Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

BKW, BRICKWORKS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 04:46 PM
  Quote Post

Brickworks fining the present environment tough

In response to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic:
We have reduced production to control stock levels.
In the United States we have used this opportunity to accelerate plant rationalisation activities that were already planned.
Since the start of the year, we have let go over 200 employees. These redundancies represent around 10% of our workforce, and an annualised
reduction in our cost base of around $20 million.
We have delayed all non-contracted capital spend indefinitely.
During the past two months we have accelerated various initiatives across the Group, including digital sales and marketing efforts, new product development and online training and development programs.
We are re-assured by the response of Governments in Australia and the United States ... both have indicated that construction is integral to the post COVID-19 recovery.
we believe that the construction and housing sectors will emerge as one of the stronger and more resilient sectors within the economy.
note this construction sector is only about 30% of BKW , with SOL holding and Industrial Property Trust the rest

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 09:42 AM
  Quote Post

"We are encouraged by order intake levels, which have been progressively increasing over the past four months. If this trend continues, the current downturn is likely to be the shortest I have experienced in the past 30 years.”
Lindsay Partridge, CEO, Brickworks Ltd

“In Australia the combination of the residential market returning to growth from FY21, and increasing levels of infrastructure spend, have resulted in forecasters predicting a relatively strong outlook in the medium term.”
Ross Taylor, CEO, Fletcher Building Ltd

“Home loan activity rebounded strongly in the first quarter of FY20, with interest rate cuts and an active property market driving record mortgage volume.”
David Bailey, CEO, Australian Finance Group

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 23 2017, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

Brickworks chief executive Lindsay Partridge has one message for the politicians threatening to tinker with negative gearing and other housing policies: "Just leave it alone".

Construction companies like Brickworks and Boral are beneficiaries of the east coast housing boom, which is now a hot political issue in Canberra because young people in Sydney and Melbourne can no longer afford to buy a home.

However, Partridge says increasing supply is one solution to the problem. He says if the federal government starts playing around with tax concessions to cool housing prices it would sap confidence in the construction industry without solving the affordability issue.

"The thing about the housing industry is that it is cyclical and the idea is not to do anything silly that scares the horses and puts it into a lull that is not required. Just let it build up and eventually it will rectify itself. We had a lot of policies in New South Wales in the early part of the last decade, which really destroyed the rate of home construction," Partridge warns.

"They should just leave it alone." he says, calling on the NSW and Victorian government to release more land to give young home owners a chance to get onto the property ladder.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/brand/chanticleer

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 1 2012, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

My last scan of the year suggested BKW might make another bounce:
[scan] suggests Long: [condition 1] OK 5 days ago. MACD Speed x zero on the last day.

Assuming it isn't just window dressing, if I saw this setup on any other day, I'd expect an entry around the current price to have a good chance of leading to a profitable trade.

Attached Image

Looking back over the longer-term "Investment"-style chart (weekly), we find the equivalent setup in late September, confirming the earlier sequence of signals on the above Daily, which I missed because I'd taken some time off.

Attached Image

The current setup now indicates support at a "strong" rebound level (above Fib 61.8%) after a regulation retracement; even if I held a long position from September, I'd now consider topping up.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

cloggs
post Posted: Apr 29 2010, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

Not a lot of posting on this company. It was 'stock of the week' in The Bull. I've been reading up on it for a few days and wonder whether anyone has any opinions, good or bad, about it.

daggie
post Posted: Sep 25 2009, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 25 2009, 09:46 AM

Yes, the same here, bought 40 shares - why didn't I buy 10 only??? Never mind, not a big outlay, will monitor the situation accordingly. All the best.

Featured Stock Stories

henrietta
post Posted: Sep 25 2009, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 25 2009, 09:46 AM

Hi mullokintyre

Me too. They do, of course, reserve the right to reject or limit. Still looks like a deal to me.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 25 2009, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: daggie's post @ Sep 25 2009, 08:58 AM

The Spp is not linked to the number of shares held.
Bought 30 shares yesterday and will review when it gets closer to the record date.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

daggie
post Posted: Sep 25 2009, 08:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: influxweb's post @ Oct 13 2004, 12:04 PM

There is no interest in BKW - it seems. No posts for long, long time.
BKW has announced a SPP yesterday. Any opinions????

influxweb
post Posted: Oct 13 2004, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

Brickworks now broken its uptrend!
Andrew

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING