Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

HOT, HOTCOPPER HOLDINGS LIMITED
albertnumajira
post Posted: Aug 21 2019, 05:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 7 2019, 03:28 PM

howdy Blk Sheep,

I was kicked out of Hot Copper for continuing to name and shame those on stocks who would bash down a stock apparently it is the norm and whispers have it that certain moderators are in on it as well protecting many from inside walls that are called out and found out to be part of a certain rat pack so to speak, I haven't been back to HC because of their pedantic attitudes its a crap hole, recently a friend of who posts there was given a suspension of the back of copying another posters post word for word he got moderated and the other poster post wasn't, my mate said if he didn't live in Melbourne he would be bashing the door down Jags office and threatening legal action for being discriminated against for such a mediocre post.

cheers

Albert

plastic
post Posted: Aug 13 2019, 08:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 7 2019, 03:28 PM

Thats interesting. In NZ another chat forum set up shop and seemed to be doing Ok. I don't know how long ago it started but for me it was a recent discovery. Now, all of a sudden its off line and has been for about a week or more. It was if someone just pulled the plug. I wonder if the space is a little bit hot at the moment and competition is unwelcome.

You have to think that if the market mandarins wish to have control of the message giving the little people a soap box to stand on is not what they want unless its their soap box.

https://www.fatportfolio.com/

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 7 2019, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

There’s a gap in the stocks chat market that Hot Copper missed – and the new players are jumping in
Interestingly, Stocks in Play is founded by former Hot Copper man Tony Cunningham, who bought a stake in the stocks chat forum back in 1995 from founder Ron Gully.

Cunningham, who is also founder of Perth-based CPS Capital, sold out of Hot Copper in 2016 and has now launched Stocks in Play, which is growing quickly.

But Hot Copper managing director Jag Sanger isn’t worried about the competition.

Jag''s still relying on his huge MEMBERSHIP to bring home HC's bacon. That membership is includes members who have multiple accounts.

" there isn’t a single stock chat service, as you put it, in Australia that is even at 1 per cent of our size.”

Size isn't everything rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 30 2019, 11:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pendragon's post @ Jul 28 2019, 09:15 AM

LOL. I have multiple identities on HC

Good to see you're helping HC to remain the #1 stock forum with the most members biggrin.gif I reckon if you were able to identify ALL the members who had multiple nics there you could cut their membership is half.

I had ONE nic - told them to close my account yet my account shows I was "suspended". I guess they don't like to declare how many requests for cancellation they receive - not a good look. They probably still count me as a member though.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2019, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 27 2019, 11:19 PM

On borrowed time, IMHO
another example of interim technology.

(Or, "sell Billabong when dad starts wearing it" )

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Pendragon
post Posted: Jul 28 2019, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 27 2019, 11:19 PM

LOL. I have multiple identities on HC so while one is suspended I can keep posting with my alter ego.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 27 2019, 11:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 27 2019, 08:12 PM

Yep - we've all got a HC story. biggrin.gif

I hear they are welcoming back all those they previously suspended. Readership/posting not what it used to be. Pump teams only ones left. Twitter is taking a lot of business away from them. On borrowed time, IMHO

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jul 27 2019, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

Shawn be blowed. Slaughtered more like. If anyone wants to make a case for why HC is the place to avoid, one only need to look at my hobby horse; BLT. The incessant pumptard on HC does nothing but pump this thing up despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary of every word uttered by him. Nevertheless HC allows it despite being in contravention of the T&C's half the time. The only reason it can happen though is because he's on payroll.

HC is the perfect example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 27 2019, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 26 2019, 10:15 AM

HotCopper's investments to 1H19 were down 30 per cent

One can only wonder how low the investments are of the lemmings that followed their investment advice lmaosmiley.gif HC - a place where sheep go to get shawn

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 26 2019, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 18 2019, 11:25 AM

another Fin Review spread on Hot Copper and it's revenue model
how ASX-listed sharemarket forum HotCopper was often used by "dark ops investor relations advisers and pump-and-dump operators" to promote stocks the posters had no intention of holding for long to unwary punters at the best possible price

HotCopper's investments to 1H19 were down 30 per cent. Perhaps it should have been going short ...

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  blacksheep  

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING