Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PEB, PACIFIC EDGE BIOTECHNOLOGY LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Nov 21 2019, 07:26 AM
  Quote Post

A cap. raise. That's a surprise. Not. But look who's doing the organizing. ForBar and the old NZFC. Weren't they the same two who foisted the Sails mess onto their clients and market at large? I think they were behind Feltex too. Now after a bit of time is it old tricks with a new dog? Lets not overlook the CEO's prior history with Arborgen either. How did that work out?

I'll take my reading of the Caldera tea leaves over any cap. raise document all day long thank you very much.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Nov 5 2019, 05:40 AM
  Quote Post

If Caldera can't make it in a similar space albeit different disease, then I don't expect PEB to be able to either despite the outlandish claims and constant equity grabs by vested parties.

Time to say goodbye PEB and hello Mr. Liquidator.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 04:47 AM
  Quote Post

Not a good omen at all. And a quick look at PEB's history is enough to put anyone off. Another chime in the death knell of publicly listed biotech.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/ar...jectid=12276737

Taxpayer-backed Caldera Health, which was developing a urine test to detect prostate cancer, is being wound up after a decade-long slog.

Some $16 million of shareholders' funds were spent on research and development in a 10-year effort to develop a non-invasive, low-cost test, chairman Alastair MacCormick told the Herald.

But although the R&D drive was successful in late-stage trials, companies in the US, Europe and Japan have recently made similar breakthroughs and investors decided it was not financially viable to compete.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jul 29 2019, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

Not a good omen for Caldera. The company doing the same thing as PEB but for prostate cancer and backed by Stepehn Tindall's fund and the NZVIF.

I reckon PEB might be behind the eight ball too with the pace of their development.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...sies-third.html

A blood test heralded as ‘the most accurate ever’ way to detect prostate cancer could spare thousands of men suspected of having the disease from the risks and discomfort of invasive biopsies.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 30 2019, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

Does anyone really think the government will allow PEB to claim back all those losses once they become cashflow positive?

I think they are time barred by the IRS anyway. So what's the point in accumulating them?

If the vogue business model is a PPP type then what do you think the government will be saying when they try to claim back what they can?

Perhaps the collapse yesterday is to appease the government and facilitate a PPP.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Mar 20 2019, 09:18 AM
  Quote Post

All those rich dudes that went in at the beginning and kept ploughing money in on top of everything previously must be really annoyed. One of them even put his son in to pump up the expected sales targets and resulting revenues. How many of their tests have they sold now?

Looks to me like the only thing that will keep this afloat is another traders pump and dump.

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

plastic
post Posted: Aug 21 2018, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

Wonder what the government has got to say about a private sector company running up over a hundred million of tax credits when they come to claim them.

Instead of being used I think a buy out is a far more sensible outcome. For one thing, nobody seems to be willing to hand over the cash for the tests being used. Instead they're being booked in every other way possible to make it look like they are.

Price action suggests the offer is in the mail.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Mar 7 2018, 04:09 PM
  Quote Post

There is a breast cancer diagnostic test in the US being marketed direct to consumer. The same way pregnancy tests are. I wonder if PEB has looked at this a threat to their model. I can see no reason why Amazon could not sell these.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 8 2017, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

Perhaps Ivanka wants a new role now that her fashion brands are being excluded from the department stores.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 6 2017, 07:04 PM
  Quote Post

Is PEB or similar about to make a statement in the US?

TPP lives perhaps.

https://careers.nzte.govt.nz/jobdetails/aji...html?source=IND

We are looking for a smart, hard-working, collaborative individual to work with New Zealand companies seeking to enter and navigate the US healthcare marketplace at both a government, public and private sector level. This exciting role includes working with entrepreneurial New Zealand companies to develop and execute their ambitious growth plans in the US. You will play a key role in evaluating the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of our customers in comparison to their competitors and support them with their market entry, market capability, and growth strategies.

--------------------

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING