Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

105 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > »    

Reply to this topic

SMM, SUMMIT RESOURCES LIMITED
HeinzK
post Posted: Jun 2 2006, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

this stock massively overpriced. There is no way they'll be digging that up within the next 5-10 years. QLD will always be anti-uranium unless the Liberals get in.

SA/NT Uranium juniors are the only good investments...I wouldn't touch SMM with a 100ft pole.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Dont take me too seriosuly. I was dropped at birth.

NightStalker
post Posted: Jun 1 2006, 08:39 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wizzkid on Thursday 01/06/06 07:34pm

As mentioned in the post, it was in an Interim Warning Bulletin from the Dines Letter:

I think he has his finger pretty firmly on the pulse over in the USA. The prices we see on uxc, tradetech, kitco, etc are all delayed, and usually don't get altered until Tuesdays (I think).

Watch the appropriate spaces on the above sites over the next few days. Expect the price to go to 46.50 once they change the delayed displays.

Also, a Carmichael's Research report was summarised by Stolwyk on HC tonight:

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_thread.as...=325782#1090869

The full report may be available on the SMM website in the next day or two. Puts the value of SMM at $3.35 - $3.65 per share.

king.gif

--------------------
Regards, NightStalker

Algorithmic trading, and HFT are rendering Technical Analysis null and void.

wizzkid
post Posted: Jun 1 2006, 07:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: NightStalker on Thursday 01/06/06 05:21pm

NightStalker
post Posted: Jun 1 2006, 05:21 PM
  Quote Post

Just in case anyone missed it, the price of uranium U308 jumped yesterday by $3.50 to $46.50 a pound. That's the biggest single jump ever, I think. Could just be the start of the price spike predicted by Dines in the USA ages ago, and it was an Interim Bulletin from him today that alerted me to the price hike.

Could see all uranium stocks creep back onto centre stage over the next few days.....

An 8.14% jump in the U price would not go un-noticed, I would think. lmaosmiley.gif

--------------------
Regards, NightStalker

Algorithmic trading, and HFT are rendering Technical Analysis null and void.

sarah
post Posted: Jun 1 2006, 04:56 PM
  Quote Post

Why do I have a feeling that this Bill Blacklock (bblacklock@summitresources.com.au) is going to be in the s;;t BIG time?

Get ready for all the spam mail if you are on the SMM distribution list.

puke.gif

(*&^%$#@!
post Posted: May 31 2006, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting read...

http://www.goldletterint.com/artikel/SUMMIT_SMU_May06.pdf

misterious
post Posted: May 20 2006, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

Resources may be on a slide in terms of prices peaking etc but surely people can work out that this price slide does not include uranium (sure there is a general sentiment involved)and given the utterings of the Prime Minister and other leaders around the world one would imagine that the rush for uranium would be on----however having said that who knows---I still hold smm in the belief that smm hold a very strategic and very large uranium resource that will undoubtably be accessed sooner or later. Mind you having said that the last week doesn't do alot for the blood pressure.

misterious
post Posted: May 18 2006, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

Burning fossil fuel/climate change and desperate power supply shortage issues are driving the nuclear energy option Worldwide.
Many highly respected organisations, groups and individuals are now saying climate change is the number one issue facing our planet and our survival.
We have future power demand estimates reaching levels current supply simply cannot hope to fulfil.
The argument promoting renewable energy is not founded on reality but rather driven by ideology and prejudice.
A huge percentage of current power supply worldwide comes from fossil fuel driven plants----thus creating huge CO2 emmission problems, ironically Queensland is one of the great suppliers(coal) and supporters of this industry.
Ultimately and inevitably this predicament is leading most logical and realistic administrations to conclude there is little option other than turning to nuclear power----and also ironically it will quite likely be the politically correct option in time.
For those dreamers who don't want either I remind them of that very true one liner "We are all conservationists until the lights go out".
How on earth did Queensland get itself in to the position of opposing uranium mining to protect the States Coal industry, or was it on safety grounds or was it on ideology grounds.
It can't be ideology surely because the same party condoned uranium mining in South Australia----oh that was to secure votes, sorry I forgot about that.
Many are saying and more will say it in the future "They got it the wrong way round". Coal mining, coal exporting,and coal burning is and will be proven to be a greater crime against the planet than mining and exporting uranium.
There is also the small matter of generating huge wealth for Queensland----at the moment being enjoyed by South Australia to the tune of billions of dollars.
I continue to hold smm in the belief that eventially politicians no matter how stupid they are will eventually have to change their mind blowingly ridiculous policy.
The other option I suppose is to throw them out at the next election.

jefftel
post Posted: May 18 2006, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

This one makes for interesting reading, especially The article RE: Pinetree Capital who has a portfolio of 50 Small cap miners and SMM is the only Australian amongst it.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=19877

sarah
post Posted: May 18 2006, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

Anna Bligh, Deputy Premier, Treasurer and Minister for State Development, Trade and Innovation (Queensland) and the anointed future leader, is playing the political survival card.

With this invitation she is leaving the door open for the Uranium industry to prove and dismiss safety concern and apply for to Qld. Government for approval to proceed with U mining in Qld.
----------------------------------------------------

Thursday May 18, 01:00 PM
Bligh urges uranium industry to prove safety
Acting Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has challenged uranium miners to use science to convince Australians that their industry is safe.
Ms Bligh has told the Queensland Media Club the Government is seeking clean energy alternatives to fossil fuels.
She says companies that want to explore for and mine uranium must work with scientists to lobby politicians and the public.
"Convincing them that the safety concerns that existed two decades ago, that we are somehow now in a position to resolve them," she said.
"I don't think unless we address that concern and we're out there talking the science and we're out there convincing people, frankly I think it's going to be some time in this country before we will see uranium being mined [in Queensland]."

105 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING