Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
wolverine
post Posted: Jun 26 2006, 08:09 PM
  Quote Post

market has no idea how to value SLX with swings of 30%, the poor thing has been up and down like a brides nightie.

up now and up is good lmaosmiley.gif

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

JustinS007
post Posted: Jun 26 2006, 08:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jkconnor on Monday 26/06/06 07:08pm

Yes, approaching my all time holding high of $4.22, though I expect a whole lot more in the medium to long term.

It would be nice to know the demographics of those purchasing in the last week or so. Private investors? Traders? Insto's accumulating? Off-shore? So many possibilities, so few shares!

It would be great to see a 2 million unit plus day to confirm this movement north.

J.

jkconnor
post Posted: Jun 26 2006, 07:08 PM
  Quote Post

Fab closing price .... don't you think?

--------------------
JK

gulf
post Posted: Jun 26 2006, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: seawindpilot on Monday 26/06/06 06:31am

The next AGM will be interesting when all the right questions are asked!
Thanks for the information

seawindpilot
post Posted: Jun 26 2006, 06:31 AM
  Quote Post

GE gets the nod to build 2 new reactors in the USA but note that Hitachi are building 4 more GE reactors in Japan. That is 6 new N power plants that will be supplied with fuel from our partner GE using SLX wub.gif enrichment. Are we on a winner or what????? wink.gif

Hitachi, GE to build two U.S. nuclear plants

By Chris Oliver, MarketWatch
Last Update: 1:20 AM ET Jun 23, 2006

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Japan's Hitachi Ltd has been selected along with U.S. based General Electric to build two nuclear power plants in Texas in a deal worth up to $5.2 billion, the Nikkei daily reported in its Friday morning edition.
Construction on the project is expected to begin in 2009, with the facilities to come on stream in 2014.

GE ) will build the reactors under contract for NRG Energy

NRG ) , which said it officially informed the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Monday of its intent to construct two 1.35 million kw upgraded boiling reactors at the existing South Texas Project nuclear facility.
A General Electric spokesman in the U.S. declined to confirm the report or comment on it.
In a statement, NRG said it intends to work with GE and Hitachi in the development of the project, but did not specify division of roles in terms of design, manufacturing and installation of core equipment.
No new plant has been commissioned in the U.S. since the 1970s.
The last to come on line in the U.S. was the Tennessee-based Watt's Bar reactor in May 1996, owned and operated by the Tennessee Valley Authority, according to the Energy Information Administration.
There are 104 commercial nuclear generating units operating in the U.S. under license by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
In recent decades, additions to the U.S. nuclear power generating complex have mostly come in the form of license extensions and upgrading of existing reactors.
In a statement NRG said the project is expected to inject $9.2 billion into the state economy and result in 5,600 new permanent jobs statewide.
General Electric's boiling water reactor design has been certified by U.S. nuclear regulatory agencies. Hitachi is currently involved in the development and construction of four reactors of that type in Japan.
The Nikkei daily reported the official contracts with NRG Energy are expected to be signed after the power company formally files an application next year to build and operate the facility.
Chris Oliver is MarketWatch's Asia bureau chief, based in Hong Kong.

Liquid
post Posted: Jun 25 2006, 03:20 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sook on Friday 23/06/06 07:46pm

Sook, Thanks for the heads up on the Huntley's free trial with the Silex review. I have a question regarding their valuation for any of you who may care to reply. The report states-
"Assuming GE gains around 10% market share with SLX's design gives SLX a possible revenue of around $200m/year. Discounting gives bluesky upside of over $4.50/share."
Are they saying that the spec fair share value is $4.50 right now or at some point in the future when Silex is recieving $200 m/y in royalties?
Thanks in advance for any repies.

sook
post Posted: Jun 23 2006, 07:46 PM
  Quote Post

hi guys

dunno if this has been mentioned but today's huntleys small companies guide has a review of slx with a spec accumulate rating. cant post it coz of copyright & all. subscribe for a free trial if u wanna have a looksee.

gulf
post Posted: Jun 23 2006, 06:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: fastenyourseatbelt on Friday 23/06/06 05:26pm

You would have to assume all buyers have some idea of the available scipt when they buy for the longer term .Slx has plenty of options with the other technologies which could be floated off or sold. Cash flow will come from these well before the GE U deals gets underway.

fastenyourseatbe...
post Posted: Jun 23 2006, 05:26 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JustinS007 on Friday 23/06/06 05:01pm

Justin,

Im not a trader will but take money off the table when i have done well. This is zig zagging a bit so if it drops down again to a support i will buy but if it goes higher then i might also buy. Generally i like 1-2 month swings.

Will be buying back up when the US approval is getting nearer if the price seems right.
Stay on this long term and you will do well however i have my fingers in too many other pies to focus too much on one stock. However will keep a eye on this!

wink.gif

--------------------

jkconnor
post Posted: Jun 23 2006, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JustinS007 on Friday 23/06/06 05:01pm

Hi Justin good post. But what if these guys are big GORILLLA type investors and can't get set in the stock?

They could get jack of the whole thing and dump the holdings that they have been steadily accumulating over the past few days. (I am assuming that it is the big investors from offshore that have been buying as i haven't seen this kind of steady appetite for the stock for a long while).

What if they want a placement ie issue of new stock so that they can get set. Company doesn't need the cash does it? This would surely create liquidity. It's one way to make sure that these investors get stock .... but at whose expense?

I think fastenyourseatbelt has a point. I am tempted but SILEX is my biggest bet so i am holding.

--------------------
JK

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING