Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NAB, NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 2 2019, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

2 October 2019
ASX Announcement
NAB announces additional costs for customer-related remediation and software capitalisation change

National Australia Bank Ltd (NAB) today announced additional charges of $1,180 million after tax
($1,683 million before tax) relating to increased provisions for customer-related remediation and a
change to the application of the software capitalisation policy. This is expected to reduce 2H19
cash earnings by an estimated $1,123 million after tax and earnings from discontinued operations
by an estimated $57 million after tax.

read more - https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20191002/pdf/...46tbvwf86cy.pdf

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=nab

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 3 2019, 11:49 AM
  Quote Post

extract from this article - Call for rules shake-up to avoid 'Enron style' collapses in Australia
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age on Friday revealed that National Australia Bank had confessed serious problems, including the ongoing sale of dud products, to its auditor EY, as part of a review last year.

The revelations, which included evidence of a very close "no surprises" relationship between NAB and EY, sparked an immediate parliamentary inquiry into the management of conflicts of interest between consulting companies and their clients

https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and...52db7.html?btis

OPINION
Time's up for Henry but also the billion-dollar audit club
The latest National Australia Bank scandal has triggered unanimous bipartisan support for a parliamentary inquiry into the potential conflicts of the big audit firms. It is long overdue.

So too is the departure of NAB’s chairman Ken Henry, who needs to reassess whether he should leave now instead of waiting until later this year. The drums are beating louder.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and...802-p52dak.html

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 19 2019, 12:35 PM
  Quote Post

Market seems to like the appointment

Ross McEwan appointed CEO of National Australia Bank
National Australia Bank today announced the appointment of Ross McEwan as Group Chief
Executive Officer and Managing Director.

NAB Chairman-elect Philip Chronican said NAB had secured a senior, global financial services
executive with deep experience in international markets and long-standing knowledge of the
Australian banking environment.

The New Zealand-born, former Australian banking industry executive has been CEO of Royal Bank

Mr McEwan announced his resignation from RBS in April 2019 and will start with NAB once his
obligations to his current employer have been discharged, no later than April 2020. He will be
invited to join the NAB Board at this time. The appointment is subject to regulatory approvals.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: May 2 2019, 05:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 2 2019, 05:33 PM

if there is a bank for me to buy, it will be NAB. imho

their divy still better than ANZ and restructuring pain for NAB nearly over. only thing stopped me to buy it today, is that i think our property down term is far far from over. not sure why those "[rpperty guru" out in force again. unsure.gif don't think it is right time for them to ramping housing market again. anyway, it's just me nipper. i'm really bearish with housing market.

nipper
post Posted: May 2 2019, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

NAB's interim dividend cut has been welcomed by investors as a prudent measure that will allow the troubled bank to pay even more compensation to duped customers while maintaining an “unquestionably strong” capital buffer.

NAB's first-half cash earnings of $2.95 billion, up 7.1 per cent on the previous half and hitting expectations, came with a 16.2 per cent reduction in the interim payout per share to 83¢, from 99¢. This follows surging customer compensation bills after the Hayne inquiry, and is the first time NAB has cut its dividend in five years.

“We recognise the importance of the dividend to our 600,000 shareholders, but we’ve felt the need to rebase [it], to provide greater flexibility to accommodate any potential future headwinds, including any further customer remediation that may be required,” acting chief executive and incoming chairman Philip Chronican said.

To show some accountability for failings exposed by the Hayne inquiry, NAB's senior executive leadership team have forfeited deferred pay of $5.5 million, and NAB board members will have fees reduced by 20 per cent.

With former CEO Andrew Thorburn giving up $21 million in unvested bonuses after resigning over a scathing royal commission report, Mr Chronican said he was keen to make a decision on a new CEO within the next five months.

NAB's dividend cut was one of several measures to shore up its balance sheet. NAB is also raising $1.8 billion in fresh capital, via a partially underwritten dividend reinvestment plan, in addition to $750 million of new equity raised over the half via convertible preference shares.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 03:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 8 2019, 03:07 PM

You're welcome. Thought it was a nice tribute to Henry. He had my respect, although I believe he didn't portray himself well at the RC - great pity, great loss to the industry and I'm sure if he had his time again he would have acted differently.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 8 2019, 02:15 PM

Thank for sharing this.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 02:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 7 2019, 08:32 PM

John Hemptons thoughts on the resignations

A quick note on the resignations at the top of National Australia Bank
https://brontecapital.blogspot.com/2019/02/...f.html?spref=tw

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 7 2019, 08:32 PM
  Quote Post

Announced after market closed. Will be interesting to see how market reacts tomorrow

CEO and Chairman to leave NAB
National Australia Bank Chief Executive Officer Andrew Thorburn and Chairman Dr Ken Henry today advised
they would leave the bank.

The NAB Board will initiate a global search process for the CEO role while actively considering a range of
quality internal candidates.

Mr Thorburn will finish at NAB on 28 February 2019.

Dr Henry indicated he would retire from the Board once a new permanent CEO had been appointed.

The Board has asked Philip Chronican, a current NAB Director with extensive domestic banking experience,
to serve as acting CEO effective 1 March (subject to relevant regulatory approvals) until a permanent
appointment is made
Total short positions as at 1/2/19 = 0.63%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=nab
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 8 2018, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

Schedule
Review of the Four Major Banks (Fourth Hearings)
PUBLIC HEARING
Thursday 11 October 2018
9.15 am Commonwealth Bank of Australia
1.15 pm Westpac

Friday 12 October 2018
9.15 am Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited

Friday 19 October 2018
9.15 am National Australia Bank

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Busine...Public_Hearings

--------------------

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING