Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

PRN, PERENTI GLOBAL
alonso
post Posted: Aug 6 2014, 12:12 PM
  Quote Post

The goodwill impairment doesn't seem too drastic to me. It's taken a bit of a hit this morning but my feeling that is short term, after all it's not an operational or cashflow impairment.
The Mali tax issue on the other hand shows up the dangers of being in Africa - if the virus don't get you, dodgy tax changes will.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

Elliott
post Posted: Aug 1 2014, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 31 2014, 08:08 PM

" So far, no announcement or report has been made. Maybe it's due and "someone knows something"?"

Spot on. Good to see insider trading has been eradicated!! It's not going to be good news. How bad is the million dollar question.

--------------------
My posts are for discussion and educational value only. They are not to be construed as advice in any way.

arty
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 08:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Elliott's post @ Jul 31 2014, 04:50 PM

Using the March-June Lows as a double bottom, I find a textbook-style resistance at today's High:

Attached Image

How far it'll drop is now anyone's guess. Could be as low as 98c, which is reason enough for me to be out till the dust has settled.
So far, no announcement or report has been made. Maybe it's due and "someone knows something"?

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Elliott
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 04:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Elliott's post @ Jul 30 2014, 01:15 PM

That was one hell of an intraday turnaround. Up to $1.18 and smashed to close on the days low at $1.09. Teetering on support now. Tomorrow should tell the story of what's to come.

--------------------
My posts are for discussion and educational value only. They are not to be construed as advice in any way.

Elliott
post Posted: Jul 30 2014, 01:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 30 2014, 12:53 PM

ASL has busted through resistance which essentially is the upper boundary of a large basing pattern that's been unfolding for several months. The initial target sits at $1.45. Quite often price will come back to revisit old resistance which is now support. This could be a strategy if you're looking for an entry level. I hold.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

alonso
post Posted: Jul 30 2014, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 30 2014, 12:53 PM

No, there's got to be something specific. Not a lot of talk on the boards either.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

arty
post Posted: Jul 30 2014, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 30 2014, 10:50 AM

Could it be that the media are a little behind the times?
All that moaning about Mining Services hitting tough times may have been justified a few months or a year go. But Aussie Engineers are an adaptive lot. A little shake of the sauce bottle - or make that WD40 - and it's running again.

See DOW.

Attached Image

See ASL.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

alonso
post Posted: Jul 30 2014, 10:50 AM
  Quote Post

I am at a loss (no pun intended) to understand the recent sustained rise here. There has been no news and all around MS stocks are tumbling. But that's the market.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Apr 9 2014, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Mar 1 2014, 10:00 AM

Patience is needed. Long-time Support held again and that put ASL back on my shopping list.

Attached Image

On the Daily chart, the bounce was clearly highlighted; ehrn the st falling trend was broken, I bought back in.

Attached Image

Stop raised to Close Below 89c, but I rather suspect we'll get into the overhead gap before long.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Mar 1 2014, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Feb 26 2014, 02:40 PM

But not good enough. I suppose it was to be expected & not surprising they left it till the death last night.

--------------------

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING