Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

103 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

EPY, E-PAY ASIA LIMITED
Costa
post Posted: Mar 15 2007, 05:04 PM
  Quote Post

A good interview on Boardroom radio with EPY for whoever is interested key points:

1) They are looking to enter 4 provinces in China by the end of the year (the strategy to break China up into segments due to the size and market.

2) It sounds as though they are already in discussions with another potential JV for entry into the Indian market following the end of negotiations with ECharge.

3) There was nothing in the interview to indicate trading has been slow / negative, alternatively comments were made to the fact trading is continuing to be strong.

As I have said before, long term this should be a good investment but for the short term traders I am unable to make any comments as to where the price will be in 6 months or so.

RADIO
post Posted: Mar 15 2007, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHARESCENE TV: Sharemarket Video Updates 6 Times a Day + Regular Broker Interviews + Educational Video Tutorials. Check out this site's very popular new feature.
Click here to Visit ShareScene TV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (08/03/2007 12:30:00):
EPY - 2006 Full Year Results - Mr Jack Tan, Director and Company Secretary

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

sharedude
post Posted: Mar 9 2007, 02:20 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Costa on Tuesday 27/02/07 05:40pm

Thanks Costa,

I pretty much agree with everything you've said here but there seems to be a slight irregularity with the last report. Simon Loh got a tonne of shares for a profit of only $6m. He was supposed to get parcels on a pro-rata basis on profit above $4m I think and he got some 72m shares. unsure.gif

We'll see how the India/China project goes, until then I'm keeping my chequebook in my pocket! blink.gif

Cheers

--------------------
[i]I've told you all a hundred million billion times: don't exaggerate![/i]

Costa
post Posted: Feb 27 2007, 05:40 PM
  Quote Post

A predictable full year announcement following the profit downgrade issued earlier in the month. I do not see the SP going anywhere until further news in relation to India / China is issued.

On the positive side Simon Loh announced trading is remaining strong and they are optimistic anout the current years trading. Also, he advised they expect to enter both India / China this year which in my opinion could have a significant impact in the medium - long term. Also, the dividend is 1.36cps versus the prospectus forecast of 1cps.

The first quarters trading statement for FY2007 will be the indication of whether EPY has managed to recover from the "one off" flooding which occured in Malaysia in Dec 06.

Costa
post Posted: Feb 1 2007, 10:19 PM
  Quote Post

A disappointing finish to what was looking like being an extremely good year for EPY. While natural disasters cannnot be controlled, hopefully EPY sees the impact the floods had and tries to minimise the potential impact should this occur in the future.

I do struggle to see how what was looking like a profit of AUD 8mm can decrease of AUD 6mm due to 30% of Malaysia being impacted for only one month? I also wonder what ongoing impact the floods will have - that is, whether consumers shifted towards the older scratch top ups during the floods as EPY's technology was unavailable?

A couple of encouraging points were the comments all regions not effected by the flooding met trading expectations, as well as the fact the Directors have agreed to pay a dividend based on a profit of AUD 7mm - a sign they are confident the last quarters trading is a one-off event and going forward EPY should have good profitability.

If they were going to get down to a profit of AUD 6mm it would nearly be best to have a lower profit so there is less share dilution in terms of the shares to be issued to Simon Loh!

Costa
post Posted: Jan 16 2007, 05:05 PM
  Quote Post

Sharedude,

Apologies for any confusion - I was referring to around a 250% increase in shareprice (from when it was around 19cents earlier in the year). Although hopefully the result will be up 250% also!

sharedude
post Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:58 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Costa on Monday 15/01/07 05:41pm

Costa,

Just wondering how you know the figure will be 250% increase on 2006. It certainly makes sense. I think my grapevine is dead so if you don't mind I'll try and eavesdrop in on yours. Datum also made some good comments on a previous post about scrip offers and the like and although there is some rampant euphoria starting with respect to EPY, there is still quite a bit of this story to be told considering a great deal of large holders are in at 20c.

Be that as it may, a successful launch into India and China will open the floodgates and maybe us small holders can make a few bucks as well (even ex-SKG holders) smile.gif , but I'm still sitting on quite a good profit and for at least the short term as I have a good quantity sitting aside collecting dust and value biggrin.gif

Cheers

--------------------

Costa
post Posted: Jan 15 2007, 05:41 PM
  Quote Post

A very nice run over the past week which is no doubt in anticipation of the full year results which are to be released shortly. Up around 250% from early 2006 so can't complain.

sharedude
post Posted: Jan 12 2007, 08:54 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Costa on Monday 08/01/07 07:32am

Thanks Costa and good luck to all fellow traders on this stock. I'm looking quite happy at 60.5% up in 10 months.....so far so good! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Costa
post Posted: Jan 8 2007, 07:32 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Datum,

Good to see a few more posts on EPY - and some very good points you have made.

First of all, you are correct in starting in was not an IPO but rather a reverse takeover (the assets EPY acquired as part of the takeover relating to the internet business have now been sold off - leaving the core mobile / electronic top-up business to focus on).

However, I think you have to be very careful associating EPY with SKG with the only association being EPY using SKG as a cheaper way of listing on the ASX / AIM sharemarkets. A number of companies currently listing on the ASX are the result of listings via companies which have previously listed and failed, and are effectively shell companies. As mentioned above the EPY business now has sold off all of the SKG business, and the original shareholders are now for all practical purposes shareholders of an entirely new company.

That said, as you mentioned there are inevitably SKG shareholders sitting on large losses which is and will continue to influence the share price movement of EPY. While EPY may have obtained some benefits via a reverse takeover (i.e., saving considerable listing costs), they have inherited some dirty laundry the impact of which should not be underestimated. At times I have wondering why EPY didn't go for a clean listing, and if they had done so what the shareprice would be today.

Anyway, good to get some discussion going. EPY does not constitute a large percentage of my portfolio but I have enjoyed following them to date and will be interested to see how things go. As I have previously mentioned the full year results / 2007 forecasts will be very important in terms of direction for the coming year. It would have to be classified as a risky stock, but given it already has a proven strong cash flow record to some extent negates this risk.

DTH - EPY have already announced earnings FY 2006 are expected to exceed AUD7mm so the vendor (Simon Loh) will definately received the deferred consideration of AUD 14.5mm. This has been well publicised so should not come as a surprise to most shareholders.

103 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING