Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

NMS, NEPTUNE MARINE SERVICES LIMITED
OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 2 2012, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nebo's post @ Nov 2 2012, 11:21 AM

Thanks Nebo, did not know that ! interesting info .....the big question is why given they have a takeover offer from MTQ already on the table. Unless they are expecting a higher offer to come in...

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------
Smile while TRADING it's only money... :)

nebo
post Posted: Nov 2 2012, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Nov 2 2012, 09:12 AM

Oz,
They are the Pratt family's investment arm, (if my memory serves correctly).
They are usually long term investors.
Why I don't know of course,
A stake at the table maybe?
Have a good day,
Nebo.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: OZGAZ  

OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 2 2012, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

Who the hell are Thorney Holdings and why are they buying up 20 mill shares today.....?? weirdsmiley.gif

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

mercury
post Posted: Nov 1 2012, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Nov 1 2012, 10:36 AM

Yes I made a phone call to Perth a couple of months ago and talked with someone there. He told me about the welding situation. I think they had a problem in the North Sea....might have cost them some money too. And so they decided not to use the system again.
Now I could be wrong here. Maybe they are still playing with it. But that was not the impression I was given. If memory serves me right (and often it doesn't) it was pretty clear it was not a part of the company's focus at all anymore.

Merc

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

OZGAZ
post Posted: Nov 1 2012, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 1 2012, 12:07 AM

Mercury - where did you read that the underwater welding patent failed in the North Sea ? can you send a link if possible. As far as takeover bid is concerned I just feel that NMS have turned the corner, have spread their expertise across a number of industries and different specialities and are finally digging themselves out of the whole created by Mr Lange that almost killed the company for good (and the reason the SP is where it is as a result of the highly discounted SPP). They have no debt and completed $116 million worth of work last financial year, but my suggestion of 4 c is purely speculative...and being hopeful

cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

mercury
post Posted: Nov 1 2012, 12:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Oct 30 2012, 04:41 PM

Blossomvale purchased a pile at 4.5 cents when there was a fund raising many moons ago. (I believe I am correct here) They have been adding ever since. One should have seen they were very interested.
i think that NMS has always held that they were worth more than the present price. HOWEVER....their revolutionary underwater welding system was a failure in the North Sea and subsequently put to pasture (correct me if I am wrong). And this is a big writedown, and probably lowers the price they thought they were worth when the first overtures of a takeover were sung way back when.

Still, if you thing 4 cts is a good call....if you have some information to suggest I should contemplate a higher price please lete me know.
Merc

OZGAZ
post Posted: Oct 30 2012, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

Takeover offer by MTQ (via Blossomvale Investments) the largest shareholder in NMS - 3.2 c a share. Low ball offer in my opinion. Given the grief shareholders have suffered in recent years I would hope there is room for negotiation here and the directors just don't fold at the very first offer !!! Afterall, the company must offer something if MTQ want to buy it out completely - all 1.8 billion shares. Something north of 4 c would be more like it. Also, I guess that consolidation is not happening then...

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

OZGAZ
post Posted: Oct 27 2012, 07:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 26 2012, 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info Arty biggrin.gif

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Oct 26 2012, 11:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: OZGAZ's post @ Oct 26 2012, 09:47 PM

As I don't hold any NMS shares, I won't be admitted.
But if you fill out a proxy form, you can also submit questions to be asked on your behalf.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

OZGAZ
post Posted: Oct 26 2012, 09:47 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone going to the AGM ? I think it's in Perth and I work in Sydney so won't be there. They really need to be hammered as regards this consolidation....anyone know of a consolidation that actually worked in the favour of the shareholder ?? it would be nice if it coincided with a nice juicy big new contract or some other positive news !!!!

Cheers

Ozgaz

--------------------

275 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING