Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4569 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Johnny H
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LJS's post @ Aug 15 2019, 10:33 AM

Naked shorting is counterfeiting. Period.

--------------------
Clinuvel until my bowels release for the last time.

LJS
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: polyphemus's post @ Aug 15 2019, 09:02 AM

Agree totally with the 'naked' shorting. It's easy money for lazy funds and brokers to lend shares and the affect compounds along with any 'normal' short positions, stop loss triggers and any emotional loss takers. There is ample liquidity in the market anyway and there are other market option to take up a short position in stocks as you discuss. No question as we get close to a final answer, the shorters could be setting up for major losses (or gains if the hopefully unlikely occurs). GLTA

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Johnny H  

Dr Wally
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

“arzneggs” German for -ignorant, progress delaying regulator-

--------------------
50+ on or before PDUFA... GLTA that have seen the future and kept the faith. 😎 Scenesse 100% will be approved. Too safe, too beneficial to the health of millions. Logic and community pressure will eventually prevail over regulator ignorance.

Fortescue Bullro...
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Aug 15 2019, 02:43 AM

I don’t know what “arzneggs” are, maybe it’s untranslatable, but it seems we are in the arznegg business.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Johnny H  

polyphemus
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 09:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: investek's post @ Aug 14 2019, 03:51 PM

Sorry i dont have access currently to unmasked data - as there is 5% short it will all be Insto that have access to large nominee pools of stock they can borrow. Generally the only naked shorting in Australia is from market makers hedging risk, but this still requires stock lending to cover post transaction.
I generally speaking have a problem with Nominee groups contributing to activity that is counter to the interest of the owners of companies. The benefits of liquidity and reduced volatility don't appear to be realized - shorts tend to increase the magnitude of volatility in both directions. The only shorting i would like to see is by listed Exchange Traded Options, warrants and futures by market makers of those products.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: investek  Johnny H  impacman  

Johnny H
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 02:43 AM
  Quote Post

Translated from German to English.

If there are errors, blame Microsoft.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  English.pdf ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 200

--------------------
Clinuvel until my bowels release for the last time.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Frogster  investek  Clinhope  endymion96  Texas T  

LevelHeaded2000
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 02:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Verharven's post @ Aug 14 2019, 01:10 PM

Mainly because stock markets in general have been taking a beating. Clinuvel was one of the best performing stocks in the last year. Thus, I believe traders viewed it as extra high risk in these uncertain times (that which rises high must fall far).

The fall has largely happened. The stock is down over 30%. It likely will get caught up in the global stock sell off a bit more, but I think largely the bulk of the fall is in. There is, what, 7 weeks until the approval date? Assuming the short is done by various people at least some of them will want to take some risk off the table before approval date. Otherwise, they are at pretty big risk, especially the ones that are shorting even at today's low price.

So, my guess is within the next week or so that shorting will plateau. And, within a few weeks the shorts will begin to unwind and reverse. I have to imagine at least half will close prior to approval with the other half being closed in the approval pump.

mrdax
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 07:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Sergio Marchionne's post @ Aug 14 2019, 04:34 PM

👍
Fine summary.
Bit outdated about asx200 inclusion though. Asx200 inclusion was already done and it's still mentioned as chance in the swot analysis.

Sergio Marchionn...
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 04:34 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5nrgrt9et0v9gp4/...QmfLE5nsEa?dl=0

Said 'Thanks' for this post: ajshare  Alaaf  royco  wpw  odi01  Johnny H  Frogster  investek  

investek
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Verharven's post @ Aug 14 2019, 01:10 PM

@polyphemus - Is it possible to see which broker(s) have been selling down while the short interest has been increasing of late?

Thanks in advance.

4569 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING