Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
rene in geneva
post Posted: Aug 5 2006, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

A good ally against the dogma driven green hoards.......

tim flannery- nuclear the only practical way

cheers,
Rene

--------------------
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

ditch
post Posted: Aug 4 2006, 08:30 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting method of dramatically reducing half life of radioactive materials by cooling.

physicsweb.org/articles/news/10/7/13/1 or just try "german cooling of nuclear waste"

If this proves to be commercial it could remove a lot of the opposition to uranium enrichment in oz. Dreaming further this would require GE/Silex tech.

ditch

gulf
post Posted: Aug 2 2006, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: neo99 on Tuesday 01/08/06 06:08pm

Last year SLX released the Preliminary Final Report on 13/9/2005 and Fiberbyte started sales September 26,2005.It will be interesting to see in the last 12mths what sales have been achieved by Fiberbyte when SLX report next month.

neo99
post Posted: Aug 1 2006, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

And something on the methods.

Cheers
neo
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Nuclear_Hydrogen.pdf ( 132.21K ) Number of downloads: 117

--------------------
The stupid question unanswered is the stupid reality missed!

neo99
post Posted: Aug 1 2006, 06:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: lion hunter on Tuesday 01/08/06 04:44pm

Yep, a little known fact is that the best option we have for creating a Hydrogen economy is nuclear. Silex's role on the fuel side is a big part of that potential. But I doubt they will be splitting water any time soon.

I'm sure the holy grail is turning water into hydrogen and oxygen, but the big ask has always been efficiency (takes more energy to split water than is produced through burning the resultant products). Silex has the advantage with U that the energy (i.e. cost) expended is to enrich a high energy yield element.

http://neri.inel.gov/program_plans/pdfs/nhi_plan.pdf

neo

--------------------

lion hunter
post Posted: Aug 1 2006, 04:44 PM
  Quote Post

Woah Neo it's like you're reading my mind!
When I read the U comittee transcript I was really surprised to see Goldy quoted as saying that he believed Hydrogen was the future!
Anyone care to speculate if Silex is also working on something in this area? (Not like they have anything else to do. lol)

Is there a link between Nuclear and Hydrogen?

neo99
post Posted: Aug 1 2006, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

http://www.petroleumnews.net/StoryView.asp?StoryID=62922

Giants join forces on hydrogen power plants

ONE is a giant in power generation engineering technology, the other is a giant in traditional transport fuels, so what happens when the titans decide not to clash but to cooperatively develop hydrogen power projects? BP and GE intend to find out...

GE is positioning itself well for the future, since nuclear is the most likely entry into any hydrogen economy of the future.

Any thoughts?

neo

--------------------

Sinner
post Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:44 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: saf on Monday 31/07/06 02:44pm

My thanks too-a very interesting read.
Cheers!

peterke
post Posted: Jul 31 2006, 06:52 PM
  Quote Post

Yes, the transcript is a good read, you can download the powerpoint presentation that goes with it from the silex website. Thanks for posting the link

regards
Peter

moosey
post Posted: Jul 31 2006, 06:17 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: saf on Monday 31/07/06 04:44pm

Thank you saf for the link, it was a great read and had some very interesting stuff in there.
Cheers Moosey

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING