Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

MVP, MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 21 2019, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

numbers from Medical Development MVP, announced today:
- Gross revenue up 19.3% (compared to FY18) to $21.38 million
- Net revenue up 19.6% to $20.88 million
- Net profit after tax up 327% to $1.04 million
- Operating expenses grew 8% due to marketing and insurance costs as well as employee share payments
- Earnings per share up 293% to 1.61 cents
- Final dividend of 2 cents per share (fully franked), taking total dividend per share for FY19 to 4 cents
- Net tangible asset backing per share (as of June 30 2019) at 5.6 cents, up from negative 17.9 cents at the end of FY18.

Medical Developments reported that sales of its flagship Penthrox medicine grew 47% overall, with a 32% rise in Australian sales and a 68% rise in UK sales. Penthrox is yet to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but hopes to gain approval by the 2023 financial year, pending further trials.

Meanwhile, sales of Respiratory Medical Devices grew 62% in the US market, 111% in the Asian market and 9% in the Australian market, but were down 53% in the UK/EU, leading to an overall decline of 5%. The company hopes to reverse its UK/EU declines during FY20.

Outlook for MVP
MVP reiterated its goal to make Penthrox the “mainstream analgesic of choice around the world”. Over the coming year, the company expects to complete the rollout of Penthrox in Europe as well as Asian and Middle Eastern markets, whilst progressing with its pending approvals in the US market as well as the Chinese market.

Advancing work on “producing other analgesic and pharmaceutical products using the intellectual property that is our new manufacturing process” remains part of MVP’s long-term plans, as well as consolidating and growing Respiratory Device sales in “the USA, Europe and elsewhere”.
- but basically hasn't done too much on the share price, since 2016; stubbornly sub $5 still

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 10 2017, 07:09 PM
  Quote Post

in 2016, MYP received approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration to sell a range of its Anti-Static Space Chamber devices, which can be used to help manage asthma and COPD. The group's respiratory products are now sold in more than 7000 US pharmacies.

MVP recently gained full insurance reimbursement from every US healthcare fund, which has opened the company to nationwide chains.

Now, the biotechnology company has a deal with the world's largest retailer Walmart to supply at least two products from its range of respiratory devices to all of the 4600 Walmart pharmacies. The products will be supplied through pharmaceutical distributor, McKesson Corp. ​Another two products will be supplied to 2100 Walmart stores in the initial rollout. It also announced a similar deal with US Kmart, which operates 1000 pharmacies.

"We expect that respiratory business to grow four-fold over the next few years. We expect after-tax profits to reach over $10 million plus over next three years. This is an important part of our business," said the CEO John Sharman. "It is not every day that an Australian company achieves ranging of product with Walmart," he said. "We have a world-class respiratory device product range and we have a significant price advantage over competitor products in the USA. We are confident our USA business will deliver the expected sales growth in the months to come."

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 2 2016, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: oracle's post @ Nov 10 2008, 02:33 PM

of late, MVP is very much a Most Valuable Player. from $1.50 at start 2015 to $6.50 recently. Even paying a dividend 2c ff.

the Penthrox story finally seems to be a success after a long period building awareness; it has now got regulatory and marketing approval across Europe; plus looking to go to the USA. Enhanced manufacturing process cutting costs.

A second string to their bow - medical devices - is still early days. Bought Avita AVT local respiratory business Breath-a-Tech

Market cap $360mill, little debt; PE is astronomical
........ EPS ... DPS
2015 .. 2.6 ... 0
2016 .. 3.9 ... 3.0
2017 ..
7.3 ... 4.1

--------------------

oracle
post Posted: Nov 10 2008, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

Well this has been a slow motion train wreck....to say the least... but things are now in place for a sustained move IMO.

As mentioned at the agm there are three possible important announcements coming possibly by the end of the year - sales to Saudi, FDA clearance for vet sales into the US and inclusion of Penthrox in doctors bags under the PBS. All would be significant events.

Profitable, no debt, good cashflows - everything you want to see in the current market and a plausible growth story.

Reinstating the buyback and strong director buying points I think to little downside at these levels.

Well worth another look for the thrill seeker!

Cheers

--------------------
oracle

hodderp
post Posted: Aug 24 2007, 07:45 AM
  Quote Post

Some strange action yesterday with it dropping to 45 cents then up again to 51.
Anyone know what has happened to the US audit and sales to the Gulf ?

sh0950
post Posted: Jul 23 2007, 11:17 AM
  Quote Post

Up 9% against the trend. Any clues??

oracle
post Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:28 AM
  Quote Post

Consistent director buying is giving the punters a big heads up IMO.

--------------------
oracle

oracle
post Posted: May 30 2007, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crystal on Tuesday 10/04/07 09:17am

Have been forced to take another look at MVP as the SP has well and truly fallen out of bed (in fact, fallen out of bed, rolled across the room, out onto the landing and is poised rather precariously at the top of the stairs).

The half year was a cracker and full of bullish prognostications, however maybe the result contained a bit more pipline stuffing into the new applications rather than hard repeat orders - no idea, just speculating. Changing of the guard in theCEO's chair never helps sentiment and it always takes the new arrival time to settle in, but that period should be well and truly over by now. Director buying on market recently could be a sign that the business is ok - but may not.

On balance I think things are taking a little longer than expected and maybe the market is anticipating a small(ish) capital raising to firm up the balance sheet and provide funding o accelerate overseas expansion.

--------------------
oracle

crystal
post Posted: Apr 10 2007, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

MVP

Yes oracle well of its highs ,but a break of 62 ish ,could be significant

mick

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

oracle
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

Cracking half year from MVP.

Penthrox sales up despite no material progress in overseas sales, vindicating the move into other medical applications such as dentistry and vet.
Equipment sales rebounded strongly and margins were maintained.

Annualised PE is now 20 and the big stuff (overseas registrations and US vet) havn't kicked in yet. Gulf state sales to kick off late in the second half.

Starting to look like a very interesting fundamental story. Technically still stuck in the mud as it digests the move off the bottom.

Cheers

--------------------
oracle

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING