Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Dumb Forex Question, flex your knowledge, Dumb Forex Question, flex your knowledge
early birds
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrsiddle's post @ Aug 4 2021, 11:48 AM

just my thoughts, not some rulls or anything .

AUD/USD------ the profit will rest on USD [secondary currency], so when you convert the P/L to AUD then your broker will charge you the spreads for USD/AUD . but it just for your P/L parts
that is my understanding. not sure if it can help! tongue.gif

mrsiddle
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 11:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrsiddle's post @ Aug 4 2021, 10:53 AM

I've got a question regarding calculating P/L for a given forex pair. When calculating floating P/L, you are given an amount in terms of the quote currency for a given pair. When converting this back into the base currency of the same pair, do you use the bid or ask price, and why?

Algo related because I'm building a back tester and this is confusing me.

mrsiddle
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

I've got a question regarding calculating P/L for a given forex pair. When calculating floating P/L, you are given an amount in terms of the quote currency for a given pair. When converting this back into the base currency of the same pair, do you use the bid or ask price, and why?

Algo related because I'm building a back tester and this is confusing me.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING