Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 13 2020, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

And as to be expected, the parasitic law firms are lining up in droves to start the COVID-19 based class action suits.
From ABC News
Shine Lawyers, who are taking on a class action on behalf of Ruby Princess passengers, said 19 overseas guests had registered with them, including people who had tested positive.

A spokeswoman for the law firm said the potential of the spread worldwide from the ship was "alarming".

"Members of the public in Sydney and abroad were unknowingly exposed to the virus as a result of these passengers' release," she said.

She said people from the US, UK and New Zealand had contacted them after either becoming confirmed cases or experiencing symptoms.

Law firms are only one step above the pharma companies when it comes top profiteering from a disaster.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 13 2020, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

Ya gotta love a good conspiracy theory. Eat ya heart out plastic!
From The Daily Mail

The laboratory at the centre of scrutiny over the pandemic has been carrying out research on bats from the cave which scientists believe is the original source of the devastating outbreak.

Documents obtained by The Mail on Sunday show the Wuhan Institute of Virology undertook coronavirus experiments on mammals captured more than 1,000 miles away in Yunnan – funded by a $3.7 million grant from the US government.

Sequencing of the Covid-19 genome has traced it to bats found in Yunnan's caves.

It comes after this newspaper revealed last week that Ministers here now fear that the pandemic could have been caused by a virus leaking from the institute.

Senior Government sources said that while 'the balance of scientific advice' was still that the deadly virus was first transmitted to humans from a live animal market in Wuhan, an accident at the laboratory in the Chinese city was 'no longer being discounted'.
According to one unverified claim, scientists at the institute could have become infected after being sprayed with blood containing the virus, and then passed it on to the local community.
Now The Mail on Sunday has learned that scientists there experimented on bats as part of a project funded by the US National Institutes of Health, which continues to licence the Wuhan laboratory to receive American money for experiments.

Results of the research were published in November 2017 under the heading: 'Discovery of a rich gene pool of bat SARS-related coronaviruses provides new insights into the origin of SARS coronavirus.'

The exercise was summarised as: 'Bats in a cave in Yunnan, China were captured and sampled for coronaviruses used for lab experiments.

'All sampling procedures were performed by veterinarians with approval from the Animal Ethics Committee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

'Bat samplings were conducted ten times from April 2011 to October 2015 at different seasons in their natural habitat at a single location (cave) in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China. Bats were trapped and faecal swab samples were collected.'

Another study, published in April 2018, was titled 'fatal swine acute diarrhoea syndrome caused by an HKU2-related coronavirus of bat origin' and described the research as such: 'Following a 2016 bat-related coronavirus outbreak on Chinese pig farms, bats were captured in a cave and samples were taken.

Experimenters grew the virus in a lab and injected it into three-day-old piglets. Intestinal samples from sick piglets were ground up and fed to other piglets as well.'Senior Ministers say that while the latest intelligence does not dispute the virus was 'zoonotic' – originating in animals – it no longer rules out that the virus first spread to humans after leaking from a Wuhan laboratory.

Last week, further doubt was cast on the animal market theory after Cao Bin, a doctor at the Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital, highlighted research showing that 13 of the first 41 patients diagnosed with the infection had not had any contact with the market. 'It seems clear that the seafood market is not the only origin of the virus,' he said.

The £30 million Wuhan Institute of Virology, the most advanced laboratory of its type on the Chinese mainland, is based ten miles from the now infamous wildlife market.

I gather the biggest issue is the fact that they used cute piglets as tests.
PETA is not happy.

Mick

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 13 2020, 08:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Apr 12 2020, 10:48 PM

How do you draw such a conclusion from what I have said?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

triage
post Posted: Apr 12 2020, 10:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Apr 12 2020, 07:49 AM

So you're saying you would rather be in lockdown in say New York or Lombardy because at least they have lots of people carking from the virus?

You do realise that NZ is probably the closest country to coming out the other side virus free, right? If you get to that point and you keep your borders secured then the restrictions will disappear soon enough (I guess). Here in Oz, we seem to be going ok too but our problem is that we still have thousands of citizens that are overseas and want to come back and also our testing was not designed to pick up community spread.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

plastic
post Posted: Apr 12 2020, 07:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Apr 11 2020, 09:00 PM

In Auckland yesterday, hundreds of people were seen lining up at supermarkets just so they could eat a meal and feed the kids.

It may not have set in yet in Australia, but if your lockdown is as tight as NZ's, soon you will realize the purpose of your day is to wait in line so you can shop for food. Already the argie bargie has broken out and police have had to attend.

To manage the issue, one supermarket has put a text in service, so you can wait in your car. I tried it yesterday. Two and three quarter hours later I was told its my turn to go shopping. By then, I had driven to six other supermarkets all of which had long lines indicating at least an hours wait. I had given up for the day then got the text.

The lesson learned; go to the premium supermarkets. Lines are shorter because people don't want to pay the extra or can't break the routine.

It is an outrageous situation when community spread is at just 2% of total infections. This is nothing more than a social experiment if it isn't an extreme overreaction. But when you are on the wrong end of the Big Brother megaphone, what can you do?

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Apr 11 2020, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavirus/...&ocid=wispr

In Sydney, particularly in the Northern Beaches and Bondi, hundreds of people were seen ignoring 'beach closed' signs, designed to stop the areas becoming a crowded COVID-19 hotspot.

================

as Mick said " there is no cure" !!! devilsmiley.gif

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!

nipper
post Posted: Apr 11 2020, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 11 2020, 04:16 PM

Oh well, with markets down, they'll inherit less.

(But in reality, boomers are a cohort slightly behind this cruel cull)
(and likely miffed their grey nomad wanderlust is curtailed)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 11 2020, 04:16 PM
  Quote Post

One of my kids just told me on a Zoom call that their contemporaries call the Virus, "The boomer Remover"
Kids can be so cruel!
Mick

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 10 2020, 06:17 PM
  Quote Post

Encountered my first piece of overt vigilantism today. Narrow footpath bringing two people together within the two metre distance. Who gives way?

I did of course. Who can be bothered with such nonsense? But the other guy was all set for it.

I can imagine there will be a lot of this developing in Australia shortly once the novelty has worn off.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 10 2020, 04:27 PM
  Quote Post

Every American, not to mention other nationalities by their respective governments, around the world is being brought home by the US government. So far the count is 50,000.

All this for a virus? I don't think so.

What is coming next? USA v China in the new Battle of Midway?

Donald J. Trump RetweetedTeam Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022)@TeamTrump·Apr 9Secretary of State @mikepompeo announces that the State Department has repatriated 50,000 Americans!

--------------------

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING