Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

56 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 > »    

Reply to this topic

ETRADE Australia, System Status / General Discussion
BSA
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: balance on Tuesday 03/10/06 10:55am

Renew Iress subscription, but no Etrade customer can log on this morn, nor can anyone ring them,... all lines engaged, even the trading managers direct line grrr.gif

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Tuesday 03/10/06 09:47am

renew what? appreciate a hand.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

raz0rback
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

yeah im leaving. taking my account over to traderdealer.com

will keep etrade account active for sms alerts etc.

this is terrible service. this is peoples hard earned their stuffing around with. incompetant

gulf
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:47 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: balance on Tuesday 03/10/06 09:44am

you have to renew each month and I cannot log in to renew,it is a joke.

balance
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (honeycomb @ Tuesday 03/10/06 08:19am)

etrade.bloody hopeless.same here.
hsbc pls take us back!!!

etrade makes comsec basic look pretty damn good.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

honeycomb
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 08:19 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: maiden on Tuesday 03/10/06 08:17am

Same here. Cant login. Server errors. Also lost my Iress session which I leave open. Another smooth upgrade.

maiden
post Posted: Oct 3 2006, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sprocket99 on Saturday 30/09/06 10:29pm

Am I the only one still having trouble with ETRADE.Cant log on this morning because of technical difficulties.Waited 5 minutes on phone to be told this.

sprocket99
post Posted: Sep 30 2006, 09:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: suti on Saturday 30/09/06 09:00pm

well having felt like a 6 cylinder car operating on 3 cylinders for a while, i'm going to give etrade/stgeorge a final go this monday. only time i can these days with a full time+ contract job feeding my super account.

half a market with the holiday, hopefully some falling resource stocks which I am wanting to accumulate, and a sizable sum transferred from NAB to Stgeorge on Friday.

will etrade stack up? will my leveraged position via the margin loan translate? will my purchases survive the t+3 calculation?

why the f... do i need to log on to 2 seprate sites to track my trades? and they are never the same? too confusing IMHO.

--------------------
SPROCKET..........

suti
post Posted: Sep 30 2006, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

i also miss having everything under the one roof. another disadvantage is that if you sell some stock, you won't be able to use that money (unless to purchase shares) on T + 3 day, as the records don't update at the banks end until the night of t+3, and hence the proceeds wont be availble until T + 4.

To solve this, I am now thinking of opening the comsec cdia account, but the interest rate is slightly tardy at 4.1% for >$5,000 (and nil for less than that), although it would eliminate the t+3 problem.

I wonder if hsbc banking will lose customers now that the integrated service of having a stockbroking service coupled with a banking product that payed nearly 5% interest, has atm access, and virtually no fees?

honeycomb
post Posted: Sep 27 2006, 10:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: eviloverlord on Wednesday 27/09/06 09:31pm

power etrade (aka web iress) running under etrade seems much more error prone than when it ran under hsbc. I could count on one hand the no. of times hsbc iress failed in the last year. Yet have already had problems several times this month. I've had to clear cookies and temp files and change my firewall settings to load it this morning. The trade executions seem to be ok and no brokerage until Nov is quite nice. Perservering with etrade but mostly because I shudder at the hassle of moving again. What I really miss is having everything under the one roof and being able to logon to my Hsbc banking account and see shares, margin account, loans, cash accounts all updated realtime. In hindsight I would have paid higher brokerage if that had kept them going.

56 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING