Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1562 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 > »    

Reply to this topic

NWE, NORWEST ENERGY NL
mosaic1996
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 04:27 PM
  Quote Post

Just to get back into perspective.

P11 is looking very promising.

Whilst I have been critical of what I believe to be overly optimisitc conclusions by KB, I believe that KB:
a) is very sincere, i.e., he believes what he posts.
b) is very generous in that he shares his extensive research.
c) is most likely a really nice guy, and extremely generous person.

Cheers,
Mosaic

mosaic1996
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 04:19 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Bazza @ Tuesday 14/10/08 03:13pm)

Hi Bazza,
I reckon your too late to stop this from happening in this particular forum Mosaic

Good point.

It is perhaps a question of the best way forward which is a much tougher question.

In my opinion, averaging down is not the best option, as there are many companies with just as compelling stories (some with better prospect IMO). I have used the averaging down approach in the past with varying degrees of success. As a general rule, I have concluded that it is better/safer to diversify rather than increase a position in a position that is under water.

I have posted that NWE is worth holding for P11 and P12 if you already hold it. To some degree, this is based on the assumption that missing out on a sizable move would be more painful than a relatively minor loss from the current low valuiation.

I think that I have posted that NWE is worth a punt if you don't already hold it: in other words it is not a dog. It has reasonable upside, especially from these levels. I was looking at buying prior to P11 when it was in the low $0.06s. In part I decided against taking a posiiton due the fact that I may have bneen accused of downramping NWE to get a position.

Having said that, I don't think that the NWE is so compelling (risk free) that it warrants a really big chunk of one's investment dollars. Some of the blue sky has gone with drilling of Wisteria and Cobra.

Cheers,
Mosaic

Bazza
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Tuesday 14/10/08 02:51pm

'they may get caught up in the hype, and invest too much of their hard earnt dollars in a relatively speculative stock in the belief that it is a no brainer."

I reckon your too late to stop this from happening in this particular forum Mosaic

bananabender
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: triage on Tuesday 14/10/08 12:50pm

triage,
All these points are valid but doesn't it overlook the fact that we must have liked the stock in the first place to have bought it, just as we wouldn't pay big bucks for a basketball ticket if baseball was our game? Likewise not holding a stock is the result of a decision in the past - the sentiment comes into play when we try to justify those past decisions in the face of subsequent events .... we all hate to be seen to be wrong! mad.gif

--------------------
Forget percentages... go for multiples!

sirob
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Tuesday 14/10/08 03:21pm

A good response mosaic, I browse this forum for the thoughts and opinions of others and I have found your postings to be informative and educational and not overly negative. Keep up the good work for the appreciative.

Krumbs
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mosaic1996 on Tuesday 14/10/08 03:51pm

Strange thread.

Very noble mosaic. I have done similar at times but am a bit restricted with the day job, for which I am now very appreciative!!

One can have an academic interest in a stock without actually holding. There is a learning objective associated with participation in these forums, and in some cases the outcome may lead to taking a position. That was my personal experience with NWE. In other cases the reverse may apply.

Really, amongst mature(?) adults what does it matter whether a contributor holds or not. It is the quality of the argument that matters, not his or her agenda. As if an individual on a forum like this can significantly influence the price of a stock - it's an absurd proposition in my view.

Great investment - I halved my money, but live in expectation of better things to come.

mosaic1996
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 02:51 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Tuesday 14/10/08 11:08am

why do you spend so much time on a share you have no investment in and probably will never invest in ?

Hi Gulf,

The main reason is because I fear that newbies may be unduly influenced by what I consider to be overly optimistic views on a stock's prospects. In other words, they may get caught up in the hype, and invest too much of their hard earnt dollars in a relatively speculative stock in the belief that it is a no brainer.

I don't think that I have been overly negative on NWE. I am just trying to present what I believe to be a more realistic view of the prospects of the company in the hope that a couple of less experienced investors will not put all their eggs in one basket.

Rightly or wrongly, I believe that I have some expertiese in this area (assessing risk in oil and gas exploration companies = it has cost me quite a few dollars over the years).

I see this as my volunteer work to put a bit back into society hypocrite.gif .

Cheers,
Mosaic

mosaic1996
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JM1 on Tuesday 14/10/08 02:18pm

Hi JM1,

Thursday looks like the AED's preferred announcement day for a weekly report (based on forst 2 progress reports).

Subsequent announcements have been event driven (duster, oil, sidetrack).

So there may be a regular update on a thursday, but we may have to wait for progress point (e.g.,horozontal section completed and about to run tests).

Cheers,
Mosaic

Ice9
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JM1 on Tuesday 14/10/08 02:18pm

JM1,

Maybe they're waiting for a rally before they announce the good news?

lmaosmiley.gif

But seriously, an update can't be far away?

Regards,
Ice

JM1
post Posted: Oct 14 2008, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

when are we expecting the next update on P-11? For some reason, I was expecting it yesterday or today.

1562 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING