Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >   

Reply to this topic

PROPERTY
balance
post Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 31 2017, 08:48 AM

Yes that seems a bit silly to include those areas. If you asked someone from Gosford, central coast or the Hawkesbury towns where they live, the answer would not be Sydney.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 31 2017, 08:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 30 2017, 10:30 PM

for the first time [Sydney] has a population of more than 5 million. After taking 30 years — from 1971 to 2000 — to grow from 3 million to 4 million, Sydney has knocked off the next million in only half that time, with figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics revealing that at June 30 it had reached 5,005,400 — up 82,800 from the previous year.

Sydney has size, but if speed is more your thing look to ..Melbourne — population 4,641,636 — which holds the title of Australia's fastest-growing capital city with a rate of 2.4 per cent a year.

Population projections have the two capitals going head to head for the nation's largest city in about 2050.

Nipping at its heels is Brisbane — latest population 2,349,699 — with a growth rate of 1.8 per cent.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/natio...261b26c26312575

to get this number of 5million, the ABS included Central Coast statistical areas of Gosford and Wyong (over 350,000 people) and even far flung Hawkesbury places as far as Ebenezer, St Albans and Bilpin.

Brisbane could argue the Gold Coast and perhaps the Sunshine Coast could be included. Definitely morning traffic heads to the urb rather than away, on the motorways

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 30 2017, 10:30 PM
  Quote Post

"We've seen significant price increases in housing in both Sydney and Melbourne. However, I think a lot of that is to do around supply and bringing more supply on, will actually moderate those sort of house prices in those key markets."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/30/australian-...hristopher.html
===========

imho
first, let them build more
second, increase rate and decrease population growth rate
third, untill housing in sydney drops over 30%, before that don't mention let people use super to buy properties

Brierley
post Posted: Mar 30 2017, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Mar 30 2017, 08:42 AM

Yep, further tighten the rules/surcharges for foreign buyers.

Interesting statistics in this article

http://www.afr.com/real-estate/residential...20170323-gv5dt0

...Chinese buyers are purchasing the equivalent of 25 per cent of all new homes in NSW and 16 per cent in Victoria, because they are 'cheap' compared with China.....

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

jacsar
post Posted: Mar 30 2017, 08:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Mar 29 2017, 09:41 PM

Isn't it strange that a discussion about property suddenly morphs into visual pictures and colour comes to the fore... its not about race but inane and weak decisions that are made by govts...heard the same argument during Vietnam war when Americans where buying up our farms, then kiwi's buying up Goldcoast and elsewhere....then came the Japanese till they went bust...now the Chinese so if we are still dumb enough to have done nothing after all this time so be it...stop whinging. All we have to do is legislate certain or similar controls as they do to foreign ownership in their country.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  Brierley  

bg99
post Posted: Mar 30 2017, 08:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Mar 29 2017, 09:41 PM

you are the one that dragged it into a racist discussion boy..... yep you showed how racist you are

Brierley
post Posted: Mar 29 2017, 09:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 29 2017, 06:15 PM

here you go eb

• Mar 29 2017 at 1:05 PM
<h1 itemprop="headline name">Sizzling hot deals: Brisbane apartments offered at 39pc discount in 'fire sale'</h1>
http://www.afr.com/real-estate/residential...20170328-gv8q9k

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 29 2017, 06:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Mar 29 2017, 01:08 PM

see my true colour?? cool.gif don't you worry

'chinks", "chinaman" eg even been called worse funny part is when visit china, Friend, family call me "aussie pumpkin' eg.
you know what?? i don't gives a f$%^& anymore
not like you, i don't judge people by their colours, races , instead i judge people by their behaviour, their mind eg..
sorry to other readers, i dragged into this B S topic .

back to property
didn't know Fed, and most other central banks print money day and night none stops TILL NOW after GFC.
if i know that i'd leverage to my throat put it all on the housing market---like some other did. i'd be really rich by now since GFC.
i had wrong analysis about how much and how deep Govt willing to go ............and have to hang my head eat the humble pie weirdsmiley.gif

however i read some figures -----about over 100k of apartment gonna hit sydney market this year alone, we can see the massive supply is coming
the situation now is
1 chinese Govt is trying really hard to control their "[capital out flow" that means money will really hard flow out from there
2, local govt, gonna put special tax on empty apartment----that will put huge pressure on rental market
3, big banks is raising rate without RBA move

people can do the math i guess!!

bg99
post Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 28 2017, 06:02 PM

I see your true colour... shining through

early birds
post Posted: Mar 28 2017, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Mar 28 2017, 02:38 PM

and reduce population growth is other key
=================

don't flattering yourself because you have "white skins". i've been here longer enough to see so many trashs had same colour as you. cool.gif

you seems misinformed
don't you know chinese Govt try hard to control "capital flight"?? that means a lot less money will flow in from there start from now.

5 million is high enough bar for "investment immigrants", i guess whoever can afford 5 mil to invest here that would be good for aussies.
all Tbull need to do is to cut down other type of immigration, and reduce support for other population growth, and let them build more apartments..

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING