Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

261 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLS, TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED
early birds
post Posted: Oct 16 2020, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM

about Iphone12

==============
Six questions to ask before you buy the new iPhone 12

https://www.afr.com/technology/six-question...20201016-p565n8

========================

if one of you try please your young kids to buy one , then look at this link for the second or third ....opinion !!! tongue.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 15 2020, 08:25 AM

Yo EB, maybe the punters are wating for the Milimetre wave %G technology.
It is available on the newly released Apple Iphone 12 in the USA, but the telcos here in OZ are waiting on the MM wave spectrum auctions due some time next year.
ZDNET 5G Auction
Not sure why we have to wait till then, I guess it highlights the inability of govt burecrats to multitask.
Min, I am not sure if the 12 will be such a big hit.
It does however, have a new exciting ceramic coated glass screen, which apple says will greatly reduce the number of cracked screens.
Yea, sure.
The new Iphone 12 is almost identical to the Iphone 5, but now comes without a charger or earphones, and the base model will set you back 1200.
The Iphone 12 Max pro will set you back almost $1,900.
I guess the FOMO milllenials will snap em up.
Like you, I am in telstra for the long haul.
I bet the vast majority of OZ folks have no idea just how revolutionary 5GMW might be.
The only thing that will screw it is the vested interests protecting their patch.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 15 2020, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 14 2020, 08:54 AM

going to buy more as i can if it opens under 2.85!! for short term trades or long term investing, at 2.85 with the divy been hold 16cps ff,

not sure why people still sell them at current uncertain time[ on geo --political]??? unsure.gif
5g gonna roll out soon and it is favour to TLS. as we all know!!

early birds
post Posted: Oct 14 2020, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2020/10/14/tel...-covid-circles/

Telstra chairman John Mullen has given shareholders a guarded assurance that the telco is committed to maintaining the 16 cent dividend payment.

The board is acutely aware of the importance of the dividend to shareholders, and we understand the nervousness from some that COVID and other pressures may force Telstra to again cut its dividend.

The board clearly understands the importance of the dividend and if necessary is prepared to temporarily exceed our capital management framework principle of paying an ordinary dividend of 70- 90% of underlying earnings to maintain a 16c dividend.

===========================

historic low interests allow them to do so i guess!! should've see SP go back above 3 bucks soon enough!! imho

early birds
post Posted: Oct 13 2020, 09:21 AM
  Quote Post

ann today, road show will start
and price jumped up nearly 4% [well!!!!!!!!!! at really low base] but still good action,
i really do expecting it go over 3 bucks from valuation point of view!!

i hold stake from cash and cfd's . so my view is really siased !! [ think the stock worth 3.25 at least]

Mags
post Posted: Oct 12 2020, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 12 2020, 10:03 AM

I guess they hope to capitalise on the younger generations thirst for speed and ease of use.

And the complete disaster that NBN is. A total waste of time, money and effort.
I am getting NBN this week, in fact, at a business in a COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL zoned area.
Guaranteed speed? 12mb/s.
My $330 Asus, 4G phone gets 90+, often well over 100mb/s.
5G will end up being most home users connection. 5G will be awesome of 99% of consumers. Only corporate reasons will see the need for landlines, and guess what their fall back option will be anyway? that's right, 4 or 5G.

NBN will almost certainly be 'sold' off to telstra in the future for pennies on the pound.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  mullokintyre  

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 12 2020, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

According to todays OZ, Telstra 5G coverage has hit 40% of National coverage.
They reckon it will cover 75% of the population by June next year.
Should be interesting if as, expected, Pple introduce their 5G phone this week.
TLs have departed from their usual policy of waiting for the devices to come out before rolling out their network.
I guess they hope to capitalise on the younger generations thirst for speed and ease of use.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 22 2020, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 9 2020, 09:44 AM

not sure how long that defence is going to hold, eb ... this will cannibalise the most lucrative bits. A thousand cuts...

NBN Co will slash wholesale enterprise broadband prices and invest $700 million over the next three years, as it ramps up its bid to challenge Telstra as the dominant wholesale business broadband provider.The announcement, a taster of the latest corporate plan to be released on Wednesday, will make its CBD prices available to 700,000 suburban and regional businesses.....

Under this plan, NBN Co will build fibre optic cable out to a business premises free of charge, and then provide its enterprise ethernet plan. All this must be done through a retailer, meaning NBN Co will rely on major providers such as Telstra, Optus and TPG getting on board.
One industry source said most providers apart from Telstra were likely to welcome the move, as it would break the TLS stranglehold on the sector.

Business telco provider Macquarie Telecom welcomed the announcement, calling it a complete turnaround from the detrimental journey tier one telcos had us on before the NBN was introduced and executed. Crucially, the availability of point to point fibre on demand to 85 regional zones will bring greater competition to regional Australia and be the final nail in the coffin for tier ones underserving and overcharging regional businesses that have not had choice of provider, group executive Luke Clifton said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Sep 9 2020, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

market is down, but TLS is showing bit of "defence" nature .

my prediction is wrong as it went to low of 2.82ish. i still think it is good place to park the cash.

i'm biased , as i hold some stakes of TLS !!

nipper
post Posted: Aug 26 2020, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 26 2020, 10:17 AM

patience is a virtue, Mick biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

261 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING