Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

DAILY GLOBAL NEWSPAPER ROUND UP, BRR Event
early birds
post Posted: Aug 4 2021, 03:00 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/chinas...lems/ar-AAMTd5i

“Parents hope their children ... have a happy childhood, [but] they are afraid they will lose at the starting line in a competition over scores,” said China’s leader, Xi Jinping, in March.

My son started to learn English at age five. I feared he would be left behind if we don’t do so,” she said. weirdsmiley.gif poor little kids!!

==================

it's been like that way over 10 years-----it just gets worse every year!! thumbdown.gif
commies should do the crack down , long times ago!! imho

nipper
post Posted: Jul 30 2021, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 30 2021, 09:52 AM

the spin on this story is very interesting. The natural inclination of one party states is to jump first and find out the realities later.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Jul 30 2021, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2021/07/29/rar...-jumpy-markets/

China has blinked and rushed to reassure investors – local and foreign – that it is not looking to damage market confidence.

The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg both reported that in a Wednesday evening meeting, China’s top securities regulator told global financial institutions that Beijing will consider the impact on markets when it introduces new policies in the future.

=======================

when comes to the $$$$$$, everyone gonna blink !! lmaosmiley.gif no matter how tough you are!!

that makes traders and investors feel little easier !! tongue.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2021, 07:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 28 2021, 04:40 PM

Why is China smashing its tech industry? https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/why-is-ch...s-tech-industry
Those who pay attention to business news have probably noted an interesting and curious phenomenon over the past few months: China is smashing its internet companies.......

It has become apparent in the last few months that the Chinese leadership has moved towards the view that hard tech is more valuable than products that take us more deeply into the digital world. Xi declared this year that while digitization is important, we must recognize the fundamental importance of the real economy… and never deindustrialize. .......

.... China's leaders look at what kind of technologies they want the country's engineers and entrepreneurs to be spending their effort on, they probably do not want them spending that effort on stuff that is just for fun and convenience. They probably took a look at their consumer internet sector and decided that the link between that sector and geopolitical power had simply become too tenuous to keep throwing capital and high skilled labor at it. And so, in classic CCP fashion, it was time to smash.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2021, 04:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 28 2021, 09:34 AM

Anne Stevenson Yang, the co founder J Capital Research, predicts that Beijing will ultimately move to take tough action against capital outflows by curtailing the use that Chinese internet giants make of Variable Interest Entities (VIEs).

The most valuable portions of China's internet , such as search algorithms, new reporting and video rights, are by law owned by Chinese nationals, she writes. Public market investors participate in the companies profit by proxy: they own offshore holding companies , VIEs , that have contractual rights to profit streams from the onshore businesses.
But, she adds, the contracts are legally iffy.

At present, she says, China's door is closing to inbound traffic ... internet content and other forms of media, other channels of cultural influence, many kinds of inbound travellers, and many imports.

In contrast, she argues, for capital, the inbound door remains wide open, but the way out is increasingly shut. Policies around IPO approvals, VIEs, internet control, anti monopoly regulation, and investment policy have everything to do with capturing and holding on to hard currency.

...---...
............ writing in Swiss financial media platform The Market

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jul 28 2021, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 28 2021, 09:19 AM

and I saw there was a clamp down on for profit after school learning companies in PRC ... some down 50%

==================
you don't know how "after school leaning" biz are so badly affecting chinese kids , nipper.
it's horrible !!! the kids there can't get prop leaning at normal school time anymore, the teachers in the school asking and recommend parents to a certain after school leaning, so these teachers can get kickbacks......parents get no rest ---sent kids to get prop leaning after school time..... man!! no wander they got crackdown, went too far
that's how things goes in china these days------like to go extreme for everything!! not much of balance there!! imho ohmy.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2021, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 28 2021, 09:10 AM

and I saw there was a clamp down on for profit after school learning companies in PRC ... some down 50%

dangerous times. Looks like totalitarianism with Chinese characteristics

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jul 28 2021, 09:10 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2021/07/27/big...o-little-china/

Big Trouble in Not-So-Little China

Shares in Alibaba lost more than 7%, Ten Cent shares lost close to 9% and shares in Meituan slumped close to 17%.

The fall in Alibaba and Meituan shares fell with investors expecting the companies’ food delivery arms to be affected by new regulations guaranteeing workers above-minimum pay.

At the same time the government has railed against speculation and illegal trading of government permits, such as those oil quotas, targeted commodity prices for copper, aluminium, lead and zinc in a blitz of public criticism and worse – including arrests and detention of leading business figures.

With that background, stockmarkets in China and Hong Kong have been sagging as local and foreign investors fear further arbitrary attacks and actions from the Communist Party directed mainland government.

It’s no wonder that investors are getting concerned and selling.

=============================

loved headline-----------not so little china!! lmaosmiley.gif
china grown from little teenage boy to a big strong adolescence now, but don't know how to behave himself for others...... IMHO though!! ohmy.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jul 25 2021, 05:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 25 2021, 05:37 PM

I read that article. Media is toxic.

And sometimes a scientist get confused, and slip into being svengali mode. Whence it is no longer science.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jul 25 2021, 05:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 25 2021, 10:55 AM

https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-educa...20210721-p58brg

“I think Catherine [Bennett] is underestimating things. Experts do have differing opinions.”

While some of the experts seek attention, others don’t embrace it. MacIntyre says she began avoiding interviews a year ago when they started overwhelming her work, which she regards as the search for truth in a confusing world.

“I did not expect to become so well-known in the general community,” she says. “I do not speak about anything I have no knowledge of.

“Science is science, and provides some objective reference point against which commentary should be measured.”

===========================

here you go nipper!! look at "10 most quoted experts view on a vaccination target" table

everyone have their own idea, keep going....... lmaosmiley.gif

mark my words-----" CAN OF WORMS" lmaosmiley.gif

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING