Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

175 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

China the monster.
plastic
post Posted: Oct 17 2020, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

What was the term the Nazi's used before the term concentration camps became the norm? And the justification?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Mags
post Posted: Oct 17 2020, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 17 2020, 10:26 AM

Correct: The Chinese are horrified how poorly the west have handles Sars-CoV2/Corona virus.
Thus, even when the international borders open, the student numbers will never be what they were in 2019.
The world as we knew it in 2019 isn't coming back: We know it, the governments know it. The central banks know it (otherwise why go so hard and so deep on QE??). That the fed's are now commissioning quarantine bases in NT says all we need to know: It's all changed.

nipper
post Posted: Oct 17 2020, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

The Daigou phenomenon; on last legs?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-17/has-...ndemic/12761376
..Even before the pandemic, Chinese consumers were increasingly looking for cheaper and more efficient ways to connect with Australian products. Jeremy Hunt, a former business executive of Swisse, told the ABC that new online platforms had had an overwhelming impact on the daigou model.

For safety concerns, they prefer products produced or stored in China, because parcels may contract COVID 19 during delivery from overseas, one importer said

About 1,000 brick-and-mortar specialty stores catering to this demand are dotted across Australia, but many are now closed...

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 06:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jul 24 2020, 06:28 PM

he must have been effective, to have scored the promotion. Big League indeed. Honed his craft.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

triage
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 24 2020, 06:14 PM

Here's a case of local spook makes good. After playing in the bush leagues in Canberra for a number of years this chappy got called into the big league for the Houston Rockets. Yay!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/chin...tralia/12490040

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

nipper
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 06:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 24 2020, 03:42 PM

tit for tat expulsions .... Pretty normal in the rarified diplomatic world. (sadly)

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/24/china-order...in-chengdu.html

keeps going!! things will getting worse i guess!! weirdsmiley.gif

market got head wings!!

nipper
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 24 2020, 03:30 PM

and not forgetting NAFTA

(One could imagine the captains of industry telling the orange parrot to dial back on the rhetoric?)

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 24 2020, 03:25 PM

I have always thought that it made enormous sense for US companies to shift their manufacturing from Asia to Mexico.
1. The labour costs are extremely low.
2. Relatively stable government.
3.Transport costs are reduced.
4. If there are plentiful jobs available in Mexico, there is less incentive for the Illegal Alien trade.
5. There is less reasons to get involved over the coming stoush re the south china sea.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 24 2020, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

... a pervasive Western decoupling vis vis China across major commercial and national security-sensitive industries is being validated by the day. [This could] take place through a combination of switching to other low cost countries that are more benign from a strategic standpoint (eg, Vietnam, India, and Mexico) and through domestication of supply chains.

A Bank of America survey found that 75 per cent of companies were increasing the scope of their re-shoring plans. BoA says that while each of these stakeholders is examining the location of supply chains from very different perspectives, they are ... arriving at the same conclusion: namely, portions of supply chains should relocate, preferably within national borders and failing that, to countries that are deemed allies.

And the costs of doing so are not as prohibitive as many suppose. The argument against re-shoring has always been made on the grounds of lost efficiency and ruinous costs. ... Our analysis, however, suggests that a US$1 trillion capex cycle, spread over a five year period, would support the shift of all foreign manufacturing in China that is not intended for consumption in China. This would be significant, but not prohibitive.

This will be facilitated by the application of greater automation (robotics) and artificial intelligence in production processes. We continue to think that over the medium term reshoring could be quite inflationary, which is an impulse that will be amplified by unavoidable central bank monetisation of public debts (to allow nation states to service those obligations) and the debasement of fiat currencies.

https://www.afr.com/wealth/investing/govern...20200722-p55ehh

--------------------

175 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING