Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

989 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Today, 08:18 AM
  Quote Post

When Trump first took office he took a trip to Asia for different reasons. On the way back, he stopped at the ASEAN conference in the Philippines without any reason to be in attendance. Qanon stated it was for God and country. He met with Jacinda and Winston who afterwards, gave a press conference stating, while grinning like Cheshires, that they were going to change capitalism.

Well, so far, nothing much has happened.

He's got just three days left to change capitalism if he's gonna do it. Good luck is all I can say.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Jan 11 2021, 08:33 AM
  Quote Post

The greatest biotech conflab of them all is to be held this week and it looks as though BLT has got nothing to say for themselves.
https://ir.benitec.com/news-events/press-releases
ddRNAi is dead it would seem.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 8 2021, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

With the advent of all these vaccines and more to come there still has been no licencing deal announced with IP owners. I am not referring to just Moderna or Pfizer. There is the Russian one, the Chinese one and the Oxford and Astra Zeneca one with more to come. I don't buy the argument they are all proprietary. I am sure some aspect of each one is inlicenced from somewhere.
I have not seen any statement from JP Morgan on valuations for these companies being readjusted due to vaccine revenues. I am now wondering if they have held back on something and are going to release details of some transaction around the IP in time for their conference next week. It leaves just a few days.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 8 2021, 09:21 AM
  Quote Post

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 4, 2021-- Moderna, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNA), a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today announced that CEO Stéphane Bancel will present an update on the Company and its pipeline of mRNA development programs at this year’s 39th annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference.

Mr. Bancel’s presentation will take place virtually on Monday, January 11th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. ET. A live webcast will be available under “Events and Presentations” in the Investors section of the Moderna website at investors.modernatx.com. A replay of the webcast will be archived on Moderna’s website for 90 days following the presentation.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 7 2021, 08:33 AM
  Quote Post

Dirk pumping up NVAX because they are the opening show at the JPM conference next week. He neglects to mention there is more than one room for companies to present at, especially since its a virtual conference, and ALNY is holding their presentation at exactly the same time. First slot on Monday morning.
The strange thing for me though, is ALNY hasn't had anything to do with covid. Not said a thing about it, but the vaccine is a sirna based drug and ALNY are supposed to be the leaders in this field.
Don't know if BNTC is presenting or not.

Dirk Haussecker@RNAiAnalyst·7h$NVAX is pretty much kicking off THE JP Morgan Healthcare conference. Not some random slot when delegates have tuned away....

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 6 2021, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

If there should be something coming during JPMorgan's conference, then you can put anything Citigroup related on a death watch. And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 5 2021, 09:10 PM
  Quote Post

Something usually happens in time for this so the parties involved can have the biotech world's eyes and ears on the matter.
ALNY to give a presentation first thing Monday AM.

https://www.bio.org/events/bio-partnering-jpm/registration

J.P. Morgan 39th Annual Healthcare Conference (#JPM2021) will begin onMonday, 11 Januaryand ends onThursday, 14 January

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 3 2021, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

An incredibly fascinating and interesting interview. This woman is one of the most successful investment managers around. Here, she interviews with an Australian journo and talks about things that are happening in Australia in the banking sector. Seldom do I believe these types of things are nothing more than puff pieces serving some form of marketing or ego massage. In this case, I don't doubt it may be part of a marketing campaign but no way is it an ego massage.

She talks about the five emerging technology platforms being overlaid into each other and the dynamics and scale of the change they can make.

I'm not sure it is anything new to a BLT follower but when she is talking about multi trillion dollar market caps, high growth and existing post IPO opportunities then for my money that brings BLT into sharp focus.

If the different platforms are intertwined with each other and other industries and banks are going to be disrupted, then it paves the way for a technology led keiretsu business model as I have advocated all along. Wouldn't be surprised if all the Au. biotechs got bought out by a single party like ALNY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_AAmLpwR8&t=40s

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 31 2020, 06:13 PM
  Quote Post

Let's not forget that the big spike in BLT all those years ago now was in the first trading week of a new year. Possibly the first trading day. In the US at least. Fingers crossed something similar happens next week because so far, biotech is just plain dire.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 30 2020, 04:12 AM
  Quote Post

What a racket. Quite disgusting in actuality.
Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.

Grants of Executive Stock Options. On December 9, 2020, the Compensation Committee (the “Committee”) of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Benitec Biopharma Inc. (the “Company”) approved the grant to each of Dr. Jerel Banks, Chief Executive Officer, and Megan Boston, Executive Director, of nonqualified stock options (the “Executive Options”) to purchase 284,345 and 142,172 shares, respectively, of the Company’s common stock pursuant to the Company’s 2020 Equity and Incentive Compensation Plan (the “Plan”). The Executive Options were granted at an exercise price of $2.98 per share, which equals the closing price of the Company’s common stock on December 9, 2020. The Options will become vested and exercisable in three substantially equal installments on each of the first three anniversaries of the grant date, subject to the applicable executive’s continued service with the Company through the applicable vesting date. Upon the occurrence of a Change in Control (as defined in the Plan) any unvested portion of the Executive Options will become fully-vested and exercisable.

Grants of Stock Options to Non-Employee Directors. Also on December 9, 2020, the Committee recommended that the Board approve, and the Board approved, the grant of nonqualified stock options (the “Director Options”, and together with the Executive Options, the “Options”) to purchase the Company’s common stock to each of the Company’s non-employee directors, J. Kevin Buchi, Edward Smith, and Peter Francis pursuant to the Plan. Each of the Company’s non-employee directors was granted Director Options to purchase 23,601 shares. The Director Options were granted at an exercise price of $2.98 per share, which equals the closing price of the Company’s common stock on the grant date. The Director Options will become vested and exercisable in three substantially equal installments on the day prior to each of the Company’s next three annual stockholder meetings occurring immediately following the grant date, subject to the applicable non-employee director’s continued service with the Company through the applicable vesting date. Upon the occurrence of a Change in Control any unvested portion of the Director Options will become fully-vested and exercisable.

--------------------

989 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING