Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

5130 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Desert Rat
post Posted: Jan 10 2020, 03:44 AM
  Quote Post

Amag never had the money to invest in properly marketing Vyleesi. They currently have approx. $191 M in cash, but have accumulated debt of $280 M and 467 US employees to pay. It's clear that the activists that forced out Amag's CEO and set up the restructuring, wanted to conserve cash and focus on Amag's in-house developmental products vs. spending on the Vyleesi licensed product. But, you are right, its not known if the low initial Vyleesi sales were due to lapses in marketing or efficacy, or perhaps, both.

LegendInMySpareT...
post Posted: Jan 10 2020, 03:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Desert Rat's post @ Jan 10 2020, 02:39 AM

The AMAG decision to divest seems to me as a glass half full/half empty kind of discussion seen from the perspective of PTN. On one hand you could see it as positive that they will hand off Vyleesi to someone else, because AMAG is a sucky distributor, and hopefully someone else will do a better job than AMAG. On the other hand I would be worried that it's the drug that is a dud, because why would they divest something they just paid 160M USD for, if it was going to be a star product. Also there seem to be a lot of opportunity lost in having sold the drug to the wrong distributor and without any control of who winds up buying it, it seems PTN will get even less than the slim margins they were already looking at from AMAG in the time period it takes to hand it off to a new distributor.

For PTN I lean towards the glass half empty on this one.

PunkAssDerm, would love to hear your opinion on this recent news, knowing you have invested in PTN?

Personally I have tracked them for a while and held a small position in them, but decided to concentrate my investments into CUV prior to the FDA approval as PTN seemed far away from releasing any value from the sales of Vyleesi.

Desert Rat
post Posted: Jan 10 2020, 02:39 AM
  Quote Post

Amag Pharma just announced a restructuring and will divest the Vyleesi (bremelanotide) asset. I view that as potentially good for Vyleesi as Amag totally blew the product launch with no direct-to-consumer marketing, and then limited drug distribution to two specialty pharmacies, normally reserved for potentially dangerous or limited-supply drugs. Vyleesi (like Scenesse), is neither. In contrast, we still have no idea when/how Scenesse will be distributed in the US. Makes one wonder what the company is actually doing now several months after receiving US marketing approval.

NewToCli
post Posted: Jan 10 2020, 01:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dr Wally's post @ Jan 9 2020, 10:49 PM

It’s all about the non communication of PW.

EPP is still a disease most people don’t Know about and even less Know about SC. How should they? It’s distributed through clinics for a ultra orphan disease nobody gave a damn some years ago.

All other properties of SC are zero marketed or further developed by Cuv. So how should the market and doctors know about it?

They know what industry tells them.

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 10:49 PM
  Quote Post

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jdv.16030

Just read the latest “ Photoprotection of the future: challenges and opportunities”
Fist published 03-01-2020.

Hang on a second! The future of sunscreen is here already but you wouldn’t think so after reading this.

Scenesse was approved in Europe in 2014, 5 plus years ago. You would think that the people that put this piece together (a number of the leading minds in dermatology) would have a thorough understanding and a little more to say about Afamelanotide (Scenesse) seeings it accomplishes absolutely everything that they are wanting and asking for in a “future sunscreen”.

Not being disrespectful or dismissive of their knowledge as this is their field of expertise but they just brush past this game changing (better then safe) modern technology, the most perfect Sunscreen possible (that’s here already and proven long term) like it’s some dodgy ineffective primitive suspect chemical suncream of days gone by.

Is it asking too much to think that after 5 years of successfully treating the devastating disease EPP in Euro, that they’d devote more then one paragraph to the subject seeings it’s utterly obvious potential to protect the masses like never before?

Tan biases continue to keep Scenesse in the shade in 2020 it seems.

Maybe a new chemical concoction will become available that only needs to be reapplied every 4 hrs so long as you don’t get wet or slightly sweaty with an SPF rating of 300 plus that actually blocks UVA wavelengths for a bit and is proven not to have any of the devastating side effects that if seen in Scenesse clinical trials would have seen it shelved indefinitely.

“””The sunscreen of the future – our recommendations
It is clear that as our knowledge regarding the effects of solar radiation on the human organism is better delineated, the characteristics and role of sunscreens will have to constantly evolve in parallel.

Based on the previously discussed issues, concerns, developments and opportunities, we ask that an ideal sunscreen would provide **protection against all wavelengths of natural sunlight** with **no safety concerns** and **minimum environmental impact** with properties to ensure highest possible compliance. This might be achieved through the following steps:”””

Blah blah, blah, blah, blah!

PW! It’s 2020 already! Let’s get this show on the road. No time like the present big fella!

--------------------
Wishing everyone the best of luck through these testing times. Hopefully we’ll all be getting back on track towards the end of this incredible year 2020.

Understand the reality of this unprecedented situation but don’t panic.

2020. Year of the germ!

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 05:27 PM
  Quote Post

Hey Mac would you like me to post my definition of an internet troll? Just in case you happen to bump into one, know what i mean?. It’s only a paragraph or two long. devilsmiley.gif
——

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!top...vel/1sinoi21EzM

“”” Till enough of you censored him off. He nor am I saying he was right, info is always evolving.. but you all were very wrong to run off his reality. You needed to. But Dr Wally has just as much right to his opinion. I do not agree, I see ascertations that he states I know are not true, but thats my truth and my reality.. For this I am willing to put up with that Chirp Chirpy song I looked up.
Levelheaded actually was level headed. ”””

Uhohinc, I’m not fragile of the mind like some. I can handle a differing opinion to my own as strong as my opinion is when it comes to Afamelanotide I realise it’s not the word of god. Peace be upon her, him, oh shit which god was it again?

I’m confident in my opinions about Clinuvel and from what I’ve experienced with Afamelanotide since summer 2005 (15 F ing years already) as well as scores of others over this time that I’ve witnessed but it should be clear to all by now that I’m no scientist or Dr as difficult as that is to believe.

Although I have prescribed a good laugh from time to time to Cafe members.

My opinions have been formed from my own experimentation and experience BUT im no ignoramus: my mind is open and it’s very easy for me to accept and admit when I get sh1t wrong and I believe my ego is well under control,

Soooooo,

I’d love to understand where I’m going wrong and what I’m missing with Scenesse and Clinuvel. I’ve invested way wY too much money in this company to be caught up lost in my own confused reality, if that be the case.

Not sure about you but I can’t afford to loose what I’ve invested here.

I am not attempting to deceive or trick anyone here like LH definitely was. He flipped like a switch one day after Mitsubishi press release (if I remember correctly) and it was way too obvious that he was attempting to get the SP to crash for somebody with a short position in Clinuvel but that’s another story.

If I hear nothing over at your google Clinuvel headquarters I’ll take it I’m correct in what I believe and I’ll carry on livin the dream at the ole “Cafe of dreams” until we boom or bust I guess. TIA. cool.gif

--------------------
Wishing everyone the best of luck through these testing times. Hopefully we’ll all be getting back on track towards the end of this incredible year 2020.

2020. Year of the germ!

Featured Stock Stories

macgyver
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dr Wally's post @ Jan 9 2020, 01:53 PM

You promise? wub.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: endymion96  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 01:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Fortescue Bullrout's post @ Jan 9 2020, 01:04 PM

Revealing intellectual property secrets (IP) to the competition is a bit different to simply informing the market about your product and its extraordinary potential to safely develop a cancer preventing photoprotective "tan" in order to stimulate a little investment. No need to give away IP to achieve this surely.

The understanding of the natural tanning process is lost in all the hype by 99% of people. A balanced common sense approach to the subject has been riddled with extremism, hysteria and complete confusion through the "no such thing as a safe tan" rhetoric that has been flogged into people's psyche for four decades now.

Best slather on copious amounts of toxic chemical soup (even when indoors) least allow some natural disease preventing sunlight to touch our allergy riddled skin.

These ignorant hyperventilating days will be coming to an end real soon.

I hope! unsure.gif

--------------------

2020. Year of the germ!

Dr Wally
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Frogster's post @ Jan 9 2020, 01:04 PM

Its impossible to argue against that opinion going off of past performance from the last decade BUT i believe they were forced through regulator ignorance and "tan bias" that were relentless and devastating to progress till late last year. They were finding it hard to get traction in this anti sunlight and tan phobic environment that has 100% been behind most of the regulatory resistance but They are free from all of that BS now.

The FDA is no longer a crippling weight holding the company down but one way or the other we will find out sooner rather then later as weve entered the fabled 2020 golden period.

--------------------

2020. Year of the germ!

Fortescue Bullro...
post Posted: Jan 9 2020, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macgyver's post @ Jan 9 2020, 12:51 PM

I remember a comment from pw in the annual report that they have no intention of educating their competitors and that would still be the case.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Clinhope  

5130 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING