Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

BLD, BORAL LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: May 19 2020, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

Throw CSR into the mix, maybe one or two others and you have the perfect set-up for some overdue M&A.

Might explain why someone has their thumb on the price.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 18 2020, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

BLD is a stock that has not really recovered from the big virus induced sell off.
After spending most of last year moving between 5 and 5,50, it plunged below 2 bucks in the big sell off.
At todays price of 2.50, it is still barely half of where it was lat year.
The Vic govt has announced a 2.5 billion construction blitz to get the economy going (or to line the pockets of theCFMEU and ultimately the ALP).
Either way, this should be good for the likes of BLD.
I would suggest that NSW and to a lesser extent the other states may well follow suit.
Have taken a small introductory parcel just in case.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

plastic
post Posted: Sep 23 2019, 06:04 PM
  Quote Post

USG have recently partnered up with Boral in NZ for drywall distribution. Not like the Americans wanting to play second fiddle for long. Expect a buy out of dry wall at least but probably the whole shebang. When it happens FBU is going to be smashed. Their drywall operations is their cashcow in NZ.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 9 2019, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 9 2019, 10:43 AM

Could be EB, who knows what drives the market these days,!

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jun 9 2019, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

https://au.yahoo.com/finance/news/analysts-...-015342616.html

This will have implications for S&P/ASX 200 (Index:^AXJO) (ASX:XJO) stocks. Those with large US dollar exposure will benefit from the weak exchange rate and they include the Boral Limited (ASX: BLD) share price and RESMED/IDR UNRESTR (ASX: RMD) share price, just to name a few.

On the flipside, those who sell locally and have US dollar costs could be disadvantaged. These include retailers like Premier Investments Limited (ASX: PMV) – although they probably have more to worry about than the exchange rate – and Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd (ASX: CCL).
===============

Mick
is this the main reason for BLD to rise last few weeks??? unsure.gif

nipper
post Posted: May 31 2019, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 31 2019, 10:22 AM

In an investor briefing this morning building materials group Boral says the infrastructure market continues to be “strong” but it is looking for a “strong June to finish the year”.

While Boral refrained from issuing any new earnings guidance until August, it said demand is shifting from supplying residential housing projects to infrastructure.

Still it noted south-east Queensland and NSW residential was softening but Victorian infrastructure projects are strengthening. Overall, concrete volumes continue to be softer relative to prior year, it added.

It says capital expenditure should reduce going forward while earnings from its land holdings, particularly as disused quarries are converted, remain a feature of the business including adding around $30 million in financial 2019.
- stronger but for how much longer? Though infrastructure has scale and predictability.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 31 2019, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 3 2019, 10:14 AM

Obviously the market thinks that BLD will benefit greatly from the non change in Government.
Upward momentum confirmed.
Not only holding that 5 handle, but gone right thru it.

Next stop looking for that 7 handle from September last year.

Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 3 2019, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 17 2019, 02:49 PM

Touched 5 handle this morning.
Been a gradual rise since March.
Added to my small position to make it a medium position.
Bit of a gamble I know, it may not hold above 5, but willing to take a small risk.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 17 2019, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 15 2019, 02:19 PM

Up another 2% today.
Getting close to that 5..
Have no idea why it is trending up, but heck, I'll take it.

Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 15 2019, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

Boral slowly making a bit of a comeback.
A close above the 5 handle would be a nice indicator.

Mick

--------------------

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING