman for Dubber said the company did not wish to provide any comment directly on the Thorney statement, but it is understood the firm is disappointed in Mr Waislitz's comments.

"The Dubber management team is very comfortable and confident with its commercial execution plan, in the last quarter having announced major new engagements with one of the world's largest telecommunications carrier AT&T, a significant agreement with global unified communications leader BroadSoft and CDK Global, one of the world's largest providers of IT and digital marketing services to the automotive industry,'' the spokesman said.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Nov 20 2015, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 20 2015, 09:41 AM

Hi frodo;
sorry, had to go out this morning. DUB did come back to test the breakout level.
So I hope your bid got filled in the meantime.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

frodo
post Posted: Nov 20 2015, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 19 2015, 01:30 PM

Im trying to buy back into DUB but it wont go down to my buy 65 I missed out earlier now watching see what happens. Arty any charts suggesting a pullback or not really?

arty
post Posted: Nov 19 2015, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 18 2015, 08:05 PM

RYG should return tomorrow or Monday; hard to tell how Ms M will react.
It's of no great concern to me because I got off with a profit when I could.

DUB is a different matter. I also took part profit at resistance and was poised to dump the rest when I read about the present they made to their "sophisticated" mates at 45cps! grrr.gif

However, the chart told a different story, and I loaded up this morning on the break before taking half profit on the first swing.

Attached Image

Holding one lt position in expectation of more upside.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

frodo
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 08:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 18 2015, 08:02 PM

Ignore the insanity of that last post . Was thinking of RYG at the time.

frodo
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 18 2015, 11:30 AM

So do you feel it will come out of the TH before Friday Arty?

arty
post Posted: Nov 18 2015, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

DYOR from here: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/annou...D&period=M6

DUB came to my attention when it broke out of the low Darvas Box:

Attached Image

Initially, I took only a few swing trades; some of these "disruptive technologies" can be pretty hyped-up and trading dominated by day traders. Meanwhile though, I get the feeling this has more legs. So I'm holding and accumulating. (Doesn't preclude some swingers on the side though wink.gif )

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING