Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

SCT, SCOTT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 13 2020, 11:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 13 2020, 09:35 PM

Here on SS, there is actually a NZ thread, for NZX companies; that's where I found it. (FORUMS, then to right NZX not ASX on left). It's not a well curated list.

And yes, I hesitated to post for fear the deluded one would claim ownership.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 13 2020, 09:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 13 2020, 08:11 PM

SCT on ASX is Scout Security.
I resume SCT as in Scott Technology is on the new Zealand exchange.
perhaps just for once, Plastic might be able to provide some useful information??
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: May 13 2020, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

Came across this, Covid-19 is affecting food production, especially in USA

Only a handful of companies manufacture meat-processing robots. This list includes:

- KUKA (KUKAY), a German company owned by a Chinese parent company
Yaskawa Electric Co. (YASKY), based in Japan
- ABB Automation Co., part of Switzerland-based ABB Group (ABB)
- FANUC Corp. (FANUY), a Japan-based robotics company

The largest protein-processing company in the world is Brazil-based JBS S.A. (JBSAY). It produces factory processed beef, pork, and lamb. Its US operations are overseen by JBS USA Holdings Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary. JBS is a vertically integrated meat producer, which means it handles the entire process from farm to freezer.

In 2015, JBS completed a deal where it purchased a 50.1% controlling interest in Scott Technology. The investment brings the technology in house. And this will enable JBS to expand the use of automated meat processing across its 150 plants worldwide. JBS said it will provide the capital needed for Scott to scale up its production.

JBS has sufficient idle capacity at its Brazilian and Australian plants to export meat to the US to close any shortage gaps. JBS looks set to raise its sales to meet global protein demand. Its acquisition of Scott will accelerate the use of meat-processing robots, and that will lower costs and raise efficiency, which should boost profits

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
SCOTT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

Code:
SCT

Website
http://www.scott.co.nz/

Lizard
post Posted: May 26 2008, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

The acquisition of Rocklabs by SCT should create a little more interest in SCT, given the leverage to the current resource boom. Would be nice to see it also add to the liquidity. Internet running too slow today to be able to check previous announcements and crunch numbers, but I intend to have a look soon.

I sometimes wonder whether if the market "crashed" it would actually be possible for any volume of internet-trading clients to get orders placed...either by coincidence or consequence, I suspect either the trading sites or perhaps the entire internet would become either unaccessible or accessible only at the most tedious of speeds.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING