Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Trading Software
arty
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 02:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 16 2014, 02:10 PM

Flower, and any other surviving user of the Market Analyser:
As most will be aware, I've been biased because I knew MA7 inside and out. I still consider MA7 the most flexible T/A package ever.
Sadly, the writing has been on the wall for some time now, and on New Year's Eve MA7 aka Bourse 7, aka Cairo ... is about to be turned off forever. sad.gif R.I.P. sad.gif I have already switched to another program that suits my style of trading.

But my question is: What software package are you going to use from January 2018 ?

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jul 16 2014, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 11 2014, 10:37 PM

arty, and any other Market Analyser user, the new charge from IRESS for international data is $11 per month, all you need to do is to contact MDS support and they will hook you into it, charging your nominated account.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Jul 12 2014, 12:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 11 2014, 10:37 PM

You may have missed the recent notification that Iress have begun charging a small monthly fee.

Had no idea, missed the notification entirely, be on to it Monday.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jul 11 2014, 10:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 11 2014, 07:57 PM

Hi flower;

As D2MX procure their data from Iress (via webIRESS), they're bound by commercial arrangements.
You may have missed the recent notification that Iress have begun charging a small monthly fee.
Subscribe, and it's there like so:

Attached File  OS_Watchlist.gif ( 49.05K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Jul 11 2014, 07:57 PM
  Quote Post

If using the Market Analyser, a whole range of International indices that were available before July 1st 2014 seem no longer to be supported--or at least they don't appear when summoned as a chart--any clues as to why that should be? All ASX/domestic type facilities operating as before.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jan 11 2011, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rooboy's post @ Jan 11 2011, 09:08 AM

Hi rooboy---there is already a dedicated thread to this subject--go to the search function, top of this page RHS next to active topics and type in "Trading Software'" and hit enter.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rooboy  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

rooboy
post Posted: Jan 11 2011, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

Hi All,
Just looking at differnt trading software.
As i'm a beginner i just need a program that tracks my stocks but helps me see/read the trends in an easy/simple use.
Any recommendations?

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING