Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
controvers
post Posted: Sep 24 2007, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: console on Monday 24/09/07 10:36am

In a post of ACM last friday I read also that they have no intention to sell there assets against every price they can get, there are limits. Perhaps these .50 level could be a support for us . Does anyone know perhaps at what level ACM bought CUV?

controvers
post Posted: Sep 24 2007, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?display=discussion&code=cotn:ACMH.L - 85k -

At this site you will find a discussion about ACM.

The latest news (last sunday) on this forum:

Partner buys Abcap

FLORIAN HOMM, the hedge-fund manager who last week hammered the share price of Absolute Capital Management by resigning, has sold a 14.5% stake in the business to Andreas Rialas, one of the firm’s partners. Rialas, who runs Argo, the hedge fund owned by Abcap, bought 10m shares from Homm on Friday. Rialas now controls 31% of Abcap and Homm owns about 4%. Hedge fund hero jumps ship, page 11

Today Sunday
tomorrow Monday the market can react to the news Andreas Railas has another 10% and from the positive reaction and positive postings from BillPrince/mahfouz/kurafu-san regarding that information i think others will feel the same,

i feel the market will also act positive,
then information on Wednesday to shareholders will further improve sentiment,
and from meetings last Friday, all of this will help to make the shareholders feel more positive, then the feedback on information will take a few days, and the management meeting with fund managers will help,

what surprised me was so little information in the press at the weekend,
i worked in the newspaper industry for over 15 ,and i think they will have stories that were spiked about ACMH but now on file, everyone wanted Bank of England and Northern Rock stories in the papers,

If Andreas Railas gets the backing from his fund managers then i think this will be the last time we see low 50p share price, if they decide they do not want Andreas Railas, then ACMH and the money i put in are finished.

I will be able to judge by the share price on Monday and all next week.

console
post Posted: Sep 24 2007, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

The big test will be to see if the selling stays limited to 50c as the volume drops off or if they will start selling lower.

--------------------
Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.

KRD
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 11:45 PM
  Quote Post

If Absolute Capital is truly unwinding its ownership in CUV it could be a long couple of weeks ahead. With 20% ownership they would control about 60 million shares. How many (if any) they've sold to date is anyones guess but yesterday's volume of 4 million plus is certainly not the norm. If they plan to sell the entire stake it could get ugly.

You wonder if CUV might consider buying some of them back at a major discount from their original issue price to stop the bleeding and potentially shore up the price. With $60 million in cash they could buy back 5 or 10 million shares without breaking the bank and if needed re-issue them again 12-18 months down the road and a much higher price. Just a thought.

spartz
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 09:12 PM
  Quote Post

CUV mentioned on Bloomberg today.....

BHP, Clinuvel, Intec, PBL, Westfield: Australian Stock Preview

By Emma O'Brien

Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The following is a list of companies whose shares may rise or fall in Australia. This preview includes news announced after markets closed yesterday. Prices are from yesterday's close unless otherwise stated. Stock symbols are in parentheses after the company names.

...blah blah blah ....

Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (CUV AU): The Melbourne-based biopharmaceutical company said recent declines in its share price may be related to Absolute Capital Management Holdings, Clinuvel's largest stakeholder, declaring Sept. 19 that its funds were distressed. Clinuvel's activities are ``positive and unaffected'' by events specific to Absolute Capital, the company said in a statement to the exchange. Clinuvel lost 3.5 cents, or 7 percent, to 47 cents.

Link for those interested: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...t0&refer=stocks

Spartz

panguna
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 07:05 PM
  Quote Post

Latest news on ACM :
-------------------------

AFX News Limited
Absolute Capital to restructure 5 equity funds
09.21.07, 4:25 AM ET

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Absolute Capital Management Holdings Ltd (ACMH) said it will restructure five equity funds, to enable orderly management and sale of illiquid assets, while the remaining three funds will continue broadly as before.

Redemptions have been suspended on Absolute European Catalyst Fund Ltd, Absolute Octane Fund Ltd, Absolute Return Europe Fund Ltd and Absolute East West Fund Ltd.

Absolute Activist Value Fund Ltd will transfer its illiquid portfolio assets to a side pocket and issue side pocket shares to investors.

The company's management has held informal discussions with a large number of investors representing a significant proportion of assets under management, and is pleased to report that such investors' initial responses to the proposal have been positive, it said.

Absolute Germany Fund Ltd and Absolute India Fund Ltd hold illiquid assets at 2 pct and 5 pct, respectively. 'Unfortunately due to the instability and loss of investor confidence caused by (founder and co-chief investment officer) Florian Homm's sudden resignation, these funds have experienced high levels of redemption requests,' ACMH said.

Thus redemptions will be suspended for the Oct 1 2007 and Nov 1 2007 dealing days. The funds' portfolio managers have converted a significant portion of the funds' assets to cash, ACMH added.

It anticipates that these funds will reopen to subscriptions/redemptions in not more than 8 weeks.

Absolute Large Cap Fund Ltd's portfolio is highly liquid. Thus no restrictions on redemptions are needed as the fund will be able to meet redemption requests in the normal course, ACMH said.

TFN.newsdesk@thomson.com

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

x-ray
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

Games day.
looks like someone wants out.
be careful

cheers X-ray

Benjammin
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: console on Friday 21/09/07 10:52am

So nice of them to back off a bit to keep support levels around that price. blink.gif

Given that, looks like a great [re]entry point. Maybe hold some cash back for sub 45c dips, eh?

console
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

It looks like Absolute Capital are dumping shares down to 50c but they don't seem to go any lower.

I noticed yesterday that once it went below 50c the volume dropped off.

--------------------
Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.

Badhairday
post Posted: Sep 21 2007, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sharedude on Friday 21/09/07 03:15am

Does anyone find it strange that CUV had a meeting before each of the announcements (video and web site) and came up with that announcement? I mean why you would need a meeting to come up with an announcement that should have been forth coming to shareholders without being pressured. Where was the falling ticket from the ASX watchdog?

--------------------
Everything but now is History.

4907 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING