Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

KGM, KALNORTH GOLD MINES LIMITED
surfer
post Posted: Aug 21 2013, 05:45 PM
  Quote Post

Another minor gold stock on the skids although iron mountain seems interested in it as they have Been buying up a bit of KGM lately. Might have a small punt at it.

surfer
post Posted: Oct 23 2012, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

Large volume of shares going through today. Over 1.4 million of them.?

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Oct 22 2012, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

Company name updated -

To: KALNORTH GOLD MINES LIMITED (KGM)

Regards, ShareScene.com

arty
post Posted: Aug 16 2012, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Aug 16 2012, 12:40 PM

thanks wren,

I hadn't dug back into Ancient History; guess she's feeling a little less ebullient now.
What strikes me most here is the absence of any member posts in contrast to extensive company presentations.
(Of course, being "promoted" by hc speaks volumes by itself. As do the charts.)

What would be the next step: Cap raising? or fishing for a take-over?

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wren
post Posted: Aug 16 2012, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 16 2012, 12:35 PM

arty,
Perhaps this post from Di in Feb. 2011 gives you confidence............

"I'll bet the poor schmuk who sold his shares at 46c is feeling very unhappy. Such a blatant manipulation is indicative that things are about to move at Carrick and someone wanted in much cheaper than 56c. Toads!"

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Aug 16 2012, 12:35 PM
  Quote Post

Did anyone else receive today's email from "Seismic Research" (via hc weirdsmiley.gif ) about CRK being a "speculative buy"?

Cash burn: $16M p.a
Cash left in the kiddy: $3M

I would agree about "speculative" being the operative word alright. But others might have a different opinion.
weekly chart:

Attached Image

daily chart:

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Featured Stock Stories

surfer
post Posted: May 27 2011, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

Carrick up nearly 11% today with good volume.Could be some good news coming.

triage
post Posted: Mar 29 2011, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

A case of going backwards to go forwards?

It is not too long ago that Carrick stated that they intended to be in production in calendar 2011. Seeing as they don't own a plant and have no current plans to build one the general assumption was that they intended to have some of their ore toll treated through one of the five operating plants that are in the general area of Carrick's tenements.

Then when the new CEO came on board they started talking about production starting sometime in the 2011-12 financial year, in other words by the end of June 2012.

Now, in today's announcement, the word is that they will have a mining operation underway within a 2 year time frame. So now they're shooting for the end of March 2013. It seems to suggest that the CEO, John McKinstry, is not ruling out that they hold back until they have their own plant.

But I suppose it is a good thing that he has brought in an exploration manager with some pedigree and I like how he has set himself some sort of deadline. Mr McKinstry wants to go back and look at the resources figures, look to see if he can upgrade some of the existing inferred resources and conduct a "significant" amount of new drilling and he undertakes to report back to the market by the end of June.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

diana
post Posted: Feb 22 2011, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

I'll bet the poor schmuk who sold his shares at 46c is feeling very unhappy. Such a blatant manipulation is indicative that things are about to move at Carrick and someone wanted in much cheaper than 56c. Toads!
R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

diana
post Posted: Dec 17 2010, 11:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 7 2010, 11:10 AM

Carrick have never been great with keeping the market informed ... pretty useless in that department really. However, they do get on with whatever their focus is which has been finding gold. Now for the next move which will be generating cashflow from production. Must be news coming now by the look of the SP. Weird price action today.
R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING