Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >   

Reply to this topic

MPL, MEDIBANK PRIVATE LIMITED
Optionsman
post Posted: Nov 12 2014, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 12 2014, 12:49 PM

FYI I also got notified last week of my allotment with my broker BBY. Unfortunately i too only got 8% sad.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 12 2014, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mjwk's post @ Nov 12 2014, 11:23 AM

Hi MJ,
Well, It is what it is.
When you say you rang them, I presume you mean the MPL and not ORD Minett??
I was going to copy the ORDS contract note and redact the identifying bits, but it got too hard as too much had to be pixeled out.
You will just have to take my word for it. hypocrite.gif

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mjwk
post Posted: Nov 12 2014, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 11 2014, 02:55 PM

Hi Mick....I just rang them as I applied for the same amount online and told them your story[ no names mentioned] and they said no person or broker have been alloted shares . The date is the 25th of November. An email will be sent then and not before.
Frodo stay calm it will happen.

Cheers MJ.

--------------------
[font="Arial Black"]Flatout.[/font]

veeone
post Posted: Nov 12 2014, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 11 2014, 02:01 PM

Frodo you applied online with the pre-register???
If you did you should have had emails immediately.........
I don't know how many i have been allocated just going by comments around the traps about scaling back. Cheers V1

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 07:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 11 2014, 03:07 PM

Broker "firm offers" are going to be sorted in advance of the close. If you applied in the public offer you will be notified in due course.

Each individual broker will be allocated an amount to distribute amongst their clients, often depending on how many they have indicated they can lay off. Favoured clients might do better, some will be offered a few less.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 11 2014, 03:07 PM

Howdy Frodo,

I presume that the broking houses are guaranteed a percentage of the float to make them want to participate.

Its then up to the brokers to determine how they allocate to their clients.

There has got to be some advantage in donating varying amounts of your money to the parasites.

Mick

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

frodo
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 11 2014, 02:55 PM

Well astonished really because the offer doesnt close until Friday so I would have thought they should have waited until they coiuld work out the allocation after all offers were in.

Thinking stupidly that subscribers to the private health fund would have been given first preference over the brokers - thought it read like that. Anyway dont know why Im worrying about
it because I am expecting a low allocation too. As usual line the boys pockets first.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 02:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 11 2014, 02:02 PM

Frodo, I got an email yesterday asking if I wanted the 30k.
Said sure did, and now my portfolio on ords has 30K MPLZZ, and my Cash MGT A/C is 30 grand poorer.
Hope that means I got them.

Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

Seems to be an appalling stuff-up with the public offer, in that many, many pre-registrations have come out with wrong names, or at least missing bits of polysyllabic surnames.This will mean many HIN registered applications will lapse to Issuer sponsored, and the extra 15% promised allocation may be cut out. Following that will be large scale Registry changes of names, etc.(and, one would assume, plenty of disgruntled punters; esp. if they were hoping to stag)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

frodo
post Posted: Nov 11 2014, 02:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 11 2014, 02:01 PM

Ooops sorry I mean Mullokintyre.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING