Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

BOL, BOOM LOGISTICS LIMITED
mistagear
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NZmale's post @ Feb 1 2010, 02:29 PM

Hamesh,

I would be looking long and hard at the 17% loss you have suffered since the SPP was announced. Whether you continue to hold a stock with a falling share price or sell and take the loss, in reality the loss exists either way.

Your account is declining in total, and your ability to compound the value of your account into the future from a now lesser base, means future trades will have to have greater % profit than they would have if you had sold your BOL holding when price began dropping
If price continues to decline towards the SPP offer price, which it often does, you will be down 35% from where you were at the offer date. Seems many buy and hold investors do not understand the effects compounding losses have on their account, and the subsequent increased profit percentage requirement that is placed on future trades

Good luck with your trading, hope all goes well for you
Cheers,M

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

farmer fred
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 02:57 PM
  Quote Post

Looks a pretty good price to me, I'll be buying. If you're worried the price might drop, sell some of the ones you've got already, but looks like they are steadily building up their order book. Main worry is the state of the market overall.

arty
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 02:55 PM
  Quote Post

The 30c SPP may provide some support; but I wouldn't necessarily bet on it.
So far, the chart has all the hallmarks of a "falling knife", and since it failed to break the resistance we were talking about earlier, I've prevented a loss and intend to stay off as long as there's no clear sign of a turn-around.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

NZmale
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

Hi everyone.

What are your thoughts on the 30c SPP for BOL?

Thanks

Hamesh

arty
post Posted: Jan 8 2010, 12:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Macka's post @ Jan 8 2010, 11:48 AM

Agree, Macka
It boils down to the question: Is the long-term (yellow) EMA going to provide resistance? Or can it turn quickly into support?

Attached Image

Watching the trading activity this morning (see 30-minute chart below) I tend to believe the latter; hence I've resumed buying.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Macka
post Posted: Jan 8 2010, 11:48 AM
  Quote Post

Hi All

Good volume today for BOL
If it can pass first resistance at 47 there may be further upside; next resistance is 57

We hold BOL

Cheers

Macka
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

arty
post Posted: Jan 5 2010, 06:45 PM
  Quote Post

If we believe that 2010 will see a resurgence of global markets, and Australia's mining in particular, BOL may well benefit.
Long-term (weekly), we have seen a strong Higher Low. All it takes is a Higher High (i.e. a crack at 60c) and an inverted H&S will be the likely result.

Attached Image

The recent breakout on the Daily could set the scene on a smaller scale: Note the first higher FTFF Resistance, which I take as the first step up the ladder.

Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: farmer fred  daggie  

farmer fred
post Posted: Jan 4 2010, 04:38 PM
  Quote Post

Surprising how well it held up with the large capital raising, there must be plenty selling post the capital raising. I applied for more than I was entitled to and got them all. Apart from the drop on the day the new shares came on the market all sellers have been met by plenty of buyers and the last few days have been gradually moving back up. With the improved balance sheet and the new business they announced in December, hopefully we can be a bit more optimistic. There's still the possibility of a takeover hanging over them.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daggie  

hungry
post Posted: Dec 23 2009, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

Candidate for a move up from here today. Still has interest from daytraders to keep it moving by the looks.

arty
post Posted: Nov 29 2009, 07:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: daggie's post @ Nov 29 2009, 03:34 PM

Hi Daggie,

At what price is the spp pitched? 30c, wasn't it?
So, the answer is quite simple: If you believe BOL will trade above 30c even after the shares have been allocated, you might as well take part; if you're not sure and think it's rather likely they'll drop and stay below 30c, don't bother.

The chart as such doesn't look too bad; nothing guarantees it can't fall below 40c, but even at 36c, you'd make 20% profit.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daggie  

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING