Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

65 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

ACL, ALCHEMIA LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Apr 30 2014, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: walbrook's post @ Apr 28 2014, 11:00 PM

Thanks for the reply, J
yes, there is always that risk - but so far, it hasn't happened yet.

Attached Image

The reason may well be that Monday's big volume included an off-market transfer of 7.725M shares at 55c.
In contrast, SEH's volume on the 21st was a large number of ordinary p&d sales, followed the next day by a sharp sell-off.
I trust the VSA guys are smart enough to know the difference rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: walbrook  

walbrook
post Posted: Apr 28 2014, 11:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 28 2014, 06:41 PM

Hi Arty, I am not very experienced with this but I feel the VSA people would see this high vol. up bar as a great shorting opportunity, i.e the smart money exiting the last of their position.
For another example check the SEH chart and the bar on 21/3 and what then happened.

cheers

J

arty
post Posted: Apr 28 2014, 06:41 PM
  Quote Post

54c: Primary resistance and 2-month EMA
52c: 1-year EMA, has been support during most of March
51c: trend break
49c: trailing stop

I've been buying and shall add if 54c breaks and becomes new holding support.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

plastic
post Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:40 PM
  Quote Post

While everyone hams up the qualifications of the new guys coming on to ACL's board and exec. Especially on HC, after reading this, I am left wondering if the guy has ever had a real job. Wonder what the shareholder value creation content was. blink.gif

Q. Why would someone with this talent come on board with little ole Alchemia???

Mr. Santo J. Costa, also known as Sandy, J.D., has been a Consultant of Quintiles Transnational Corp. since June 2001. Mr. Costa serves as an Attorney with Maupin Taylor P.A. of Raleigh, North Carolina. He serves as Of Counsel to the law firm of Maupin Taylor & Ellis. He has been Of Counsel to the law firm of Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell and Jernigan, LLP since August 2007. He served as an Executive Officer of EBM Solutions, Inc. He was U.S. Area Counsel for Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals. He served as an Of Counsel at the law firm of Williams Mullen from June 2001 to August 2007. He has more than 35 years of experience. He has a broad operational leadership experience in the pharmaceutical and clinical services industries, including relevant legal, regulatory, governance and policy expertise. He also has extensive experience as a public company executive and board member in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. He started his career as Food and Drug Counsel for Norwich Eaton Pharmaceuticals. From 1994 to 2002, Mr. Costa held various positions at Quintiles Transnational Corporation. He served as the President and Chief Operating Officer at Quintiles Transnational Corporation from April 1994 to November 1999; Senior Consulting Executive from June 2001 to December 2002. He was employed at GlaxoSmithKline plc. He was employed by Glaxo Inc., where he served as Senior Vice President of Administration and General Counsel of Glaxo Inc. from 1986 to 1993. He has been Non-Executive Chairman of Alchemia Limited since March 01, 2014. He served as Chairman of Labopharm Inc. from May 4, 2006 to 2011. He serves as Chairman of the Advisory Board of Capital Analytics, Inc. He serves as Chairman of Dermatrends Inc. He served as Chairman of NeuroMedix Inc. from 2005 to 2007. He served as the Chairman and Director of BioPheresis Technologies, Inc. He chaired the law section of the then Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Association. He served as Vice Chairman of Quintiles Transnational Corporation from November 1999 to June 2001. Mr. Costa has been a Director of Cytokinetics, Incorporated since November 1, 2010, Labopharm Inc. since March 2, 2006, and Digilab, Inc. since April 15, 2010. Mr. Costa serves as a Director of Yonkers Industries Inc., Dermatrends Inc. and Digiscript Inc. He serves as Director of a number of health sciences companies. He serves as a Member of the Board of Advisors of AM Pappas & Associate. Mr. Costa serves as a director of the Food and Drug Law Institute Advisory Board. He sits on the Board of Advisors of the Duke Cancer Patient Support Program Advisory Board, the Duke University Medical Center Board of Visitors, and the Duke Brain Tumor Advisory Board. He served as a Director at Alchemia Limited. Mr. Costa sits on the boards of several pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and has lectured on food and drug law issues and a wide variet y of legal and policy issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry. He served as a Director of Osi Pharmaceuticals Inc. from June 14, 2006 to June 3, 2010. He served as a Director of Biovest Corp. I from March 8, 2010 to March 2013. He served as a Director of CV Therapeutics from 2001 to 2009. He served as Director of Gilead Palo Alto, Inc. since May 2001 and Pilot Therapeutics Holdings Inc. since January 2000. He served as Director of NeuroMedix Inc. until May 2007. He served as a Director of Constella Group, Inc. (also known as Constella Group, LLC) since November 16, 2005. Mr. Costa served as Director of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. from 1995 to May 22, 2007. He served as Director of Quintiles Transnational Corp. from April 1994 to June 2001. He served as a Director of Glaxo Inc. He served as a Director of Ribapharm Inc. since 2003. He is a Member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the New York Bar and the Ohio Bar. Mr. Costa is an adjunct professor in the clinical research program at the Campbell University School of Pharmacy. He holds a B.S. in Pharmacy from St. John's University in 1968 and a Juris Doctor from St. John’s University in 1971.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 11 2014, 03:54 PM
  Quote Post

30c for Fonda and now around 17c (70m) for a phase 3 and a bunch of other goodies - how cheap is that!

THat was posted on HC.

The answer is, so cheap someone will buy it at that price.

Why else would they put the drongo in as CEO?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 9 2013, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

Theres the money grab by Drongo et.al. AGM to be on the 11th of Nov.

Therefore, I do not expect anything to materialize here until Drongo and Co. have filled their fill.

Only other scenario is a takeover prior.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

plastic
post Posted: Oct 4 2013, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rubra's post @ Jul 15 2013, 10:12 AM

Is this where he redeems himself? Looks like his masters have thrown him a bone. Good price movement recently.

--------------------

rubra
post Posted: Jul 15 2013, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jun 16 2013, 09:33 AM

lookout below

drongo is in charge

pennies for acl holders
more for the cronies

plastic
post Posted: Jun 16 2013, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

The current shareprice malaise suggests Drona is weaving his AVX magic at ACL.

Expect a takeout for pennies.

I see a new company on the horizon getting these assets. A nice name for it would be Oncology Research International Limited (ORIL). Or maybe SGEN would be interested.

--------------------

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Apr 27 2013, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Apr 26 2013, 07:11 PM

Aren't these the same bio-dollars that AZ is paying to Moderna in a deal that you hail as the deal of the century for most advanced technology around? Yet suddenly now that AZ is dealing with ACL these same bio-dollars "will never appear", and you expect ACL shareholders to swallow this. Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

65 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING